This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Racism in RPGs: Dragon Age & Mass Effect

#51Dillon360Posted 11/30/2012 11:37:09 AM
Nintendological posted...
Dillon360 posted...
I

Yet how many times have other Black men ru. Even in the past thirty years? When Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson ran, Blacks didn't line up to vote for either of them. If it were a matter of race, then Herman Cain should of had droves of voters. Yet amazingly, none of those Black men held sufficient voter support from the Black community.

In fact, in the short history of the Black priviliege to vote (1964, which was the beginning of safe voting for Blacks), Blacks have often voted for the White candidate, even when a Black candidate was available. Blacks also predominately vote for Democrats and the party choice this time happened to be Black.

So what excuse do you have now? You jabe a painful life ahead of you if you refuse to seek objective truth. No one is blasting you with a water hose, denying you a seat in a restaurant, forcing you to attend a separate school or stopping and frisking you because of your skin. Not saying you have not experienced some form of bigotry in your life time, but it is clear that you need a better perspective of the history of this nation.

Actually, black people DID line up to vote for Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson. But you know who didn't? White people. You can't win a presidential election without the support of white people.

Black people didn't give a **** about Herman Cain because they already have their guy... His name is Obama.
---
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year
#52majinbuu58Posted 11/30/2012 11:43:16 AM
DXiRoNMaN posted...

Herman Cain is about fiscal conservatism, cutting entitlements, eliminating the absurd federal tax code and personal responsibility. In other words he's a "sellout".
I don't know what's more laughable, the fact that minorities haven't figured out Obama won't solve their problems or that someone wrote an essay on racism in RPGs.

I really did like his stance on economic issues... It's a shame that he was the only "decent" candidate of the republican party.
---
"Bruce Wayne is the sort of guy who eats his broccoli, and eats it raw." -CatAtomic999
#53Dillon360Posted 11/30/2012 11:46:11 AM
majinbuu58 posted...
DXiRoNMaN posted...

Herman Cain is about fiscal conservatism, cutting entitlements, eliminating the absurd federal tax code and personal responsibility. In other words he's a "sellout".
I don't know what's more laughable, the fact that minorities haven't figured out Obama won't solve their problems or that someone wrote an essay on racism in RPGs.

I really did like his stance on economic issues... It's a shame that he was the only "decent" candidate of the republican party.

Me too. I wish Herman Cain would have been the first black president...

=(
---
#54BlueJester007Posted 11/30/2012 11:48:34 AM
To John McCain. May he overdose on tanning pills and become the first black President.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#55Dillon360Posted 11/30/2012 11:50:22 AM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
majinbuu58 posted...
Nintendological posted...

Those were different times. Social Media is so huge now that voting "for the black guy" is a social status thing. Also, Herman Cain didn't make it simply because most of the nation only votes in the presidential election.

Hahaha

You're my hero!
---
#56Dragon NexusPosted 11/30/2012 11:55:19 AM
Hell, people BELIEVE that slavery was invented by Americans and that no one else but the Americans have done it. Free pass to the Romans and Greeks surprisingly, but let's forget about the rest of the world and say only Colonial America did it.

This is forgetting the fact that the slave trade still exists and that more whites have been kidnapped and sold into slavery than blacks throughout the history of the world and indeed still are

The white sex slave trade for example is huge.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#57WinternovaPosted 11/30/2012 4:20:17 PM
Dillon360 posted...
Winternova posted...
Dillon360 posted...
It's not my fault you speak ****ty english! If you want to live here, I think it's only fair that you learn how to PROPERLY speak English. What's so wrong or racist about that?

Only the fact that there is no official language of the United States, so any language could be the dominant one, depending on how many people speak it. The question is why aren't you bilingual, esse?

Our President speaks english.

Every worker at every store I've ever shopped at speaks english.

Every waitress I've ever had serve me spoke english.

The people at the DMV speak english.

Elementary, Middle school, High school, AND College teachers teach their class in English.

So, with all of that being said, what do YOU think the official language of the United States is?

I'll wait...

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_lang.html

"Many people are surprised to learn that the United States has no official language. As one of the major centers of commerce and trade, and a major English-speaking country, many assume that English is the country's official language. But despite efforts over the years, the United States has no official language."

Knowledge - you don't have it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#58Just_The_TipPosted 11/30/2012 6:35:35 PM
Dragon Age series depicts a time where segregation, race wars and religious fundamentalism were the norm, and likewise the player, after choosing a particular race to belong to, is limited to siding with the immigrant Qunari, the scapegoated mages, the enslaved dark elves, the religious chantry, or the power-hungry Templars. Any attempt by the player to create a bridge between either of these groups, or to remain neutral, becomes either impossible, or only increases the amount of ensuing racial violence.

Yeah, because that's a simple problem that should be able to be remedied by a few simple choices. Pretty clear cut, black and white (no pun intended) problem.

The author is an idiot.
---
Bernard, don't be a tuna head
#59Dillon360Posted 11/30/2012 9:31:57 PM
Winternova posted...
Dillon360 posted...
Winternova posted...
Dillon360 posted...
It's not my fault you speak ****ty english! If you want to live here, I think it's only fair that you learn how to PROPERLY speak English. What's so wrong or racist about that?

Only the fact that there is no official language of the United States, so any language could be the dominant one, depending on how many people speak it. The question is why aren't you bilingual, esse?

Elementary, Middle school, High school, AND College teachers teach their class in English.

So, with all of that being said, what do YOU think the official language of the United States is?

I'll wait...

"Many people are surprised to learn that the United States has no official language. As one of the major centers of commerce and trade, and a major English-speaking country, many assume that English is the country's official language. But despite efforts over the years, the United States has no official language."

Awww silly WinterNova! Do you believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet?

For shame!

I'm glad the Declaration of Independence was written in Spanish. Or was it Chinese? Good golly we'll never know!

So, let's say there IS no official language. OK. Then we'll go by the language most commonly known and used.

95+% of schools in America teach the kids in WHAT LANGUAGE?

I'll wait...

Oh hell! I can't wait for ignorance! It's English!

Now tell me, why would our teachers in America teach our kids using English if it WASN'T our MAIN (official) language?

So, if you HAD to pick an official language for America, what would you say it is? What would you say is the most commonly known and used language in America?

What language does our President speak in?

What language do our teachers use?

=)
---
#60WinternovaPosted 11/30/2012 9:37:25 PM
Dillon360 posted...
Winternova posted...
Dillon360 posted...
Winternova posted...
Dillon360 posted...

I'll wait...

Awww silly WinterNova! Do you believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet?

For shame!

I'm glad the Declaration of Independence was written in Spanish. Or was it Chinese? Good golly we'll never know!

So, let's say there IS no official language. OK. Then we'll go by the language most commonly known and used.

95+% of schools in America teach the kids in WHAT LANGUAGE?

I'll wait...

Oh hell! I can't wait for ignorance! It's English!

Now tell me, why would our teachers in America teach our kids using English if it WASN'T our MAIN (official) language?

So, if you HAD to pick an official language for America, what would you say it is? What would you say is the most commonly known and used language in America?

What language does our President speak in?

What language do our teachers use?

=)

The language in primary usage is not an "official" language. There are areas of the country that use primarily Spanish, other areas that use Chinese...that doesn't mean that those areas have a different "official" language.

I don't have to go by what I read on the internet. Unlike you, I know the law. And I know there's no official language of the United States. There is a primary language in usage, but it's not official.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)