This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Series that killed their own legacy this generation.

#31oasisbeyondPosted 11/28/2012 1:28:29 PM
SplinterCell
Prince Of Persia
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy
Soul Caliber
#32En Sabah NurPosted 11/28/2012 1:35:09 PM
KtuluheroII posted...
NG Sigma 2 was way better than NG2 itself.

That's just plain wrong.

How is that wrong?

Did you even play NG2? It had some HORRIBLE boss fights that were wisely removed in NG Sigma 2.

It has more content in the form of an extra weapon, three extra playable characters, extra/different bosses, a co-op mission mode, and some improved balancing/features.

On what planet is that worse?
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#33WygunPosted 11/28/2012 2:19:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34redskinStuPosted 11/28/2012 2:21:01 PM
Probably have to say Resident Evil.
#35Frost_LASERPosted 11/28/2012 2:22:27 PM(edited)
GooBacksBack posted...
Soul Calibur.

Should Calibur turned to crap fast. I have to mention Perfect Dark as well because of that one garbage game.

Almost forgot to mention Crapcom as a whole.
#36DarthSchubertPosted 11/28/2012 2:27:03 PM
I really think this is about series that existed BEFORE this generation, then killed their legacy with this generation. So things like Dead Space and Mass Effect are clearly out. Resident Evil was the very first series that came to mind.

Resident Evil (4 widely lauded despite horror departure, but further departure has crushed the series)

Silent Hill (1-3 are are niche games - but were popular. New ones not as much)

Perfect Dark was a good example - only 1 predecessor but man, the new one was a flop

Final Fantasy I disagree with only because I think they ruined that legacy LAST generation with X, X2 and XII.

I'm drawing a blank... but here's a fun inverse example. Tomb Raider has certainly not climbed back to where it once was, but the games are not running jokes now.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#37Solstice_Posted 11/28/2012 2:36:36 PM
Tekken
Front Mission
Resident Evil
Armored Core

I am an angry gamer now. And now i have to find some other fun things to do.
---
No, no, the Vagrant Story is not for sale. Now Playing: Black Ops II/Tekken Tag 2/Skyrim
#38TigercmlPosted 11/28/2012 2:37:46 PM
pothocket posted...
Hey scrubs, ME2 SAVED the series. Number 1 is barely playable as a game.

ME2 was garbage. It didn't save the series it turned it into a generic shooter. Which is probably why you like it, especially with you saying ME1 was unplayable. You like ME2 because it was easy linear garbage where all you did was spam one power. No wonder why you like it. It takes no brain power to play. Don't hate on ME1 because you weren't smart enough to figure out how to utilize your powers because of the cooldown time instead of just spamming the most powerful one the entire time like you did in ME2.
#39DarthSchubertPosted 11/28/2012 2:39:23 PM
Tigercml posted...
pothocket posted...
Hey scrubs, ME2 SAVED the series. Number 1 is barely playable as a game.

ME2 was garbage. It didn't save the series it turned it into a generic shooter. Which is probably why you like it, especially with you saying ME1 was unplayable. You like ME2 because it was easy linear garbage where all you did was spam one power. No wonder why you like it. It takes no brain power to play. Don't hate on ME1 because you weren't smart enough to figure out how to utilize your powers because of the cooldown time instead of just spamming the most powerful one the entire time like you did in ME2.

hahaha I also prefer ME1 over ME2 but.... hahahahahaha
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#40aDominationPosted 11/28/2012 2:44:06 PM(edited)
Final Fantasy
Armored Core
Front Mission
GTA
Fable
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.