This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are the Skylanders games?

#1SolidGoldPosted 11/28/2012 12:04:02 AM
Hey all,

Just curious as to how good the Skylanders games are?
#2VandorLeePosted 11/28/2012 12:51:43 AM
pretty good but expensive and easy.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#3chank_itPosted 11/28/2012 1:27:31 AM
They're good. My 8 year old son loves Skylanders. It's like Diablo for kids, lol. I must admit that I enjoy it a lot myself.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#4Justice98405Posted 11/28/2012 6:50:22 AM
I haven't played the first game, but I bought Giants for my PS3 on the Black Friday sale at Walmart for 39 dollars, and I REALLY like it.

Even at 75, it's pretty dang cool. You ONLY need the starter pack to get a very full experience. You'll have a giant and two regular characters. You won't be able to enter ALL the element restricted areas, but those are never required to get through the game. And you only need 5 more characters to have one of each element, and that's not too bad.

It's great for young people, and I'm 34 and I love it. It's got local co-op, which is very fun, a friend played it with me when I first got it, and we both had a good time.

People who knock the game because of the price are fools. Even at the full 75, you're still getting the game, the portal and three characters, for only 15 more than 'normal' full price games, that's not bad.

And people that say you are FORCED to buy all these characters are simply mistaken, they are TOTALLY optional. I did buy 5 more yesterday, so that I have one from each element, but that's because I could afford them, they're cool, and it's just a fun game.

VERY cool game, even if you don't have a kid, just a bonus if you do, as I imagine it's a good parent/child game to have.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#5cdp1705Posted 11/29/2012 8:06:44 AM
ya its a fun game. we collect everything for our son so we have spent a TON of money on both games, figures, etc. (we have everything you can buy in stores but refuse to pay outrageous prices for the toy fair and super rare figures online) but like the other person said, it is all OPTIONAL. we like to spoil our son lol
#6GeistPosted 11/29/2012 8:11:20 AM
chank_it posted...
They're good. My 8 year old son loves Skylanders. It's like Diablo for kids, lol. I must admit that I enjoy it a lot myself.

Huh, so the game play is action orientated? Thought it was more a pokemon type deal.
---
Currently playing : Minecraft 360
#7Ginsu VictimPosted 11/29/2012 10:37:22 AM
Just a cashgrab.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#8yankee6903Posted 11/29/2012 10:38:17 AM
My kids love it.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#9Justice98405Posted 11/29/2012 6:40:45 PM
"Huh, so the game play is action orientated? Thought it was more a pokemon type deal."

Yes, see if you can find some gameplay footage on Youtube maybe. It's action orientated, for sure. It's a action-platformer more or less, though you cannot jump with your characters (aside from jump pads in certain parts of levels. And it does have a Diablo-ish feel to it, in the sense that you can keep playing levels over and over to get more money and exp for whatever Skylander you are playing as. But the levels are all preset, there's no randomizing of the levels like Diablo has. The gameplay and character development is nowhere near as deep either, but that's hardly a shock, since this is meant to be a very kid-friendly game.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405