This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I bet Halo 4 is only good once...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I bet Halo 4 is only good once...
4 years ago#11
Dragon Nexus posted...
Metroid Prime comparisons to Halo 4 are foolish.

Says someone who doesn't understand the comparison TC was making.

The tc read a couple of other foolish comments about Metroid Prime being similar to Halo 4, and now he's repeating what he read. Metroid Prime is a first person adventure with puzzles, hidden permanent items, bosses, a world map, and backtracking as a major part of the game. Halo 4 is a first person shooter, plain and simple. Halo 4 and Metroid Prime don't even belong in the same sentence.
4 years ago#12
Dragon Nexus posted...
Metroid Prime comparisons to Halo 4 are foolish.

The tc read a couple of other foolish comments about Metroid Prime being similar to Halo 4, and now he's repeating what he read. Metroid Prime is a first person adventure with puzzles, hidden permanent items, bosses, a world map, and backtracking as a major part of the game. Halo 4 is a first person shooter, plain and simple. Halo 4 and Meetroid Prime don't even belong in the same sentence.

You're reading way too much into things. If the TC started comparing gameplay then yeah you might have a point. That didn't happen bud. He or she are just talking about the sense of wonder he or she got from experiencing the world and atmosphere for the first time.
*yawns*
4 years ago#13
The tc read a couple of other foolish comments about Metroid Prime being similar to Halo 4, and now he's repeating what he read. Metroid Prime is a first person adventure with puzzles, hidden permanent items, bosses, a world map, and backtracking as a major part of the game. Halo 4 is a first person shooter, plain and simple. Halo 4 and Metroid Prime don't even belong in the same sentence.

He said

once you experience the vast and breathtaking world for the first time you will never be able to reclaim that sense of wonder on a return playthrough.

He was talking about the emotive experience, not the gameplay.

So yeah...

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
4 years ago#14
I tend to find the opposite with heavily atmospheric games, the 2nd playthough is normally the best.
PLAYING - Halo 4 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
4 years ago#15
I was so massively bored playing Halo 4. Metroid Prime bored me as well. Never been a Metroid guy.
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
4 years ago#16
once you experience the vast and breathtaking world for the first time you will never be able to reclaim that sense of wonder on a return playthrough.

so its like every other game ever made?
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
4 years ago#17
Killah Priest posted...

so its like every other game ever made?

I still think I enjoy second playthoughs of great games more. I'm probably in the minority though.
4 years ago#18
I enjoy second playthroughs too but they generally lack that sense of wonder.

sure you might get the occasional "ohh I missed that my first time" but the sense of wonder will never be the same.

Wouldn't say "ohh don't bother playing through things a second time because it sucks" but its definitely never the same.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
4 years ago#19
Killah Priest posted...
I enjoy second playthroughs too but they generally lack that sense of wonder.

sure you might get the occasional "ohh I missed that my first time" but the sense of wonder will never be the same.

Wouldn't say "ohh don't bother playing through things a second time because it sucks" but its definitely never the same.

True, from a sense of wonder stand point. I suppose I was thinking of overall enjoyment.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I bet Halo 4 is only good once...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived