This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do Halo 3 map packs still cost money??

#1CashewPosted 11/29/2012 12:02:13 PM
The hell? Dont they make this stuff free after so long?
---
My give a damn is busted.
#2BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 11/29/2012 12:04:57 PM
This isn't Like Halo 2. since the decade of Next Gen gaming you will be lucky if you ever found maps free anymore.
---
"The deadliest weapon in this game isn't a gun, or an explosive device, or any kind of hi-tech gadget.
It's a steady 4-bar connection".
#3zyxomma100Posted 11/29/2012 12:07:11 PM
They used to. Sadly it's one of the trends that have disappeared this gen. DLC doesn't follow the normal chain of supply and demand, and for the most part digital console content has remained at exorbitant prices even after the value has diminished (Halo 3 population decline), and the demand has dropped to almost 0.

Luckily at least with the Halo 3 content you can simply pick up the ODST multiplayer disc. It's much cheaper, and it's more convenient since you free up the HDD space.
#4IceteaCrisisPosted 11/29/2012 12:07:40 PM
You should be thankfull they did not raise the price on the maps when Halo 4 came out like how GameStop raised the price on the game disc
#5Cashew(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 12:12:25 PM
zyxomma100 posted...
They used to. Sadly it's one of the trends that have disappeared this gen. DLC doesn't follow the normal chain of supply and demand, and for the most part digital console content has remained at exorbitant prices even after the value has diminished (Halo 3 population decline), and the demand has dropped to almost 0.

Luckily at least with the Halo 3 content you can simply pick up the ODST multiplayer disc. It's much cheaper, and it's more convenient since you free up the HDD space.

thanks for the tip. I had completely forgot about that game but ill pick it up cheap online.
---
My give a damn is busted.