This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hmm... The best games I play tend not to have multiplayer in them... Huh...

#11CaIiber345Posted 11/26/2012 3:37:05 PM
My favorite games this gen all revolved around the single player experience. GTA IV, SRTT, RDR, FO3, Skyrim, Singularity, and many others.

I enjoy playing the campaigns in the CoD and Halo franchises. I've played their multiplayer. Yet I haven't played a multiplayer game with random people in...wow. I can't even remember. The last time that I had great experiences with a MP game was Left 4 Dead. I made some online friends that I still party up with regularly.

For me, it's not the repetition of game mechanics, like Killstreaks, or modes, like Deathmatch and Capture the Flag. It's the people. Racists, mic breathers, crappy music, whiny kids, etc. But that was when you actually had people with a mic. Now it's parties, and anyone that is solo doesn't talk or even have a mic plugged in. What's the point of connecting to a game with other people then? In CoD, I ended up playing Combat Training against bots when I wanted my fix.

So I haven't had an interest in MP in a long time. I'll buddy up with friends when there's a Co-Op game that we all like, but that's about it. And the best part is I really don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I spent a lot of time in MP for the first two years I had my 360. Now I'm perfectly happy to sit in a party with friends while we all play whatever we're playing.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!
#12oasisbeyondPosted 11/26/2012 4:01:28 PM
I'm with you tc. I loved Quake III Arena back in the days, maybe cuz it had keyboard chat, so it never got that nasty.

I was called a F$%&& Frenchy on my first live game... Ever... Yet the game was made by French people here in Montreal. What's funny is that, I barely speak french lol.

I was called a Shotgun whore and the teen went crazy on me... Yet it was a shotgun and sniper rifle game only... What was I supposed to do? Use my sniper rifle when he's 10 feet from me? Oh that's right, he's a dumb teen, maybe he should try that in real life and see how it goes...

Anyways, I can go on and go on. I work hard and enjoy life. When something isn't fun anymore then I move on. Online is dead for me, the people there turn me off. At least the single player can never insult me. Sure it will frustrate me once in a while but never insult me for no reason.

Maybe we take things to serious, but maybe we also know what makes us happy in life. I stay away from negative people in person and online.

Cheers!
#13NellytheHoofPosted 11/26/2012 4:22:21 PM
Completely agree. Just don't see the appeal to multiplayer at all. And 99% of people online seem to be utter cretins.
Tried to play COD a few times just to see what all the fuss is about, but I don't see the satisfaction in beating a bunch of strangers, nor do I care if I lose to them.
---
YNWA
#14CaIiber345Posted 11/26/2012 4:24:32 PM
^I love the above two posts.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!
#15DisturbedIconPosted 11/26/2012 4:28:07 PM
Well.

Hitman Absolution's Contracts does not involve shooting each other.

It's a challenge based system where we've got to see who can do a certain contract better than the other person and i find that quite enjoyable competing against high scores on contracts made by my peers.
---
Disturbing GameFAQs since 2002...
GamerTag:
Rah514/ PSN: Rah-514
#16Dillon360Posted 11/26/2012 9:25:23 PM(edited)
You didn't list Mass Effect 1-2, Batman Arkham City, Alpha Protocol, Catherine, LA Noire, Ninja Gaiden 2, Prototype 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, The Walking Dead, and Dishonored...

=(
---
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year
#17ILikesCheesePosted 11/26/2012 9:28:06 PM
TC has no friends and iz lonely and mad at world. Sad face :(
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#18mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:31:26 PM
Dillon360 posted...
You didn't list Mass Effect 1-2, Batman Arkham City, Alpha Protocol, Catherine, LA Noire, Ninja Gaiden 2, Prototype 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, The Walking Dead, and Dishonored...

=(

Totally forgot... sorry about that. But I have yet to play the Walking Dead game... YET... I am getting the disc on on christmas.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#19BeastLeeAdamsPosted 11/26/2012 9:32:54 PM
Very few single player game are worth the $60 purchase. I am not wasting my cash on a game that I can be done with in a week. This is why multiplayer has thrived this gen. We are in a recession and I want bang for my buck, unless the game is at least 20+ for a story mode I will not buy it at launch unless it has decent multiplayer. Dishonured is not worth the $60.
#20ILikesCheesePosted 11/26/2012 9:33:07 PM
1. Dark Souls

2. Blur

3. Driver SF

4. Max Payne 3

5. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit

6. Assassins Creed 3

7. Borderlands 2

All of these games are great single player experiences....made even better by their multi-player components. Stop living in the black and white and enter the grey.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?