This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What made Sonic '06 so bad?

#11deimos91Posted 11/29/2012 11:04:10 AM
not sure i enjoyed it it was no SA2 but it was fun for what it was definitely not a bad game by no means but no epic classic either
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#12SR71haloPosted 11/30/2012 1:11:50 AM(edited)
It still boggles my mind that people keep saying this game is "not bad".

If you want to see why this game is so terrible, then I highly recommend watching Clement's review. His review is 3 hours long but it covers every reason why this is most certainly not a good game. If you want the shorter version though;

Bad load times
Glitches, glitches and more glitches
Broken physics
Bad controls
Bad camera
Poor level design
Town missions are stupid and pointless
Graphics are ugly
Story is terrible
Every side character's gameplay is terrible
Soleanna is big and boring

The only positive thing about it is the soundtrack, which is pretty damn good. Other than that, the game is just a broken mess. Go play Colors or Generations instead. Hell, Unleashed is a better buy than this garbage too.

Oh, and here's part 1 of Clement's review:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwwxCL4iyw
---
Now Leave!
#13cup_a_soupPosted 11/30/2012 4:28:57 AM(edited)
Sonic 06 would have been awesome if it finally reached version 1.0.

Problem was that it played like a beta version of a game. Very unfinished. So much content cut. Shame really, could have very easily been regarded as Sonic Adventure 3 if they finished the game.

I enjoyed it enough to get 1000G in it though, the soundtrack and graphics were awesome, the level design was very good and I managed to look past all the beta-esque glitches (being a massive Sonic fan and all). I however, will not recommend the game to anyone unless they are willing to do the same.
#14lostnumberwarPosted 11/30/2012 4:35:08 AM
Not enough chili dogs.
---
And now for something completely the same.