This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Halo 3 better than Reach?

#1Superman80Posted 11/27/2012 9:16:05 AM
I just finished Reach and absolutely loved it. Before starting Halo 4 I was thinking of buying Halo 3 and playing through that, so is it better than Reach? how about Halo 1 anniversary? please rank them.
#2Arucard05Posted 11/27/2012 9:20:33 AM(edited)
Campaign wise: Halo Reach > ODST > Halo CE > Halo 4 > Halo 3 > Halo 2

Edit: I should add there's not a bad game in the bunch. Play 'em all.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#3SunDevil77Posted 11/27/2012 9:17:55 AM
Halo 1=Halo 4>Halo 3>Reach
Imo.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#4KtuluheroIIPosted 11/27/2012 9:19:55 AM
Reach is the best.
---
WINNING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hLduV1p88
#5ObtikPosted 11/27/2012 9:19:56 AM
Ce, reach, 3. 3 is still good though.
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#6Halochief6Posted 11/27/2012 9:21:13 AM
Reach is my least favorite Halo. Halo 3 is probably my favorite.

Most of my friends agree, but since Reach was you first 3 may seem like a downgrade.

No comment on Anniversary. But it's almost exactly like CE
---
"Awesome. Can I play steam games on my 360? I assume I can since you posted that on the Xbox 360 board in a topic about XBL deals." - Vivi0198
#7OverburdenedPosted 11/27/2012 9:30:30 AM
Reach looks amazing compared to halo 3.

Campaign, for me I liked them both, but reach just a little more, because of the different weapons etc, but because you played that before halo 3 you'll have to see for your self.

Online, reach was better for me, although most my favourite maps are on halo 3.
---
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#8ObtikPosted 11/27/2012 9:33:03 AM
Your in a special club now with like 7 other people who liked reachs multi more than 3. :)
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#9En Sabah NurPosted 11/27/2012 9:34:16 AM
I feel like Reach had one of the most boring campaigns in the series. It's not that it was bad, it just didn't have anything really stand-out.

Halo 3 had a much more interesting campaign, even if I HATED the multiplayer. ODST was a bit different in how it was designed and paced, but it ended up being fairly decent.

I will have Halo 4 in a few days so I can't comment on that one yet, but I'm sure it's better than Reach from what I'm hearing.

Halo 2 has an okay campaign. It's really not that great, but the game's MP is what really sold it for everybody. If you want to start at the beginning you would do well to play Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary which is the remade first game. It is pretty good, although you will notice a good deal of repetition as a number of the levels are just endlessly repeating corridors or backtracking through a level you already finished, only going the opposite way.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#10MRL3G3NDPosted 11/27/2012 9:40:37 AM
reach was bleh to me campaign wise... I had a rollercoaster ride with Halo 1-3...they all had me wanting more after I finished them...

I started Reach on launch..played it 2 days and didn't get back to it until 2012...I really didn't have any motivation to play it until I was a couple of weeks out from Halo 4's release...by then it looked outdated, and the gameplay was old...

Don't get me wrong, it was still fun, but Halo 3 was way better, way mor memorable...and Halo 4 knocks them all out of the water...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q