This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

system update??

#11Super CreaturesPosted 11/27/2012 10:59:54 AM
pothocket posted...
This is annoying. Wanted to get on before work but can't wait around for an update. Didn't they just update a month ago? What's the deal?

You haven't read the numerous posts about how the new dash is still broken, even though us beta testers found and reported the bugs that are still present, and they never bothered to fix them before pushing the new dash to meet their deadline of getting it released before Windows 8?

And yet, they didn't even bother fixing those issues (at least not according to the info Major Nelson posted).

Also, this is a very small update, unless you have **** connection speeds, it should only take a few minutes, total.

I think it took my console a whole 2 minutes to download, install, reboot, and finish installing the update.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#12glassghost0Posted 11/27/2012 11:04:21 AM
Gamerguy92 posted...
This explains it: http://majornelson.com/2012/11/27/xbox-system-update-going-out-today/

why can't people separate their links so that I can just triple click to highlight then open in new tab....
---
Signature OFF
#13randomweirdoPosted 11/27/2012 11:07:40 AM
Veliconis posted...
Veliconis posted...
I just did the update and now my Xbox won't start up. :|

It downloaded the update and went to restart itself and now it just sits there. The splash screen doesn't come up or anything.

Maybe you downloaded the downbreak instead?

Someone posted on Major Nelson's blog that they're having the same issue.

I think I read somewhere about being able to clear system updates, so I guess it's time to fire up Google and see what I can find before contacting Xbox customer support.

I found it. You go to the storage device selection screen and press LB RB X LB RB X. Then select yes at the prompt and console restarts and updates again.
#14kingbahamut83Posted 11/27/2012 5:26:21 PM
You've been able to just hit y while highlighting the hdd and pick clear cache for awhile now. No more having to do the combo any time you had to do this.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
#15IChangedMyNamePosted 11/27/2012 5:35:47 PM
Kicked me outta a co-op R6V2 game last night... Was wondering what it did, thanks for the info
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#16randomweirdoPosted 11/27/2012 6:30:32 PM
kingbahamut83 posted...
You've been able to just hit y while highlighting the hdd and pick clear cache for awhile now. No more having to do the combo any time you had to do this.

Clearing cache and deleting the update are very different things. Clearing the cache removes game updates, but not dashboard updates.
#17MannerHatcheryPosted 11/27/2012 6:34:30 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Gamerguy92 posted...
This explains it: http://majornelson.com/2012/11/27/xbox-system-update-going-out-today/

why can't people separate their links so that I can just triple click to highlight then open in new tab....

Here you go:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/text-url-linker/aegfbpchoheaflicfmggkmlmcccpjpgd/related

or:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/linkification/
---
Winter is coming
#18VeliconisPosted 11/27/2012 7:20:55 PM
Veliconis posted...
Veliconis posted...
I just did the update and now my Xbox won't start up. :|

It downloaded the update and went to restart itself and now it just sits there. The splash screen doesn't come up or anything.

Maybe you downloaded the downbreak instead?

Someone posted on Major Nelson's blog that they're having the same issue.

I think I read somewhere about being able to clear system updates, so I guess it's time to fire up Google and see what I can find before contacting Xbox customer support.

I found it. You go to the storage device selection screen and press LB RB X LB RB X. Then select yes at the prompt and console restarts and updates again.

I couldn't do that considering my Xbox wouldn't start up at all. I had to contact Microsoft and they fixed it for me.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#19CalistoCoonPosted 11/27/2012 7:43:54 PM
So why don't they just update the App instead of making it mandatory for us to install it?
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#20kyle78Posted 11/27/2012 8:00:44 PM
The update is anti piracy related, they always are.
---
Obama care: Punishment for the working class.