This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox freezing a lot???

#21NauticalDisastaPosted 11/28/2012 12:11:44 PM
Taption posted...
mine too hmmm what xbox is everyone using im use a phat arcade one

I'm on the S model with built in wi-fi. No temp fix for me :(
---
"Either it'll move me, or it'll move right though me. Fully. Completely." - Gordon Downie
360/PSN/Steam= NauticalDisasta
#22Ephidel88Posted 11/28/2012 12:15:46 PM
NauticalDisasta posted...
Taption posted...
mine too hmmm what xbox is everyone using im use a phat arcade one

I'm on the S model with built in wi-fi. No temp fix for me :(

I'm on that one too. The temp fix might work if you can turn off the power to your wifi, then turn it on after you're in the game. Not sure if that would work the same tho, as I haven't tried it yet...assuming I bother.
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
GT: Deadly Mantodea
#23CoachTravisPosted 11/28/2012 12:30:30 PM
I have an S model with wireless internet, and the temp fix DOES work: What you have to do is when system first loads up, instead of signing into your profile (which would take you to the dashboard), hit the guide button, then select "Play insert whatever game you have in your xbox", then once the game starts loading you can sign into your profile, and it should load fine.
#24NauticalDisastaPosted 11/28/2012 12:32:11 PM
CoachTravis posted...
I have an S model with wireless internet, and the temp fix DOES work: What you have to do is when system first loads up, instead of signing into your profile (which would take you to the dashboard), hit the guide button, then select "Play insert whatever game you have in your xbox", then once the game starts loading you can sign into your profile, and it should load fine.

Microsoft needs to get on this immediately. I'm not going to unplug and plug in my router every time I start up the Xbox.
---
"Either it'll move me, or it'll move right though me. Fully. Completely." - Gordon Downie
360/PSN/Steam= NauticalDisasta
#25Pure InvasionPosted 11/28/2012 12:39:28 PM
This is a pain in the ass. I just disabled the Internet connection for now to my 360. I'm hoping MS can fix this as if the console requires another update to fix the problem, how can we download it of none of us can get to the 360's dashboard?
---
360 Gamertag: Pure1nvasion
#26randomweirdoPosted 11/28/2012 12:40:52 PM
There's a service alert on this issue now.
#27CoachTravisPosted 11/28/2012 12:40:59 PM
NauticalDisasta posted...
CoachTravis posted...

Microsoft needs to get on this immediately. I'm not going to unplug and plug in my router every time I start up the Xbox.

There's no need to unplug the router: The problem only happens when you try loading the dashboard, so as long as you follow my instructions and just load your game from the guide button before signing in, your router can stay on the whole time. But yeah, obviously this problem needs to be fixed soon.