This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rumor: LOTS of news on Microsoft's plans for new Xbox,and also the other parties

#1MosquitoSmasherPosted 11/29/2012 6:36:10 PM
It's all a rumour of course, but if any of this is true, wow. Can't say i'm exactly amazed by the upcoming games for the new Xbox, but then again...it's still a rumour. If anything is true, at least let the new Legacy of Kain on the Unreal 4 engine thing be real.

Lots of information on MS's plans for pre-E3 and the launch of the new system. If true, the new Xbox will be the most powerful of the three (Wii U, PS4/Omni, Xbox 720/Durango) lots of info on the plans from the third parties and so on. Very interesting read:

http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/rumor-behind-the-scenes-with-first-party-hardware-and-third-party-softwear-next-gen/
#2ntsoulsPosted 11/29/2012 6:42:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3knightimexPosted 11/29/2012 6:43:10 PM
good stuff

thanks!
---
Soldier of the Nintendo Defense Force (N.D.F)
Wii U Division.
#4triple sPosted 11/29/2012 6:47:16 PM
ntsouls posted...
It'll be fun to see where the next gen takes us.
Do you remember seeing King Kong for the first time? That was an amazing game. I swear it looked amazing to me at that time. Perfect Dark as well.
People say PC games are the most powerful. But the most money goes behind console graphics by far. Because more people will buy them...I think . Is that correct?

I'm sure Nintendo will "win" . But fk it. You know? Xbox and Ps3 are both either third or second depending on the section of the world. But they're both awesome. Wii was too.

What the hell are you talking about? PC games are the most powerful, there is no question. I can't wait for the next 360, but graphically it will not be on par with high end PCs.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#5knightimexPosted 11/29/2012 6:50:22 PM
Next gen consoles will give console players a taste of what PC gamers experienced years ago.
---
Soldier of the Nintendo Defense Force (N.D.F)
Wii U Division.
#6ntsoulsPosted 11/29/2012 6:50:44 PM
Right. But where do you see budget in PC games going to delivering graphics that only high end PCs can give? I mean like Crysis-esque. And remember Crysis came out in 2007.
#7ntsoulsPosted 11/29/2012 6:52:42 PM
Look at the rec'd or min specs for any PC game. They are not nearly as much as a 2000$ PC can deliver. And so there you see the root of the issue. Yeah you get high res textures and better framerate. But those games are not BUILT for something that powerful.
#8TheBlueStigPosted 11/29/2012 6:57:25 PM
WTF is Sony thinking?????

Head mounted displays where you have to turn your head to see the whole image, and human pulse rate sensors in the grips of the controllers? And the price range is too high again, $499 for the system, head unit, and a game. And they can take "The Cloud" and shove it sideways. The non-gullible people actually want a hardcopy product in their hands when they buy a game, they don't want to rent access to a file on a server hundreds of miles away from them.

And MicroSoft's "invasion of privacy" strategy is really gonna backfire. ""All units will come with Kinect 2 built in which can track up to four people, all objects in the living room, clothing, face structure and fingers.""

If that turns out to be true, that's an instant no-buy for me.
#9VandorLeePosted 11/29/2012 7:09:55 PM
As unimpressed as i was with the wiiu, it sounds better than the other two.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#10ZosKiaCultusPosted 11/29/2012 7:27:23 PM
Why was ntsouls post deleted?
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided