This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Top Ten Games of the Year?

#11beastwarkingPosted 11/29/2012 5:05:55 PM
I don't think I've played 10 games released this year. But if I've had to list, just off the top of my head that were pretty darn good:

Xenoblade Chronicles - It came out here in NA in 2012, it counts
Mass Effect 3 - Other than the uninspired ending, 98% of this game was amazing
Pokemon Black 2 - Surprisingly deep, a rock solid Pokemon game.
Assassin's Creed 3 - I haven't beat it yet, but I've played through more than half the game. THe fact that I can just walk around hunting animals for an hour or 2 is a pretty good indicator of how fun the game can be. That, and the naval battles kick ass.
Kingdom Hearts 3DS - The plot has become so convoluted and bat **** crazy, I don't know how I'm going to get excited for KH3. With that said, the gameplay is still satisfying and the level design was top notch. Ok, I am very excited for KH3

For Christmas I will be getting Halo 4, and maybe Dishonored so there is that, but this year from a retail gaming standpoint, was kind of a let down for me. Still, next year looks like it will be pretty awesome with Gears of War, Beyond 2 Souls, Bayonetta 2, the Last of Us, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and maybe a good game on the Vita (lol:sad face)
---
ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong
#12beastwarkingPosted 11/29/2012 5:07:08 PM
Arucard05 posted...
Right now it feels a lot like Persona 4 Golden x 10.

I really want it. I wonder if that and Gravity Rush can justify the Vita for my wallet...

Gravity Rush is ok - the gameplay is very shallow which kind of hinders the experience. With that said, the game looks stunning and the gravity mechanics are well executed. If you can get it at a discount, pick it up
---
ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong
#13Arucard05Posted 11/29/2012 5:07:53 PM
I really want it. I wonder if that and Gravity Rush can justify the Vita for my wallet...

I can't answer that for you but I can tell you that Gravity Rush is an incredible game.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#14AstronomerJakePosted 11/29/2012 5:12:06 PM
i cannot believe diablo 3 is getting no mention whatsoever.
#15foodeater4Posted 11/29/2012 5:19:45 PM
In no particular order

Halo 4
Blops 2
Guld Wars 2
Resident Evil Operation Racoon City
Borderlands 2
MAss Effect 3
Diablo 3