This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Racism in RPGs: Dragon Age & Mass Effect

#31Dillon360Posted 11/30/2012 9:49:04 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
A BLACK GUY IS THE ****ING PRESIDENT. THIS IS PROOF THAT NOBODY REALLY GIVES A **** ABOUT RACE ANYMORE. Millions of WHITE PEOPLE even voted for the guy. Millions of WHITE PEOPLE think it's OK for a black man to run the country, to be the face of our country. This is enough to prove that most people aren't racist anymore...

Plenty of Black people said they only voted because there was suddenly a black candidate.
But apparently that kind of racism is okay.

I know what you mean. And it absolutely disgusts me that 90% (made up statistic) of black people who have NEVER voted before and never gave a **** about politics ALL OF THE SUDDEN absolutely love politics and want to vote THE MINUTE a black person is running for president...

It's bull****. But it's not illegal to to vote for a black guy because his skin color is the same as yours. Not because he's smarter. Not because he has the better plan. But because of his skin.

That's why I despised the MTV and BET commercials that told people to get out and vote.

Why are they telling idiots (who else would watch MTV?) to go out and vote? Even if you don't know **** about politics? That's the LAST thing we need. Is millions of idiots who don't know ANYTHING about politics being told to go vote. Because, more often than not, they're just going to vote for who's... (cooler) and we all know Obama is Joe Cool...

It was never about quantity with votes. It's about quality. It's about getting the SMART people to vote. Personally, I think that you should have to have a certain IQ level or ABOVE to vote. That gets rid of all the idiots, who, lets be honest, don't DESERVE to choose what direction our country goes in...
---
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year
#32SonyHoundDawgPosted 11/30/2012 9:51:18 AM
Sounds like rubbish. The writer is looking to deeply into a story trying to find stuff that isnt there. Its a story for a video game.

Im not saying games can't be arts or classics to be analyzed in the future, but this one isnt it.
#33Nintendological(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 9:52:21 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
I think the only racist ones are the TC and the person who wrote the article.

Seriously, you're being really childish.

Clearly you

A) Do not understand the definition of racism (nor prejudice or bigotry, given your myopic view).

B) Read none of my posts.

Someone looking at two video games as a model for racism in real society is not racism. Me poimting out survey statistics is not racist. If anything said by me or from that article unsettles you, I suggest you take it as a moment to reflect on your own thoughts and understandings and to reevaluate the world around you. I did not make the world as it is, so don't be upset if I unintentionaly remind you.
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#34_OujiDoza_Posted 11/30/2012 10:09:32 AM
The next black guy that cries about racism is getting punched in the throat.

You are racist for posting this.

NOW COME AND PUNCH ME IN THE THROAT LIKE YOU PROMISED, I ****ING DARE YA!
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1
#35Link43130Posted 11/30/2012 10:16:05 AM
Dillon360 posted...
It was never about quantity with votes. It's about quality. It's about getting the SMART people to vote. Personally, I think that you should have to have a certain IQ level or ABOVE to vote. That gets rid of all the idiots, who, lets be honest, don't DESERVE to choose what direction our country goes in...

Can I help screen people? I'll be real good at making sure the undesirables don't get a chance to speak up!
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#36Dillon360Posted 11/30/2012 10:26:32 AM
Link43130 posted...
Dillon360 posted...

Can I help screen people? I'll be real good at making sure the undesirables don't get a chance to speak up!

You got it!

I just resigned. You are now the man in charge!

And for the record, I don't think that IDIOTS should be allowed to vote. Undesirable's is more along the line of UGLIES or discriminating against a certain race. I'm sure there are plenty of black people that would have a high enough IQ to vote!

The way you said it made me sound racist!

=(

I just hate IDIOTS!

Is that such a crime?

>_>
---
#37Robin_MaskPosted 11/30/2012 10:52:35 AM
Dillon360 posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
A BLACK GUY IS THE ****ING PRESIDENT. THIS IS PROOF THAT NOBODY REALLY GIVES A **** ABOUT RACE ANYMORE. Millions of WHITE PEOPLE even voted for the guy. Millions of WHITE PEOPLE think it's OK for a black man to run the country, to be the face of our country. This is enough to prove that most people aren't racist anymore...

Plenty of Black people said they only voted because there was suddenly a black candidate.
But apparently that kind of racism is okay.

I know what you mean. And it absolutely disgusts me that 90% (made up statistic) of black people who have NEVER voted before and never gave a **** about politics ALL OF THE SUDDEN absolutely love politics and want to vote THE MINUTE a black person is running for president...

It's bull****. But it's not illegal to to vote for a black guy because his skin color is the same as yours. Not because he's smarter. Not because he has the better plan. But because of his skin.

That's why I despised the MTV and BET commercials that told people to get out and vote.

Why are they telling idiots (who else would watch MTV?) to go out and vote? Even if you don't know **** about politics? That's the LAST thing we need. Is millions of idiots who don't know ANYTHING about politics being told to go vote. Because, more often than not, they're just going to vote for who's... (cooler) and we all know Obama is Joe Cool...

Hey, racism is okay as long as the white man doesn't say it. It's the biggest double standard in history. Hell, people BELIEVE that slavery was invented by Americans and that no one else but the Americans have done it. Free pass to the Romans and Greeks surprisingly, but let's forget about the rest of the world and say only Colonial America did it. These are the kinds of idiots that are almost everywhere now. A lot of idiots just vote because they "like" the candidate or because the "candidate is on my side!" and never look at the issues on hand nor pay attention to debates or any information. This is wrong, people should review ALL the candidates and SEE which one is TRULY the best one for the country.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#38Dillon360Posted 11/30/2012 11:21:45 AM
Wow. I knew people were stupid, but believing that slavery started in America? Holy **** that's idiotic.

And your comment about people who vote for (who they think is on their side).

Unfortunately, you just described 95% (made up statistic) of the women and black people who voted for Obama...

I'll never understand why women thought that Romney hated women and wanted to hold them down...

Maybe it's just because Democrats are really good at lying and making negative commercials?

I just don't get it...
---
#39Robin_MaskPosted 11/30/2012 11:50:39 AM
Dillon360 posted...
Wow. I knew people were stupid, but believing that slavery started in America? Holy **** that's idiotic.

And your comment about people who vote for (who they think is on their side).

Unfortunately, you just described 95% (made up statistic) of the women and black people who voted for Obama...

I'll never understand why women thought that Romney hated women and wanted to hold them down...

Maybe it's just because Democrats are really good at lying and making negative commercials?

I just don't get it...

lol hey, remember the whole Big Bird fiasco?

Besides, it's gotten to the point where it's racism against whites, same goes for ideas of "Americans are imperialists and wiped out the Indians!", "Europe invented the Crusades and they are evil! Along with the Inquisition!"

Anything that is affiliated with "white" to the point of countries and religion, gets called out. But for some odd reason, everyone turns a blind eye on any other country or religion. Oddly enough, Jews are also affiliated with "white" for some odd reason. But hey, if it's all for "sticking it to the man!" and look cool, they are up for it.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#40_OujiDoza_Posted 11/30/2012 11:54:24 AM
Why don't you guys just go start a cult somewhere.
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1