This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Series that killed their own legacy this generation.

#191darkharePosted 11/29/2012 1:04:16 AM
SoincMetal posted...
Obviously anyone saying Mass Effect lol, it's only been out for 1 gen.

the fact that all 3 games are in one gen is irrelevent, the series consistently went down hill from the first.
---
before i was born i didnt mind death, why would i mind death after living life?
#192mtjormitchPosted 11/29/2012 1:06:18 AM
niels200683 posted...
Did anyone say Ace Combat yet?

The first ones were awesome.
Then came Assault Horizon.
Legacy for 3DS was ok, but that's because it was a remake of 2.

Unsung war is and forever will be awesome. Either they learn to just make something like that over and over again or just go away.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#193Arucard05Posted 11/29/2012 1:06:41 AM
The only one that comes to mind is Resident Evil.

Metroid Other M may have have been a disaster, but it was also very likely a one-off fluke. Conviction and Nuts & Bolts may have angered some "fans" of the series', but they are great games for anyone who will give them a chance. And Sonic started out with possibly his lowest point with Sonic 06 but has only improved his rep since then with Colors and Generations.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#194Trailblazer34Posted 11/29/2012 1:08:24 AM
FFXIII/XIII-2 is the only acceptable answer besides Other M.
#195mtjormitchPosted 11/29/2012 1:11:02 AM
Arucard05 posted...
The only one that comes to mind is Resident Evil.

Metroid Other M may have have been a disaster, but it was also very likely a one-off fluke. Conviction and Nuts & Bolts may have angered some "fans" of the series', but they are great games for anyone who will give them a chance. And Sonic started out with possibly his lowest point with Sonic 06 but has only improved his rep since then with Colors and Generations.

Yeah. Other M looked bad just from previews. My gut said so. My gut is usually right about these things. Currently my gut is feeling extremely good about GTA5 after the horrid driving of GTA4. Just saying.

One franchise that sucks now is Resident Evil for certain. But ah well... we got Amnesia... and probably some kickstarter horror games are going to be coming up sooner or later.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#196youshallbeasgodPosted 11/29/2012 1:27:26 AM
Angry Birds.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#197Emperor_mateusPosted 11/29/2012 2:07:55 AM
I think the fuss about mass effect's ending is a bit overblown but it did kill its own legacy this gen.

The game and most of its story where still good but many people will remember it as that game with a crappy ending.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#198CaIiber345Posted 11/29/2012 2:10:50 AM
Resident Evil. It's safe to say that I'll never buy another RE game again.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
So, what games did you play today?
#199mtjormitchPosted 11/29/2012 2:15:42 AM
Emperor_mateus posted...
I think the fuss about mass effect's ending is a bit overblown but it did kill its own legacy this gen.

The game and most of its story where still good but many people will remember it as that game with a crappy ending.

As a guy who writes. The ending couldn't have been worse. They literally just went so bad with the ending that it is sickening that it even exists in the state it is in. I... can hardly believe how crappy it is. You would have to try to be that horrible. Even a amataur writer can tell you the millions of reasons why ME3's ending could quite possibly be the worst ending in all of fiction.
---
#200zebmarvinPosted 11/29/2012 2:19:27 AM
mtjormitch posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...

As a guy who writes. The ending couldn't have been worse. They literally just went so bad with the ending that it is sickening that it even exists in the state it is in. I... can hardly believe how crappy it is. You would have to try to be that horrible. Even a amataur writer can tell you the millions of reasons why ME3's ending could quite possibly be the worst ending in all of fiction.

Everybody, back up. This guy's a professional.
---
I'm new.