This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wii u fans saying the 360 feels badly outdated

#51shawnmckPosted 11/29/2012 10:56:16 AM
BTW
I'm not trying to insinuate that the Wii-U isn't a good console &/or that it isn't powerful....only that I am sick & tired of all the propaganda & lies from the Nintendo fanboys claiming that the Wii-U is somehow vastly more powerful than the XB 360 & PS3...when it isn't.

They are roughly on the same level.
Each one having their respective advantages & disadvantages.

Also keep in mind that the system costs $300 &/or $350 for a console with a TABLET device.
The tablet controller probably costs more to make than the console itself.
And yet Nintendo is rumored to be making a profit off of every console sold.
I'm sorry, but there is just no way that is possible unless the Wii-U console is under-powered in contrast with all the claims of the contrary.
#52IvanKozlovPosted 11/29/2012 11:10:48 AM
shawnmck posted...
^ I hope you are just being sarcastic...?

Clock speed refers to how fast the processors run, and refers to how they were timed to that effect.
In other words, the CPU of the XB 360 is faster than the CPU of the Wii-U.

And I have no doubts about it, since multi-plat games run slightly worse on the Wii-U.

The clock speed is almost entirely irrelevant. It all depends on the architecture of the CPU and how efficient it is.

An i7 running at 2.3GHz would completely and utterly decimate an i3 running at 3.2GHz.
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#53DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/29/2012 11:28:21 AM
outdated? sure I will agree with that. outdated compared to WiiU? no, Nintendo just released a "next gen" system that's more comparable to PS3/360. Nintendo is for kids, it's fallen way behind for real gamers.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#54mike468Posted 11/29/2012 11:29:41 AM
I don't care what they say. The next Xbox will be out in one year and will easily be considerably more powerful. The current specs so far (not including storage):

Xbox 360:
-3.2 ghz Tri-core CPU
-500 mhz GPU
-512 MB of Ram
-DVD drive

Wii-U:
-1.24 ghz tri-core CPU
-550 mhz GPU
-2 gb of RAM (8gbs of bandwidth)
-25 gb propriety HD disk drive (incapable of playing dvd or blu-ray movies)

Next Xbox (rumored specs):
-Quad core CPU
-Radeon 6000 GPU
-8 gb or RAM
-50gb Blu-Ray disk drive

The only reason the Wii-U games look better than current gen systems is because it memory channels actually have higher bandwidths. Meaning it can load larger chunks of info at a time, technically though it's really not much different and in some ways actually worst than current gen systems. Aside from having a slower CPU, for a console that is billing itself as an entertainment device for the living room with different media features it's a total joke that the system can't even play normal dvds
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#55shawnmckPosted 11/29/2012 11:31:05 AM
IvanKozlov posted...
shawnmck posted...
^ I hope you are just being sarcastic...?

Clock speed refers to how fast the processors run, and refers to how they were timed to that effect.
In other words, the CPU of the XB 360 is faster than the CPU of the Wii-U.

And I have no doubts about it, since multi-plat games run slightly worse on the Wii-U.

The clock speed is almost entirely irrelevant. It all depends on the architecture of the CPU and how efficient it is.

An i7 running at 2.3GHz would completely and utterly decimate an i3 running at 3.2GHz.

^ You are completely missing the point.
The i3 is an older design than the i7, just like the cpu in the Wii-U is based on an older design.
And also you are going by stated speeds and not clocked speeds.
If you actually clock the i3 & i7 CPU's then the clock speeds will show that the i7 is faster.
The CPU in the Wii-U is stated as being 3.0 gz...yet is clocked at 2.3
By comparison, an i7 CPU at 2.3ghz can still be clocked at higher speeds.

The point is that the Wii-U CPU is being clocked at a lower speed than what is stated.
It is a weak CPU.
#56ZamboniGamerPosted 11/29/2012 11:31:42 AM
Of course they are saying that. The truth is their "next" generation system is on par with a 7 year old system.
#57SixStringHeroPosted 11/29/2012 11:41:51 AM
IvanKozlov posted...
Batistute posted...
blk911 posted...
PS3 still has untapped power. Look at upcoming ps3 exclusive Beyond Two souls. Top 5 of the best look game ever ever easily.

I read that lots of time, indeed since the beginning of this generation and Sony insist that PS3 is super powerful but developers are unable to use its full power, they need to invest more time????? WHAT?
After seven years no one has discovered the secret to PS3 power not even their first party developers, and now this! Pls stop advertising BS, and this is an interactive movie rather than a game, it is no different than Heavy Rain which had good graphic but not amazing and it was mainly a sequences of different cut scenes and this by the same developer!

Compare it with Halo 4, if you really want to fo a fair comparison. Do you think it will look better than Halo4 cut scenes, no! Then thank you;)

Surely you jest. You do know that Halo 4 had CGI cut scenes that looks much better than the actual in game cut scenes, right? I mean, I love the game, but in no way does it have better graphics than even Heavy Rain.

In Heavy Rain the player doesn't even have a fully dynamic camera, the player sees what the developer wants you to see. There's also no AI or physics. It's an interactive movie. Halo 4 actually has physics, full camera control and complex dynamic AI all of which are calculated on the fly. Not a valid comparison in the least.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#58HughJorgennPosted 11/29/2012 1:42:04 PM
ZamboniGamer posted...
Of course they are saying that. The truth is their "next" generation system is on par with a 7 year old system.
#59TravarkothPosted 11/29/2012 2:25:49 PM
From: supremeblaster | Posted: 11/29/2012 6:12:01 AM | #021
The TC is a troll, plain and simple. He WANTS to get hate on Nintendo. I'm on the Wii U board sometimes but I've never seen any Wii U fan say that 360 feels outdated.

It's ridiculous how easy you guys fall for these troll attempts.

Unfortunately, this is going to be ignored.
---
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-- Paarthurnax --
#60JKSonicPosted 11/29/2012 2:38:14 PM
Travarkoth posted...
From: supremeblaster | Posted: 11/29/2012 6:12:01 AM | #021
The TC is a troll, plain and simple. He WANTS to get hate on Nintendo. I'm on the Wii U board sometimes but I've never seen any Wii U fan say that 360 feels outdated.

It's ridiculous how easy you guys fall for these troll attempts.

Unfortunately, this is going to be ignored.

Might be true but then why would he do that here on the 360 board? If he wanted to get Wii U hate this is the last place to feel good about it.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."