This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Complete North American Xbox 360 Retail Collection 2012 edition ** Pics inside**

#121SunDevil77Posted 12/1/2012 9:47:17 AM
Stig, you act as if it is a simple task moving a million games.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#122TheBlueStigPosted 12/1/2012 10:00:19 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Stig, you act as if it is a simple task moving a million games.

Advertise a game heavily, hype the s*** out of it on boards like this, create a ton of interest about the game so people pre-order it.

Combine the 6000+ GameStop stores with the number of other retailers that also sell videogames, including WalMart, Best Buy, Target, KMart, and every other retailer on the planet with an electronics section in the store.

They would only need to order a few copies per store to hit the profit mark, because once the retailers order the game, the developers get paid.
#123KOTRwhoopsPosted 12/1/2012 10:33:44 AM
It makes my 100 Xbox 360 game collection look pathetic. Jealous, if I had the money I would buy every release.
---
PLAYING - Far Cry 3 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#124CapnStankyPosted 12/1/2012 10:58:55 AM
If this was an episode of Twilight Zone, you'd be locked in a room with all those games and unlimited time to play them, and then your 360 would RROD.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#125SheepinatorPosted 12/1/2012 12:14:45 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
every single used game was sold as NEW once already, that means the developers got their money for it, and that's all they deserve. They do NOT deserve a cut of any used sales, no other industry that sells things used gives the original creators a cut of their profits. Used cars, electronics, clothing, furniture, etc etc etc, none of those stores send a cut of their profits to the original creators of the things they sell, so why should game developers get a cut of used sales?

Ah, the tired old weak used car analogy rears its head again. Used cars and other items tend to be well used by the time they are sold. They are cheaper than new because they have little or no warranty left, are more prone to break, etc. The used game problem is games that are weeks or months old and are functionally identical to new games. So it's really not the same thing. GameStop has about 25% profit margin on new games and 50% on used games. They're doing better than most developers, and most of the money in used games ends up in GameStop execs pockets, not in the industry creating games.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#126SheepinatorPosted 12/1/2012 12:15:15 PM
CapnStanky posted...
If this was an episode of Twilight Zone, you'd be locked in a room with all those games and unlimited time to play them, and then your 360 would RROD.

Hilarious!
---
#127magxPosted 12/1/2012 12:23:34 PM
Sheepinator posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
every single used game was sold as NEW once already, that means the developers got their money for it, and that's all they deserve. They do NOT deserve a cut of any used sales, no other industry that sells things used gives the original creators a cut of their profits. Used cars, electronics, clothing, furniture, etc etc etc, none of those stores send a cut of their profits to the original creators of the things they sell, so why should game developers get a cut of used sales?

Ah, the tired old weak used car analogy rears its head again. Used cars and other items tend to be well used by the time they are sold. They are cheaper than new because they have little or no warranty left, are more prone to break, etc. The used game problem is games that are weeks or months old and are functionally identical to new games. So it's really not the same thing. GameStop has about 25% profit margin on new games and 50% on used games. They're doing better than most developers, and most of the money in used games ends up in GameStop execs pockets, not in the industry creating games.

And DVD's?

CD's?
---
http://www.marioslastname.com/ http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!
#128SheepinatorPosted 12/1/2012 12:30:41 PM
magx posted...
Sheepinator posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

And DVD's?

CD's?

Movies can easily make their costs back and huge profits from the cinema run, before a single DVD is pressed. And who buys a DVD to trade it in the next week or month anyway? Movies also have other revenue streams such as PPV sales to cable and satellite providers, airlines, hotels, etc.
---
#129majinbuu58Posted 12/1/2012 12:58:10 PM
Sheepinator posted...

Movies can easily make their costs back and huge profits from the cinema run, before a single DVD is pressed. And who buys a DVD to trade it in the next week or month anyway? Movies also have other revenue streams such as PPV sales to cable and satellite providers, airlines, hotels, etc.

Ever been to movie trading company? lol
---
"Bruce Wayne is the sort of guy who eats his broccoli, and eats it raw." -CatAtomic999
#130SheepinatorPosted 12/1/2012 1:13:36 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Ever been to movie trading company? lol

No rebuttal to my statement about box office, and that company has a whopping 40 stores in 5 States, LOL.
---