This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 outsold Wii U Nearly 2:1 during Thanksgiving Weekend

#1NintendologicalPosted 11/27/2012 2:29:17 PM
Microsoft has just announced that its Xbox 360 console sold 750,000 units during the week of Black Friday in the US. By comparison, Nintendo's brand-new Wii U console sold 400,000 units during its launch week. Microsoft also said that Halo 4 "exceeded expectations with impressive sales the week of Black Friday."

Another important data point Microsoft sent along is that Xbox Live Gold Subscription card sales increased more than 50 percent compared to last year's Black Friday week. Microsoft notes "incredible activity on Xbox over the weekend" with more than 14 million people on Xbox Live on Sunday alone, accounting for more than 72 million hours of use in just one day. Microsoft also said that compared to 2011, there's been a 43 percent increase in US entertainment application usage taking place on Xbox Live during the week of Black Friday.

It's important to note that the retail reporting calendar tracked data from Sunday, Nov. 18 - Friday, Nov. 23, so Microsoft's Xbox 360 sales don't even include the last weekend.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-11-27-xbox-360-sells-750-000-during-black-friday-week
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#2SoincMetalPosted 11/27/2012 2:35:17 PM
You know why? There's no ******* games for it yet.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#3beginningatlastPosted 11/27/2012 2:38:18 PM
SoincMetal posted...

^^ This

Also the system has limited availability in some markets and there are price cuts and deals for the 360 during black Friday. Not so much for the Wii U
#4MouthBreather82Posted 11/27/2012 2:39:39 PM
SoincMetal posted...

This and their are 2-1 consoles available this past weekend during Thanksgiving Weekend.
Very few stores I went to even had any Wii U consoles in stock while they had 10+ 360 consoles in stock.

I may had bought one if they had one appealing title availble at release but since they did not I will just wait it out for the time being.
---
AsRock Z77 pro, i7 2600 , ASUS GTX 670,16gb DDR3 ram, 128gb SSD, 1tb HDD,500gb HDD Rosewill Xtreme 750W, Asus12 x BDW,OEM dvdrw, Rosewill Thor V2
#5candson89Posted 11/27/2012 2:39:50 PM
Playstation 2 sold more than the current gen consoles when they were released, so this isn't a surprise. It's like this for every console.
#6glassghost0Posted 11/27/2012 2:41:26 PM
There were way more 360's and they cost less
---
Signature OFF
#7Nintendological(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 2:51:13 PM
Do you believe that the Wii U would have matched the Xbox 360 or exceeded it had there been more units available?
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#8beginningatlastPosted 11/27/2012 2:54:24 PM
Nintendological posted...
Do you believe that the Wii U would have matched the Xbox 360 or exceeded it had there been more units available?

No because of the other reasons pointed out that you have clearly glossed over. No sales on Wii U hardware and there isn't a library of games amassed over a 7 year period like the 360. It's quite simple.
#9sonicteam2k1Posted 11/27/2012 2:56:56 PM
beginningatlast posted...
SoincMetal posted...

^^ This

Also the system has limited availability in some markets and there are price cuts and deals for the 360 during black Friday. Not so much for the Wii U

this

and the 360 is cheaper
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#10Nintendological(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 3:02:11 PM(edited)
beginningatlast posted...
Nintendological posted...

No because of the other reasons pointed out that you have clearly glossed over. No sales on Wii U hardware and there isn't a library of games amassed over a 7 year period like the 360. It's quite simple.

I didn't gloss over anything. Stop treating me like I wrote the article. I literally reposted the article verbatim and linked it. I chose to pose a question regarding availability because it was an issue raised in two posts. Notice that my first post has no opinion attatched to it.
---