This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game of the Year - Spike Nominees Vote Here!

#1500whpSRT4Posted 11/27/2012 1:59:57 PM
Out of these nominees what is your Game of the Year 2012? - Results (143 votes)
Dishonored
14.69% (21 votes)
Assassins Creed III
15.38% (22 votes)
The Walking Dead
37.76% (54 votes)
Mass Effect 3
24.48% (35 votes)
Journey
7.69% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I am guessing since this is a Xbox board, no one will be voting for Journey, but I will throw this poll up on the PS3 board as well.

My vote goes to Mass Effect with TWD runner up.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock Infinite, SW 1313, Last of Us, Watchdogs, Pikmin 3, GTA V
#2JenniferTatePosted 11/27/2012 2:01:59 PM(edited)
I'm going to give it to The Walking Dead because that game actually lasted a year. No, really, I think the delivery model and storytelling sets a nice bar for future releases to try and hurdle, especially PSN/XBLA titles.
---
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think we should worship the sun and moon as powerful gods, and fear them.
#3aDominationPosted 11/27/2012 2:03:01 PM
I'm going to give my vote to AC3, Dishonored would be a close second.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.
#4500whpSRT4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 2:05:14 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
I'm going to give it to The Walking Dead because that game actually lasted a year. No, really, I think the delivery model and storytelling sets a nice bar for future releases to try and hurdle, especially PSN/XBLA titles.

It was still only about 13-15 hours of content. Dont get me wrong, it was INCREDIBLE, but...Mass Effect was just ridiculously good (except for the endings)- but they put out the free DLC so part of that was alleviated.
---
#5AstronomerJakePosted 11/27/2012 2:06:20 PM
lawl are you kidding me? Those games are absolutely horrible. Kind of sad that the once greatest video game developer of all-time, Blizzard, has fallen so much that their "juggernaut" in Diablo 3 has no mention in these GOTY awards given out.

At least last year had Skyrim.

Did kingdoms of amalur get nominated for top rpgs?
#6500whpSRT4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 2:07:18 PM
AstronomerJake posted...
lawl are you kidding me? Those games are absolutely horrible. Kind of sad that the once greatest video game developer of all-time, Blizzard, has fallen so much that their "juggernaut" in Diablo 3 has no mention in these GOTY awards given out.

Is this a joke? Or a troll post? Cant..tell....
---
#7JenniferTatePosted 11/27/2012 2:12:54 PM(edited)
500whpSRT4 posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...

It was still only about 13-15 hours of content. Dont get me wrong, it was INCREDIBLE, but...Mass Effect was just ridiculously good (except for the endings)- but they put out the free DLC so part of that was alleviated.

I don't judge the quality by the time spent on it. It was pretty fresh and engrossing to me, so that gets my award.

I admit I can't judge ME3 because it's the one on that list I haven't played at all. I didn't get it right at launch, and then some friends raged about the spoilers and story, and it took the wind out of my sales (not the ending, just the fact local friends were freely telling me things faster than I could tell 'em to shut it).

Anyway, for me while WD had flaws (I'd prefer more action, less point and click), I think it's execution and storytelling were really novel.

Dragon's Dogma would be my top pick not on the list.

---
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think we should worship the sun and moon as powerful gods, and fear them.
#8500whpSRT4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 2:12:58 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
500whpSRT4 posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...

I don't judge the quality by the time spent on it. It was pretty fresh and engrossing to me, so that gets my award.

I admit I can't judge ME3 because it's the one on that list I haven't played at all. I didn't get it right at launch, and then some friends raged about the spoilers and story, and it took the wind out of my sales (not the ending, just the fact local friends were freely telling me things faster than I could tell 'em to shut it).

NO! You have to get your brain reset back to March of this year! FORGET ALL SPOILERS!
---
#9JenniferTatePosted 11/27/2012 2:15:54 PM
I will experience it! I promise!
---
#10SunDevil77Posted 11/27/2012 2:16:15 PM
AstronomerJake posted...

What a bad opinion
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.