This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Series that killed their own legacy this generation.

#21klcomanPosted 11/28/2012 12:43:48 PM
Perfect Dark
---
xbox live dklco 007
#22EternalNetherPosted 11/28/2012 12:47:45 PM
randomweirdo posted...
Geist posted...
randomweirdo posted...
Geist posted...
Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy killed their own legacy last gen tbh.

I disagree, 10 and 12 were great, 13 is a hole to hell lined with boredom.

Great? The characters in 12 were cardboard cutouts except maybe for Balthier and a couple of minor characters. The story sure wasn't anything special, just the normal FF brand of empire wanting to rule the world. In fact, it was just pretty much a rehash of FF6 or FF2, but 6 did a better job with interesting plot. Gameplay wise, it was utterly tedious and I would have quit likely if I didn't have the pleasure of staring at Balthier.

It had great potential, and just fell flat.

10 was okay, but it had far too many drawbacks to be a great game in the series. If it were a standalone title it would be good, but you compare it to other FF games, it falls flat.

Though to be quite honest, I think the legacy was killed with FF7 because then they became shiny and pretty but with little substance. Square/Enix just forgot that what made the series awesome was how they pushed the limits in every aspect, not just graphically. Instead they concentrated on graphics and the rest tended to fall flat because it was an afterthought at best.

I'll admit, I haven't played 13, but that is mostly because I hated 10 and 12 and have pretty much given up on the fact that Square/Enix can create a decent game with the name Final Fantasy on it and instead is now creating mediocre games and milking the brand for sales like they are doing by porting the old titles tot pretty much every system they can.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. The only Final Fantasy game I really disliked was VIII. I've played and beaten XIII and XIII-2 twice each with a third play planned soon before Lightning Returns is released. X was awesome too. XII wasn't AS awesome but was still great.
---
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV
#23RE2LeonSPosted 11/28/2012 12:50:07 PM
I was going to say Resident Evil, but they killed it last generation. Silent Hill did a pretty good job at axing itself in the back.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#24Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 11/28/2012 12:50:28 PM
Resident Evil was definitely the first series that came to mind when I saw this topic.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#25En Sabah NurPosted 11/28/2012 12:53:27 PM
SpaceDesperado posted...
Splinter-Cell when Conviction got released
Elder Scrolls
Bioware RPG's/Mass Effect when Mass Effect 2 got released
Ninja Gaiden when the siggma versions/III got released
Spider-man when Spider-man 3 got released

Conviction was better than Double Agent.

Skyrim was better than Oblivion.

Mass Effect 2 was better than Mass Effect 1.

NG Sigma 2 was way better than NG2 itself. NG3 does suck though.

Web of Shadows, Shattered Dimensions, and even Amazing Spider-man make up for the poor quality of Spider-man 3.

Is that all you've got?
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#26BlueJester007Posted 11/28/2012 12:59:06 PM
Mass Effect 1 certainly is still playable. I don't own it just to look at it. Mass Effect 2 and 3 on the other hand, I sold those two after I realized Mass Effect 3's ending killed any reason to replay the triology.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#27KtuluheroIIPosted 11/28/2012 1:00:02 PM
NG Sigma 2 was way better than NG2 itself.

That's just plain wrong.
---
WINNING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hLduV1p88
#28NixemoPosted 11/28/2012 1:04:04 PM
Fable. 2 Wasn't amazing but it was fun. 3 SUCKED.

Resident Evil. 5 was ehhhh and 6 is just atrocious.

I also agree with Soulcalibur. 2 was the best in my mind. 4 was fun simply because I hadn't played any fighters for a while, and I just got 5 and it's pretty bad.
---
Visit my gaming site: www.thegameasylum.com
AC: City Folk - Name: Alex - City: Viridian - Friend Code: 0173-8160-2616
#29TrugamerPosted 11/28/2012 1:21:46 PM
2K Football or 2K "sport " as a whole
#30CapwnDPosted 11/28/2012 1:23:40 PM
The Darkhare series. I have no confidence in it anymore.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed