This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Complete North American Xbox 360 Retail Collection 2012 edition ** Pics inside**

#31SunDevil77Posted 11/29/2012 1:09:50 PM
KtuluheroII posted...
oasisbeyond posted...
Well, I think you need help and something is missing in your life. It's pointless having crappy games and so much that you'll never want to play any of them. It's an obsession just like hoarding. Might seem cool, but it's not good. But, it's your life and you can do what you want. Do you want to be buried in them when you die? What if you get robbed? Will you kill yourself? just wondering. You wasted over 80 000 on games... and probably more. :)
I own 400+... And I know it was an addiction not worth continuing. When you buy games more then you actually play... And most not even open... You know you need help.
I only buy cheap though 20$. So even a poor soul can afford that in a span of 10+ years.
Good Luck to you my Canadian gamer :) Hopefully I'm wrong.

* Waits to get bashed *

Oasis, just stop.
Some people are collectors. Me and my brother own over a thousand movies, are some terrible? Yes. Have I seen all of my movies? No.

Doesn't change the fact that it's borderline hoarding.

If it's neatly organized, like it is, it's not hoarding.
If it takes over his life, and he obsesses over it, doing things like keeping the plastic wrap or odd things of that nature it would be hoarding.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#32Luthor_Posted 11/29/2012 1:12:50 PM
Its not even close to borderline hoarding. He's doing something he enjoys, and he can obviously afford it, so what's the problem? They are neatly organized and don't take much space.
---
Dante Stormblade
#33TheBlueStigPosted 11/29/2012 1:13:51 PM
What a monumental waste of money.
#34squarex8264Posted 11/29/2012 1:15:43 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
oasisbeyond posted...
Well, I think you need help and something is missing in your life. It's pointless having crappy games and so much that you'll never want to play any of them. It's an obsession just like hoarding. Might seem cool, but it's not good. But, it's your life and you can do what you want. Do you want to be buried in them when you die? What if you get robbed? Will you kill yourself? just wondering. You wasted over 80 000 on games... and probably more. :)
I own 400+... And I know it was an addiction not worth continuing. When you buy games more then you actually play... And most not even open... You know you need help.
I only buy cheap though 20$. So even a poor soul can afford that in a span of 10+ years.
Good Luck to you my Canadian gamer :) Hopefully I'm wrong.

* Waits to get bashed *

Oasis, just stop.
Some people are collectors. Me and my brother own over a thousand movies, are some terrible? Yes. Have I seen all of my movies? No.

I think oasis wasn't trollish in his statements, and he even included that he had been through a large collection himself.

He brings up a good point-- one that rings true for me anyways. In the past few years, I have amassed a huge number of 360 retail/arcade games. Some cheap, some on release, and I have come to the conclusion that I will never be able to beat all of these games before another system comes out. Will I even be able to play all these games before another system comes out, in say two years?

My retail collection is not massive in comparison... somewhere around 180 games. But games take time to beat, replay, enjoy... and you reach a point where you wonder "why am I still buying more games when I have such a backlog"?

So the question here is the same. Not just with collecting games, but large collections in general. Why are some people so drawn to collecting and amassing certain items even if they intend to never use them. Some people collect movies, some games, some comic books, some classic cars... but it seems easy for it to escalate to a point where you wonder whether you're doing it for fun or compulsion.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
#35SIC101Posted 11/29/2012 1:19:52 PM
Bring them to gamestop just to make the clerk **** a brick
---
http://homepage.mac.com/david.rodriguez/ram.jpg
#36TheBlueStigPosted 11/29/2012 1:22:25 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Oasis, just stop.

There's a time and place for bad movies, they're sometimes fun to watch to see how truly bad they are. Cheesy Movie Night is a thing to be shared with friends, some good munchies, and some good drinks.

There's no place for bad games, and when you buy bad games, you support bad development practices which only makes the entire industry worse and worse over time, because it sends the message to developers that they can get away with less and less quality while still charging the same amount of money.
#37EM_MegaPosted 11/29/2012 1:23:57 PM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...

Sounds like you're salty that you'll never be able to afford that many games, even within your lifetime.

Very nice collection sir, I envy that you have both the means and desire to amass such a spectacle.
#38viridislamentPosted 11/29/2012 1:31:26 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Oh, there it is...refer to post #11
#39_OujiDoza_Posted 11/29/2012 1:31:55 PM
This is a very nice spread, TC great job.

I'd like to be able to collect every game myself, we'll see.

Speaking of huge collections, what ever happened to Gabrius? Haven't seen him recently...
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1
#40TravarkothPosted 11/29/2012 1:32:01 PM
Wow... Very nice collection, good sir!

Haha! Very cool, though! Definitely has to be tough to choose a game to play.
---
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-- Paarthurnax --