This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Complete North American Xbox 360 Retail Collection 2012 edition ** Pics inside**

#61JKSonicPosted 11/29/2012 2:55:37 PM
Infinite_Ocean posted...
Im "sort of" a collector.. I've been buying all my childhood games..this past year, I bought a sega genesis and bought Lion King, Aladdin, Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Power Rangers, Sonic 3D Blast, X-Men, TMNT: Hyperstone Heist. I also bought a Nintendo 64 with some games...I've been looking for a cheap expansion pack for my Donkey Kong 64 game. I wanna think that it's the nostalgia factor with the reason why I've been buying all these games.

And THAT is something I understand. I guess I should have been more specific. I can see the appeal in finding and collecting old games, just not current ones.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#62SunDevil77Posted 11/29/2012 2:57:33 PM
JKSonic posted...
Infinite_Ocean posted...
Im "sort of" a collector.. I've been buying all my childhood games..this past year, I bought a sega genesis and bought Lion King, Aladdin, Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Power Rangers, Sonic 3D Blast, X-Men, TMNT: Hyperstone Heist. I also bought a Nintendo 64 with some games...I've been looking for a cheap expansion pack for my Donkey Kong 64 game. I wanna think that it's the nostalgia factor with the reason why I've been buying all these games.

And THAT is something I understand. I guess I should have been more specific. I can see the appeal in finding and collecting old games, just not current ones.

Like someone else said, someone who isn't a collector won't understand it. It's kind of an addiction, not a bad one (necessarily), but an addiction nonetheless.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#63JKSonicPosted 11/29/2012 2:59:59 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
JKSonic posted...
Infinite_Ocean posted...

Like someone else said, someone who isn't a collector won't understand it. It's kind of an addiction, not a bad one (necessarily), but an addiction nonetheless.

Haha no I do understand it I collect things and have obessions. I just couldn't do it with current-gen games knowing they're just sitting there when other people could use them.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#64Trent_ColePosted 11/29/2012 3:01:49 PM
Lol, my point was that some things are MADE to collect...games are not one of them.

I just can't imagine in any way I'd every do that even if I had the money. I'd buy multiple copies of games I already owned and donate them before I'd just buy games to own them and let them sit and collect dust.

I'm sorry I'm really not trying to make it a personal attack to you TC it's just I'm not that type of person so hard for me to fathom doing it. It's like the people who collect kids toys and causing their prices to skyrocket so the kids they were meant for can't get them (went through this with the Cars cast iron cars).

I've actually gone back and started buying up older titles that have dropped in price myself - to play though, not so much collect. Only difference is that I probably won't sell any of them once I'm done unless I absolutely have to.

Only reason I quoted you earlier though is because I did collect sports cards for quite a long time - and actually have them still to this day...I'm on the fence though with whether or not I want to sell them though, but I'm certain they would probably fetch me an insane price if I decided to.

All that said I think the whole experience is fun and going through the process give you something somewhat productive to do with your spare time, so why not? I would love to say I did what TC did, but i don't posess the time or resources he has (cause to be able to pull that off you have to be financially stable, seems he is) so I for one can admire such an accomplishment.
---
The 2012-13 Philadelphia Eagles|http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1797579/LeaglesL.gif
Currently 3-8
#65KryingKetchupPosted 11/29/2012 3:03:09 PM
Holy heck, where do you live??

Haha jk, I have a question though. Where do you buy your games!

They must love ya
#66TheBlueStigPosted 11/29/2012 3:10:10 PM
EM_Mega posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
What a monumental waste of money.

Sounds like you're salty that you'll never be able to afford that many games, even within your lifetime.

Very nice collection sir, I envy that you have both the means and desire to amass such a spectacle.

When most of the games coming out these days are crap, there's no logical reason to collect them. I wouldn't want EVERY game that came out, even if someone else paid for it.

This is the reason that the videogame industry is going down the tubes, people mindlessly buy crap games and the developers get that clue VERY QUICKLY, which means the next game they make will have that much less effort put into it.
#67faris_ruhiPosted 11/29/2012 3:11:09 PM
Man, this topic probably has the highest concentration of users that have their names starting with "v" that I've seen. Made things a little confusing.

Anyways, great collection TC.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#68JenniferTatePosted 11/29/2012 5:49:52 PM
I'm curious: how does your insurance handle the collection's value?
---
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders
#69GrandMast3rPosted 11/29/2012 6:24:00 PM
That's incredible! I would never be able to do that. My collection as of now is a total of 100 games (including downloaded xbla). I still plan on re-playing all of them hopefully one day.
#70PantherRiderPosted 11/29/2012 6:48:09 PM
damn man, i think thats motivation for me to actually do really well in school!
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**