This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

system update??

#1DeathmetalgamerPosted 11/27/2012 4:40:48 AM
I was playing halo 4 and in the middle of the match I got disconnected and now I am installing an update. happen to anyone else?!
#2CoolAsianDudePosted 11/27/2012 4:43:55 AM
Yup. Pissed.

Seems to do nothing for the majority of us. Something about smartglass and Xbox Music and Video getting updated. =p
---
I ask a lot of questions. Just to let 'ya know.
#3Grave2kPosted 11/27/2012 4:44:35 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/64754730
#4Gamerguy92Posted 11/27/2012 6:37:02 AM
This explains it: http://majornelson.com/2012/11/27/xbox-system-update-going-out-today/
---
In God I trust.
#5VeliconisPosted 11/27/2012 6:44:38 AM
I just did the update and now my Xbox won't start up. :|

It downloaded the update and went to restart itself and now it just sits there. The splash screen doesn't come up or anything.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#6pothocketPosted 11/27/2012 6:45:39 AM
This is annoying. Wanted to get on before work but can't wait around for an update. Didn't they just update a month ago? What's the deal?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#7Banana_ManaPosted 11/27/2012 6:45:49 AM
Veliconis posted...

It downloaded the update and went to restart itself and now it just sits there. The splash screen doesn't come up or anything.

Maybe you downloaded the downbreak instead?
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#8VeliconisPosted 11/27/2012 6:48:18 AM
Veliconis posted...

Someone posted on Major Nelson's blog that they're having the same issue.

I think I read somewhere about being able to clear system updates, so I guess it's time to fire up Google and see what I can find before contacting Xbox customer support.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#9Banana_ManaPosted 11/27/2012 6:52:05 AM
Veliconis posted...
Veliconis posted...

Someone posted on Major Nelson's blog that they're having the same issue.

I think I read somewhere about being able to clear system updates, so I guess it's time to fire up Google and see what I can find before contacting Xbox customer support.

Good luck.

Let us know if it works.
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#10klaxenderPosted 11/27/2012 7:16:13 AM(edited)
The update broke Forza 3 for me. Now all rendered cars appear with a very faint black outline but the rest of the vehicle is white. In races the whole screen is white with the black outline of the car barely visible.

Joy!
---
PSN/Steam ID: klaxender