This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never played AC1...

#11BB52700Posted 11/29/2012 8:43:37 PM
yankee6903 posted...
You dont even have to play 1 for Revelations. As mentioned the story is still "perplexing". I would read up on the plot from the first one on wiki and thats it.

this
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#12joestinPosted 11/29/2012 8:53:17 PM
I'm probably the only person on the planet who would choose AC1 over AC2.

I acknowledge that AC2 was technically a better game, but the atmosphere and dramatic weight of the target assassinations in the first was far better.
---
I need more love
#13MasterFoxCheif3Posted 11/29/2012 8:58:48 PM
I played AC1 for like a good three hours then I got bored and then I ended up buying AC2.....and got halfway through and never finished it. I don't know, AC really isn't my cup of tea. Below these are basically my "made up" percentages of how much I really went through the story.

AC 1: 20%
AC 2: 60%
AC B: 30%
AC R: 10%
AC 3: 0%
#14smashthesmurfsPosted 11/29/2012 9:37:36 PM
MasterFoxCheif3 posted...
I played AC1 for like a good three hours then I got bored and then I ended up buying AC2.....and got halfway through and never finished it. I don't know, AC really isn't my cup of tea. Below these are basically my "made up" percentages of how much I really went through the story.

AC 1: 20%
AC 2: 60%
AC B: 30%
AC R: 10%
AC 3: 0%

It impresses me that you still buy all the games with no intention to beat them. Especially buying AC3 without playing it at all? Nice......
---
GT: papa cashwads
#15nativeboi85Posted 11/29/2012 9:39:46 PM
I say dont play AC1 its a good game, interesting plot but its so repetitive it will turn you off from the series, its best to start with 2 and just look up AC1 story online or a wiki. There are no carry overs.
#16oasisbeyondPosted 11/29/2012 9:42:48 PM
Who said he bought them? Also At least he played AC2 the most cuz it's clearly the best one.
for me...

AC1 95% "Almost all achievements" Just flags and Templars missing... I hated and liked the game at the sametime.

AC2 100%, my first 100% since Cod 2 on Veteran.

AC B Bought but didn't touc, actually beta tested this in Mtl, told them to remove the nudity lol, not sure if it's still there or it was a joke. His winner looked like a stick lol... Good times at Ubi Montreal.

ACR no buy

AC3 no buy.

Collection coming up will get it for all the games but 20$ max :)
#17MasterFoxCheif3Posted 11/29/2012 9:46:24 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
Who said he bought them? Also At least he played AC2 the most cuz it's clearly the best one.
for me...

AC1 95% "Almost all achievements" Just flags and Templars missing... I hated and liked the game at the sametime.

AC2 100%, my first 100% since Cod 2 on Veteran.

AC B Bought but didn't touc, actually beta tested this in Mtl, told them to remove the nudity lol, not sure if it's still there or it was a joke. His winner looked like a stick lol... Good times at Ubi Montreal.

ACR no buy

AC3 no buy.

Collection coming up will get it for all the games but 20$ max :)

I borrowed 1 from a friend. I purchased II, Brotherhood, and Revelations. I haven't played III yet.....(probably should've said that earlier...whoops)....>_>....
#18ikancuPosted 11/29/2012 11:10:40 PM
joestin posted...
I'm probably the only person on the planet who would choose AC1 over AC2.

You are not alone. I liked AC1 much more than AC2 and Revelations (didn't play brotherhood). I like Altair a hell of a lot more than Ezio. I was really looking forward to playing as Altair again in Revelations. Then hearing a different voice actor voicing Altair was like a kick in the family jewels. Turned me off of the series.
---
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us - Emerson
#19plus1zeroPosted 11/29/2012 11:25:28 PM
Eh, AC1 is pretty repetitive and boring. It was often referred to as a tech demo and set up the plot and groundwork for the rest of the series.

AC2 is considered where the series got it right, I couldn't stop playing AC2. AC:B was pretty fun too, and the multiplayer was awesome. AC:R was more of the same, I couldn't get into it after 2 Ezio games. AC3 is good, but man, does it take FOREVER to get started. I just got the assassin's suit and it took me 5 and a half hours...
#20bigphil2003Posted 11/30/2012 12:50:09 AM
yankee6903 posted...
You dont even have to play 1 for Revelations. As mentioned the story is still "perplexing". I would read up on the plot from the first one on wiki and thats it.

You don't *need* to but I think you'll enjoy it a lot more if you've played through Altair's story
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie