This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wii u fans saying the 360 feels badly outdated

#41poultrygeist1Posted 11/29/2012 9:54:36 AM
eh, the wii U may look better than the 360, but I still have yet to see anything that looks "next gen" and the problem only is made worse when the wii U gets a bunch of current gen ports, and fans buy those up and then still want the privilege of calling their console "next gen." 720 fans will be saying the same about the Wii U, and that's not even factoring in all of the pc players
#42shawnmckPosted 11/29/2012 10:39:42 AM(edited)
I've played the wii-U, and it is on par with the XB 360/PS3.
Wii-U fanboys don't know what they are talking about.
Its no different than the PS3 fanboys claiming that the PS3 is X-times more powerful than the XB 360, when for all intents & purposes they are the same.

BTW
There have already been a few Developers (of the games : Crysis 3, metro: Last Light, & some other Japanese game) that have stated that the Wii-U isn't as powerful as the XB 360 & PS3 in many ways...and thus won't be making games for it.
You look at the ports of games like Batman:AC & Assassin's Creed 3 & BLOPs 2, and they run slightly worse on the Wii-U.

So No, the Wii-U isn't all that they are claiming.
#43MrMikeMaPosted 11/29/2012 9:59:36 AM
I think it's fair to say that 2005 < 2012.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#44mrhappyguy12345Posted 11/29/2012 10:04:14 AM
LousStevens posted...
knightimex posted...
wii u and 360 are terribly outdated.

but I don't care.
Wii U will have games Xbox anything & everything won't.
Period.

Still not stopping me from owning ps4, wii u and 720 and a very nice gaming rig

agreed.

The only people who argue about why one system is better than another is because they can't afford both systems.

Lower class scum.

Lower class scum? That's classy. Let me guess, your daddy bought all of your consoles for you. Judging by your attitude he probably tells you that people without tons of money aren't as good as you. I'm not poor by any means, but you need to open your eyes and realize that $ =\= quality individual. One day when you grow up and get a job and actually work for what you have, you won't be so quick to judge others.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#45Robin_MaskPosted 11/29/2012 10:33:53 AM
knightimex posted...
Darth_Elusive posted...
You guys, don't be too harsh on the Wii U boys/girls.

They have endured their underpowered last generation SD hardware for almost as long as we have enjoyed our games on our HD current gen consoles. Now that they can finally play games in HD, many of which are recycled from what we already played, give them a break. Let them brag about their shiny new toy for while.

Call of Duty
Madden
Forza
Gears of War
Capcom fighters
majority of all FPS games

say hi

You completely missed the point lol, he was talking about how the Wii-only people haven't played any HD game or even Batman game for example. While we have played in HD and even gotten new IPs, the Wii U is getting the same Batman, Assassin's Creed, Darksiders games that we have played from a few months ago to a full year for example.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#46shawnmckPosted 11/29/2012 10:39:04 AM
This was posted by -Damien- over at the PS3 forums....

"Wii U clock speed 1.24 GHz

PS360 clock speed 3.2 GHz"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501905
#47SunDevil77Posted 11/29/2012 10:41:49 AM
Meh, all I know is I can't wait to get my hands on a HD Zelda/Metroid game.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#48impatientpersonPosted 11/29/2012 10:43:37 AM
I think it's safe to say that in a couple years or so the Wii U will probably have nicer lokking or more advanced games than what the 360 pulled off. Most of the time it's a matter of time in learning the secrets of the console to at least use trickery for nice looking stuff. A seven year old old console like the 360 pulling off stuff like Halo 4 is what happens.
---
This user is awesome!:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=927246&topic=44002798
#49GorillaOnRoofPosted 11/29/2012 10:44:03 AM
shawnmck posted...
This was posted by -Damien- over at the PS3 forums....

"Wii U clock speed 1.24 GHz

PS360 clock speed 3.2 GHz"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501905

It really makes no ***ing difference to me what the stupid clock speed is, as I rarely check what time it is using my 360.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#50shawnmckPosted 11/29/2012 10:49:13 AM(edited)
^ I hope you are just being sarcastic...?

Clock speed refers to how fast the processors run, and refers to how they were timed to that effect.
In other words, the CPU of the XB 360 is faster than the CPU of the Wii-U.

And I have no doubts about it, since multi-plat games run slightly worse on the Wii-U.