This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Complete North American Xbox 360 Retail Collection 2012 edition ** Pics inside**

#111TGAkumaPosted 11/30/2012 6:54:44 PM
30aught6 posted...
So many bad games.

I can't understand what the purpose of a gaming collection is, especially when you don't intend to play most of them, unless your taste is worse than your judgement.

Well I have a game collection but it has only games I want and not just 1 system. I have Snes, N64, Gamecube, GBC, GBA, DS, Genesis, Dreamcast, Ps1, Ps2, Ps3, Psp, Xbox, Xbox 360. I dont see the point in having every game for one system especially the crappy ones. Then again, people dont see why people like having a game collection so I think his collection is still pretty cool. Also some games in my collection actually end up being worth something. Suikoden II, Valkyrie Profile, Tales of Destiny I and II. Those games fetch around $100.
#112TheBlueStigPosted 11/30/2012 8:23:26 PM
velodyne_76 posted...
devlkore posted...
devlkore posted...
He does play them though. Not every single one, but they do get played so won't stay in the shrink wrap forever except the ones that are so bad he never even wants to play them.

WTF is the point of buying those in the first place?

Why spend money on a game you KNOW is s***?

I agree, I asked in my first post. Interested in TC's response.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, I am just curious as to why people do certain things.

I buy them so I can have a complete collection. Also it was asked before I have both Record or Agarest Wars look closer they are there. I own ALL of the North American release retail games. I am not missing anything. While I dont have time to play all of the games, they have being put into the system at least once so they can get into my games played list. I play whatever I feel like playing at the time. Gamerscore is 178340.

This. Is. Completely. Stupid.

By knowingly buying bad games, you're supporting bad developers, you're letting them know that they can get away with crap and you'll still pay for it.

When you do that as many times as you've done, you support the gradual fall of the gaming industry.
#113Vexu192Posted 11/30/2012 9:54:27 PM
That's cool TC, but dear god at all the crappy games you've bought. You've probably spent 1,000s on horrible games. What a waste of money.

Still, it's neat though.
#114SunDevil77Posted 11/30/2012 10:15:31 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
velodyne_76 posted...
devlkore posted...
devlkore posted...
He does play them though. Not every single one, but they do get played so won't stay in the shrink wrap forever except the ones that are so bad he never even wants to play them.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, I am just curious as to why people do certain things.

I buy them so I can have a complete collection. Also it was asked before I have both Record or Agarest Wars look closer they are there. I own ALL of the North American release retail games. I am not missing anything. While I dont have time to play all of the games, they have being put into the system at least once so they can get into my games played list. I play whatever I feel like playing at the time. Gamerscore is 178340.

By knowingly buying bad games, you're supporting bad developers, you're letting them know that they can get away with crap and you'll still pay for it.

When you do that as many times as you've done, you support the gradual fall of the gaming industry.

Classic Stig post.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#115pblimp360Posted 11/30/2012 10:54:01 PM
o_o

DAAAAAMMMMNNNNN...
---
#Halo 4
#116-NinjaWarrior-Posted 11/30/2012 11:04:01 PM
Yo TC. I'm trying to find those shelves. What are they called/Who makes them/Where to get?
#117velodyne_76(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:25:37 AM
-NinjaWarrior- posted...
Yo TC. I'm trying to find those shelves. What are they called/Who makes them/Where to get?

To all of those asking about the shelves.... here is the info

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/Furniture/Bookcases/PRD~0680699P/Sauder+Multi-Media+Storage+Cabinet.jsp?locale=en

Also to those that were asking about my XBLA collection - I own every XBLA game from the first 5 years of system release. I threw the towel in on collecting those because I missed a few late last year that are now delisted. I can never have a complete XBLA collection now so I dont bother as much. I do own 417 XBLA games though.
#118velodyne_76(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:43:18 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
velodyne_76 posted...
devlkore posted...
devlkore posted...

I have games in my collection that only very few people own. If you think that the few of us that buy these games are keeping the crappy games coming I think you are mistaken. Development costs of games today are in the several millions. You have to have sell at least a few million copies to make a profit. Most studios shut down because of this today. Next gen it is going to get even worse. The few of us that are buying these crappy games to maintain our complete collections really doesn't make that much of a difference. If you want a real arguement people should stop buying used games as the developers dont see any profit from this. That is hurting the industry far more.
#1192DshmuploverPosted 12/1/2012 9:00:24 AM(edited)
Very sad imo. The beauty of collecting is crafting it to your own tastes, it becomes a personal thing then and something to treasure. All this says is you have far more money than sense and the fact you posted this up to gain a response tells me you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

That said I'm not sure how much money you make, but if it was a genuine passion of yours and was hard to acquire all of the games I can at least appreciate the dedication if nothing else.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#120TheBlueStigPosted 12/1/2012 9:43:22 AM
velodyne_76 posted...
I have games in my collection that only very few people own. If you think that the few of us that buy these games are keeping the crappy games coming I think you are mistaken. Development costs of games today are in the several millions. You have to have sell at least a few million copies to make a profit. Most studios shut down because of this today. Next gen it is going to get even worse. The few of us that are buying these crappy games to maintain our complete collections really doesn't make that much of a difference. If you want a real arguement people should stop buying used games as the developers dont see any profit from this. That is hurting the industry far more.

First, by the time that the general population realizes that a game is crap, it's already sold a few million copies, it's too late, they've made their profit, and people like you contributed to more bad games from the same source.

Second, used games are actually keeping the industry going by giving the game stores the money needed to keep ordering new games. There's very little profit for retailers on new games, and there's no profit at all on new game systems, new systems are sold at cost or at a loss.

Remember something, every single used game was sold as NEW once already, that means the developers got their money for it, and that's all they deserve. They do NOT deserve a cut of any used sales, no other industry that sells things used gives the original creators a cut of their profits. Used cars, electronics, clothing, furniture, etc etc etc, none of those stores send a cut of their profits to the original creators of the things they sell, so why should game developers get a cut of used sales?