This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games did you love but think it failed cuz of the character design?

#21devlkorePosted 11/30/2012 5:48:57 AM
Arcana Heart 3

I actually like most of the characters designs, but I know a lot of people didn't play it, even if they are "hardcore" about fighting games because "omlulz paedoboo loliconz henteye gaemz r not 4 mee amirite brobrobrofist no homo!!!1!" despite the fact it has a very diverse and balanced cast with more unique play options than any other non-tag fighter (23 characters x 23 Arcana choices) and a whole host of mechanics/features that generally make fighting games fun (chains, supers, powered up modes, mobility, manual cancels, bursts, easy mode, good online code).
---
Gamertag: Mad Mistress
[AH3:Weiss(kinda, I'm still new)] [BBCS:Robo-Friends] [MVC3:Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel] [WFC:Scout/Scientist] [SF4:LOL]
#22TwinmoldPosted 11/30/2012 6:50:46 AM
Lost Oddyssey and JRPGs in general. Jansen was hilarious for the first half of Lost Oddyssey before they decided to wussify him.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#23Dragon NexusPosted 11/30/2012 8:53:53 AM
Force Unleashed was pretty fun, but I didn't like the generic design of the protagonist (can't even remember his name). Especially bothersome because in the old Jedi Knight games Kyle Katarn was pretty cool, and even the Imperial sidekick/love interest Juno Eclipse had a decent personality and design.

Sorry..."Juno Eclipse" you remember...but freakin Starkiller you don't?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#24stapler87Posted 11/30/2012 9:24:06 AM
The Force Unleashed.

Had fun with both of them, but Starkiller just doesn't do it for me. Underdeveloped and just not very interesting.
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin
#25JenniferTatePosted 11/30/2012 10:08:15 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Force Unleashed was pretty fun, but I didn't like the generic design of the protagonist (can't even remember his name). Especially bothersome because in the old Jedi Knight games Kyle Katarn was pretty cool, and even the Imperial sidekick/love interest Juno Eclipse had a decent personality and design.

Now that you point it out... Haha. Apparently so! I couldn't think of it at all and didnt want to cheat with a Search. Emphasizes how forgettable he was to me. That'd make sense, it was Skywalker's original name in the first drafts, right?
---
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders
#26Dragon NexusPosted 11/30/2012 1:02:22 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...

Now that you point it out... Haha. Apparently so! I couldn't think of it at all and didnt want to cheat with a Search. Emphasizes how forgettable he was to me. That'd make sense, it was Skywalker's original name in the first drafts, right?

Yes, that's right.

See, I kinda liked Starkiller in the first game. The first game had an interesting story with an arc for the main character (bland generic bald space marine design notwithstanding).

It was the second game that blanded everything up.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#27viridislamentPosted 11/30/2012 2:42:59 PM
Pong.
Would have sold more if one line was green and the other yellow

Uniracers
Slightly bigger wheels and smaller seats

Rock Band 3
My avatars eyes were slightly too close together
#28aDominationPosted 11/30/2012 2:44:41 PM
FF's they spend to much time on graphics and alot less on character design now
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.
#29Dragon NexusPosted 11/30/2012 3:14:18 PM
FF's they spend to much time on graphics and alot less on character design now

I hope you mean personalities, because the characters are so overdesigned its ridiculous.
---
#30TheFeralWarriorPosted 11/30/2012 3:55:02 PM
Definitely going with Lost Odyssey. The characters, especially Gongora, were hideous. I couldn't buy into a villain that looks like that.
---
Gt: TheFeralWarrior
The Miz for president