This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game of the Year - Spike Nominees Vote Here!

#21OmegaFlare18Posted 11/27/2012 3:56:02 PM
I can literally point to every game on that list and call out its flaws. That being said, I think in terms of ambition and the scope of the game, I'd give it to Assassin's Creed 3.

But if personal preference is that it would go to Journey
---
PSN: MachineHero09
Steam ID: mystr_E
#22CyricsServantPosted 11/27/2012 3:59:48 PM(edited)
Unfortunately, I haven't played any of the games on that list besides ME3, so for me ME3 wins by default. I did pick up the Journey Collector's Edition and Dishonored during Black Friday though, and I plan to get The Walking Dead Collector's Edition for Christmas, so I hope to get all caught up.

Honestly though, if I could vote for any game it would have to be Asura's Wrath. That game took me by surprise.
#23500whpSRT4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 6:09:47 PM
OmegaFlare18 posted...
I can literally point to every game on that list and call out its flaws. That being said, I think in terms of ambition and the scope of the game, I'd give it to Assassin's Creed 3.

And how is that different from any other year? Last year was Skyrim...and we could easily pick apart its narrative, voice acting, gameplay, and dialogue...but we dont. Cause it was still good.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock Infinite, SW 1313, Last of Us, Watchdogs, Pikmin 3, GTA V
#24BeefEasterPosted 11/27/2012 6:12:59 PM
I haven't played, nor do I plan on playing, any of those games

I really hope those aren't the actual nominees
#25zender1999Posted 11/27/2012 6:20:39 PM
dark souls for me
#26HeLeehamPosted 11/27/2012 6:27:12 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
ME3 was awful. One of the worst ways to end a trilogy, but that is not the only thing wrong with it.

ACIII was good, but it just isn't as exciting as II

Dishonored was good too. But not enough for me to buy it. One of those one-I'm-done games.

The Walking Dead gets my vote. It had me on the tip of my seat the whole way through.

You can't say ME3 is awful because of its ending and then say AC3 is good.
#27OmegaFlare18Posted 11/27/2012 7:35:17 PM
500whpSRT4 posted...
OmegaFlare18 posted...

And how is that different from any other year? Last year was Skyrim...and we could easily pick apart its narrative, voice acting, gameplay, and dialogue...but we dont. Cause it was still good.

What I mean is this year the game themselves don't have that "obvious" quality that would give them GOTY, compared to games from last year where you almost couldn't even pick since there was so many. Last year's felt like landmark titles, this year is more "they're just really good games".
---
PSN: MachineHero09
Steam ID: mystr_E
#28Perfect LightPosted 11/27/2012 7:49:34 PM
Wow, what a laughably bad year for games. I'm not saying any of those games are bad, but two of them aren't even full games. There's really only THREE retail titles they could come up with that should be nominated for GOTY?
---
E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me.
#29SunDevil77Posted 11/27/2012 7:49:50 PM
BeefEaster posted...
I haven't played, nor do I plan on playing, any of those games

I really hope those aren't the actual nominees

Wait, so...You can say they're all bad..without playing them?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#30KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/27/2012 7:54:56 PM
Out of that poor selection Journey is far and above the rest.
---
PLAYING - Halo 4 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns