This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games did you love but think it failed cuz of the character design?

#31JukainPosted 11/30/2012 3:05:58 PM
Halo and Gears. Can't stand the Chief or Marcus. Seriously.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#32Dragon NexusPosted 11/30/2012 3:14:49 PM
Marcus is great in the novels.
But yeah, he's pretty insufferable in the games.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#33MertensCWPosted 11/30/2012 3:22:55 PM
Twinmold posted...
Lost Oddyssey and JRPGs in general. Jansen was hilarious for the first half of Lost Oddyssey before they decided to wussify him.

Don't think it fits the TC's original point, but i agree with your statement.
Never loved Xenosaga, however its a game i was put off by the character designs.

Beyond Good & Evil - don't like talking animals.
FFIX - Don't like deformed character with furry mix. I can accept deformed due to console limitations or lack of expertise and another to be designed that way.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#34dannyaqPosted 11/30/2012 3:27:23 PM
sphinx and the cursed mummy failed causeof lack of voice acting. i liked that game but it was so incredibly painfully obvious something was missing reading all that text with the lips just flapping up and down like a fish. it was like a cake with no icing. I mean sure the cake tastes almost as good but the whole time you are thinking, wtf is this birthday cake doing with no icing?
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#35Dragon NexusPosted 11/30/2012 7:27:19 PM

Were you one of those kids that watched cowboy movies and older black and white films instead of wholesome disney epics?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#36deimos91Posted 11/30/2012 7:32:06 PM
Jukain posted...
Halo and Gears. Can't stand the Chief or Marcus. Seriously.

chief is meh but noble 6 i actually liked i like the locusts n gears
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#37deimos91Posted 11/30/2012 7:33:21 PM
MertensCW posted...
Twinmold posted...
Lost Oddyssey and JRPGs in general. Jansen was hilarious for the first half of Lost Oddyssey before they decided to wussify him.

Don't think it fits the TC's original point, but i agree with your statement.
Never loved Xenosaga, however its a game i was put off by the character designs.

FFIX - Don't like deformed character with furry mix. I can accept deformed due to console limitations or lack of expertise and another to be designed that way.

Wut 9 was a harken back to the 2d era so it was supposed to be like that
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#38oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:36:25 PM
sphinx and the cursed mummy failed causeof lack of voice acting. i liked that game but it was so incredibly painfully obvious something was missing reading all that text with the lips just flapping up and down like a fish. it was like a cake with no icing. I mean sure the cake tastes almost as good but the whole time you are thinking, wtf is this birthday cake doing with no icing? lol, yeah I remember playing and saying... They ran out of money for voices or time?

But the main character just wadn't cool I think. Turn him into Prince Of Persia or something and it would succeed a little more. I miss games like this though.