This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Complete North American Xbox 360 Retail Collection 2012 edition ** Pics inside**

#51Frost_LASERPosted 11/29/2012 2:18:56 PM
velodyne_76 posted...
Frost_LASER posted...
I might be missing it but do you have Tales of Vesperia in there somewhere?

I have the limited edition. It is there just look closer.

Gaming is my hobby. I am also very proud of my collection. It has taken a lot of blood, sweat and tears to keep this up for the last 7 years. I love the challenge of collecting games and maintaining a complete collection. Every single game in the collection is perfect ( not a single mark or scratch on any of the discs). If there is a choice between regular versions or collector editions, I always buy the collectors editions. Not all of the limited editions fit on the shelves so I have had to buy a few regular editions of games to fit on the shelves. I am married and have a very loving wife and 2 adorable daughters. I have been into gaming since I was a young kid. I am 36 years old now. I have always wanted to have a complete collection for one system. You take the good games with the bad. Maintaining this isnt easy to do and it costs a lot of money but this is what I like to do. Thanks for listening.

Kudos to you sir nice collection!
#52Trent_ColePosted 11/29/2012 2:22:33 PM
With something "useless" beyond collecting like baseball cards it's one thing

Watch it, buddy...don't tear down poeples hobbies just for ****'s and grins.
---
The 2012-13 Philadelphia Eagles|http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1797579/LeaglesL.gif
Currently 3-8
#53toolittletimePosted 11/29/2012 2:30:56 PM
Most collectors do not collect for "future" value and they still own their collections when they die.
A friend of mine has a comic collection worth over 250k but he will never sell it, so value is moot.
Same with card collectors I know, they do it for the joy of collecting.
Nice work TC.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#54JKSonicPosted 11/29/2012 2:32:45 PM
Trent_Cole posted...

Lol, my point was that some things are MADE to collect...games are not one of them.

I just can't imagine in any way I'd every do that even if I had the money. I'd buy multiple copies of games I already owned and donate them before I'd just buy games to own them and let them sit and collect dust.

I'm sorry I'm really not trying to make it a personal attack to you TC it's just I'm not that type of person so hard for me to fathom doing it. It's like the people who collect kids toys and causing their prices to skyrocket so the kids they were meant for can't get them (went through this with the Cars cast iron cars).
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#55toolittletimePosted 11/29/2012 2:37:38 PM
People who are not collectors never quite get it, it's like explaining nicotine addiction to someone who has never smoked or been addicted to anything.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#56Infinite_OceanPosted 11/29/2012 2:39:53 PM
Im "sort of" a collector.. I've been buying all my childhood games..this past year, I bought a sega genesis and bought Lion King, Aladdin, Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Power Rangers, Sonic 3D Blast, X-Men, TMNT: Hyperstone Heist. I also bought a Nintendo 64 with some games...I've been looking for a cheap expansion pack for my Donkey Kong 64 game. I wanna think that it's the nostalgia factor with the reason why I've been buying all these games.
#57JenniferTatePosted 11/29/2012 2:41:59 PM(edited)
That's cool, man. I knew a kid back during the SNES days who's dad had a den like that for all the current consoles.

Party on.

I collect original commissioned art from comic book artists I admire. It motivates me to keep doing my own comic work. I have enough to open a small gallery, and one of my pieces was chosen by a total stranger on Tumblr for his next tattoo.
---
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders
#58DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/29/2012 2:41:29 PM
toolittletime posted...
Most collectors do not collect for "future" value and they still own their collections when they die.
A friend of mine has a comic collection worth over 250k but he will never sell it, so value is moot.
Same with card collectors I know, they do it for the joy of collecting.
Nice work TC.

if you collect comics or cards these days it's probably because you love it. I have thousands of comics from the mid-80s through today, I would be hard-pressed to find any single issues that were worth anything.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#59im_a_legendPosted 11/29/2012 2:52:31 PM
Now play every single one of them until you get every achievement and time it.
---
What Im about to do is as dangerous as inviting your mum round for an evening on chatroulette
#60TGAkumaPosted 11/29/2012 2:55:06 PM(edited)
JKSonic posted...
Trent_Cole posted...

Lol, my point was that some things are MADE to collect...games are not one of them.

I just can't imagine in any way I'd every do that even if I had the money. I'd buy multiple copies of games I already owned and donate them before I'd just buy games to own them and let them sit and collect dust.

I'm sorry I'm really not trying to make it a personal attack to you TC it's just I'm not that type of person so hard for me to fathom doing it. It's like the people who collect kids toys and causing their prices to skyrocket so the kids they were meant for can't get them (went through this with the Cars cast iron cars).

Youre an idiot. Just cause you think people cant collect games or cant understand doesnt mean people shouldnt collect them. Your argument sucks too. There are plenty of toys for kids and most of them wouldnt give a **** about getting a collectors toy. Get them some legos and they will be happy.

To be honest, that collection is cool but not for me. Im pretty sure you have every game I own but also ALOT of crap games in there as well. I collect games too but only games I like and will play on multiple systems.