This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will we ever see a good MMORPG on Xbox 360?

#11JRS511(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:26:58 PM
RageBattle posted...
Why would you want a MMORPG at the near closing of its life cycle? It would be interesting to see one at the next console launch though.

Yea I kind of just meant Xbox in general. I know this console won't be around much longer but I would really love one for next gen.

I am aware the others were not successful but I'm hoping someone finds a formula that works.
---
"Nothing can heal you when everything burns"
#12Gogo726Posted 11/26/2012 11:28:23 PM
Final Fantasy XI
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#13wneissPosted 11/26/2012 11:50:05 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
Phantasy Star Universe was fun while it lasted, it had a good run.

I'm playing the single player campaign now, wondering how the mp was.
---
PS2, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP-1000, DS Lite, DSi XL, RetroDuo SNES/NES
Playing: Tales of Legendia
#14OrgeLambartPosted 11/26/2012 11:56:34 PM
MMORPG's are pretty horrible in all ways, typically they are good for 2 - 3 months, after that they are riddled with nerfs and other rediculous stuff. Also MMO's aren't good on a console, just putting that out there.
#15Super CreaturesPosted 11/26/2012 11:58:06 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
I think people wouldn't go for it primarily based of paying a fee, on top of paying for Live.

Does PSU require both?

I know that with FFXI, you only have to pay for the monthly fee, Gold is not required.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#16HughJorgennPosted 11/27/2012 12:36:39 AM
RageBattle posted...
Why would you want a MMORPG at the near closing of its life cycle? It would be interesting to see one at the next console launch though.
#17MrDeadeyezPosted 11/27/2012 3:07:16 AM
Super Creatures posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
I think people wouldn't go for it primarily based of paying a fee, on top of paying for Live.

Does PSU require both?

I know that with FFXI, you only have to pay for the monthly fee, Gold is not required.

You only need a silver account, and the monthly fee is pretty cheap for FFXI.
Its also still incredibly active, and drawing back large amounts of ex players due to easier access to endgame content, level increases, a jillion new merits, and a signifigant expansion coming next year.
Anyone who has played it in the past should be aware that endgame linkshells are pretty much gone, and have been replaced by social shells. On the Bahamut server, we have a linkshell that has around at least 200 people chatting at any given time.
That said, at low peak times when I play, the amount of people on my server is hovering at about 2000. Six months ago it was around 1200. The game population is growing quickly again. Kinda cool, since its been around for more than ten years now.
---
The one redeeming hope for Batarians is that they actually get their money's worth when they go to a buy one get one free sale at Lenscrafters.--PinkFloydman73
#18PantherRiderPosted 11/27/2012 3:11:39 AM
wasn't phantasy star an mmo?
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**
#19JON4495Posted 11/27/2012 3:17:12 AM
There's an MMO coming out next year, I remember reading about it in an xbox mag.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of it though
---
Gamertag: BIONICxSHADOW