This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Complete North American Xbox 360 Retail Collection 2012 edition ** Pics inside**

#101velodyne_76(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 11:51:51 AM
devlkore posted...
devlkore posted...
devlkore posted...
He does play them though. Not every single one, but they do get played so won't stay in the shrink wrap forever except the ones that are so bad he never even wants to play them.

WTF is the point of buying those in the first place?

Why spend money on a game you KNOW is s***?

I agree, I asked in my first post. Interested in TC's response.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, I am just curious as to why people do certain things.

I buy them so I can have a complete collection. Also it was asked before I have both Record or Agarest Wars look closer they are there. I own ALL of the North American release retail games. I am not missing anything. While I dont have time to play all of the games, they have being put into the system at least once so they can get into my games played list. I play whatever I feel like playing at the time. Gamerscore is 178340.

So if they ALL come out of the shrinkwrap, why not wait for a sale/pricedrop? I know you can afford not to wait, but you could be saving so much money you could do loads with it.

As for the complete collection factor, I get it to some extent. The closest I have is on my xbox (1), which is modded, I have full ROMsets for almost every pre-PSX system, so when friends come over and they say "Do you have blahblahgame?" I can automatically say yes, and we can have a nostalgia trip or I can be introduced to something "new", but I'd never pay for it. That's just me though.

I have waited for the price to drop on a few titles, but I find it is much harder to keep track of the released games this way. Plus I only buy new so the condition of the new games as well as finding them new is much harder to do. I Never buy used. I have a good relationship with a few stores that I buy my games from. I hand pick my games and make sure that everything is perfect with the games before I buy them. The store lets me open and check my games for pefect cases, discs and manuals. It is a lot of effort but worth it.
#102SheepinatorPosted 11/30/2012 11:57:11 AM
If TC waited for sales, he would never have a complete collection.

velodyne_76 posted...
Gamerscore is 178340.

At least you're getting good use from the collection then. What about Arcade games, you didn't say, do you buy all of those? I'm wondering if the collection is about having all the games, including therefore all the best games, or if it's only about having those you can put in a physical shelf and take a picture of?

I do think this collection is excessive, but to each their own. We all spend our disposable cash on things others would think is silly. The thing is, a video game collection like this is deflationary. If he ever tries to sell it piece by piece, most games will see a 90% decline and he'll only get back a fraction of what he spent. In 5-10 years time with new consoles out it's the equivalent of owning a DVD collection today, and who cares about that? And when you die, you can't take it with you. But, at least he's enjoying his gaming hobby and like I said, we probably all spend on things others have little or no interest in.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#103rofflchopperPosted 11/30/2012 12:04:33 PM
Wow... That's impressive...

I really like those cabinets too.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#104LooksLikeRainPosted 11/30/2012 12:05:59 PM
Do you have the burger king games?
---
I'd arrest you if I had handcuffs.
#105TGAkumaPosted 11/30/2012 4:49:23 PM
velodyne_76 posted...
devlkore posted...
devlkore posted...
He does play them though. Not every single one, but they do get played so won't stay in the shrink wrap forever except the ones that are so bad he never even wants to play them.

WTF is the point of buying those in the first place?

Why spend money on a game you KNOW is s***?

I agree, I asked in my first post. Interested in TC's response.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, I am just curious as to why people do certain things.

I buy them so I can have a complete collection. Also it was asked before I have both Record or Agarest Wars look closer they are there. I own ALL of the North American release retail games. I am not missing anything. While I dont have time to play all of the games, they have being put into the system at least once so they can get into my games played list. I play whatever I feel like playing at the time. Gamerscore is 178340.

Oh now I see them. I was looking for the big boxes of the collectors editions. Do you have them?
#106RonBurgundy929Posted 11/30/2012 5:22:52 PM
Very nice.
---
XBOX360 GT: http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/RonBurgundy929/fullnxe/card.png
#10730aught6Posted 11/30/2012 5:51:28 PM
So many bad games.

I can't understand what the purpose of a gaming collection is, especially when you don't intend to play most of them, unless your taste is worse than your judgement.
#108b1gt0nePosted 11/30/2012 6:07:38 PM
velodyne_76 posted...
That is exactly my curse in owning all of these games. I never know what to play and there are times I walk away playing nothing because I cant decide. lol

so frakin true!!
#109WhiteBaitKentPosted 11/30/2012 6:21:28 PM
velodyne_76 posted...
That is exactly my curse in owning all of these games. I never know what to play and there are times I walk away playing nothing because I cant decide. lol

I have the exact same problem with owning only 100 or so games. Must be hell for you!

And congrats, very nice collection :)
#110RyamusPosted 11/30/2012 6:44:40 PM
Props to you for having the CE of Mass Effect 1!