This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games did you love but think it failed cuz of the character design?

#1oasisbeyondPosted 11/29/2012 7:17:22 PM
For me it's a game like Metal Arms. This game had a zillion levels with variety, awesome tpf action with platforming. Explosions everywhere. But in the end I think it just didn't sell cuz the main character was a fat small little yellow deformed robot. If they made him cooler looking I think we would have seen a sequel down the line.

PS: play this game with the original s controller on the Xbox, that Machine Gun level 3 rumbles like nothing you've ever seen before.

What games do you think failed thanks to Character design but you did enjoy a lot?

Other games...

Beyond Good And Evil "Jade was awesome"
Sphynx and the Cursed Mummy
Freedom Fighters
Blue Stinger
#2SlimeSwayzePosted 11/29/2012 7:18:31 PM
95% of the JRPGs and military shooters I've ever played.

Tales games in particular come to mind.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#3oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 7:20:11 PM
JRPG'S FOR SURE.. But name some. Dark Cloud for me, jsut didn't dig the other characters not the main, and Rogue Galaxy.
#4SunDevil77Posted 11/29/2012 7:21:46 PM
Silent Hill: Downpour comes to mind.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#5joestinPosted 11/29/2012 7:48:58 PM
Dadgum was Freedom Fighters awesome.
---
I need more love
#6oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:02:40 PM
Dadgum? lol. Don't know what game you talking about. But if it is Freedom Fighters... Then you get interwebs points cuz most would never remember the characters names. Main character was alright, but it didn't appeal to most and the brother was lame. Plumers? lol. Awesome game and soundtrack though. "Jesper Kyd" Good times.
#7Illumi_KnightPosted 11/29/2012 8:46:48 PM
joestin posted...
Dadgum was Freedom Fighters awesome.
#8KevoCSCSPosted 11/29/2012 8:50:03 PM
The main character was Christoper Stone I think from Freedom Fighters. He was a great character because we got to see him evolve from an average Joe American to a hardcore Guerilla rebel as his country was crumbling before him.

It wouldn't have been nearly as interesting if he was just some soldier.
#9oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:55:00 PM
^ He was indeed... But no one really remembers him now do they?
Fact is, FF was in my top 5 tps last gen, maybe top 2... And I would have never known his name :(
#10StrataElitePosted 11/29/2012 9:02:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]