This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you prefer Xbox 360?

#21shinobisBACKPosted 11/30/2012 3:54:19 AM
i dont have a pc, and my studio is all mac. the studio is for music, the living room is for games. i like having a separation. plus it was never much fun playing computer games with a buddy sharing the keyboard back in the day, so consoles with controllers were always best. even with mutiple controller options for pcs now i still think playing a console on the couch with friends is best.
#22HeyZeussPosted 11/30/2012 4:01:48 AM(edited)
Newave posted...
Over a computer? Just about all reasons imaginable. Infinitely better graphics due to the far mode optimized hardware+software of console games, a lot better sound quality+stereo rather than a tiny mono speaker, even though it's not as good screen resolution and doesn't have progressive scan like my computer monitor has the screen size is at least a lot bigger, a lot better controls than mouse and keyboard my computer has, the amount of good games far outnumber even remotely playable games on computer even if I count games that my computer can't play due to the hardware and software limitations and 360 games are a LOT cheaper because they have a second-hand market, also of course playing games on consoles leaves my computer free to be used like it should, as a tool and not a game machine, so I can go online, make art (photoshop, 3ds max etc.), listen to music, watch youtube or DVD movies, chat, visit forums etc. which would be impossible or at the very least an extremely annoying hassle if I was using it to play games.

If I had found a PS3 cheap before I found my 360 I would've been using that like i do my 360 now, it just happened to be a 360 I found cheap so that's the one of the two I got. I hope I'll be able to get a PS3 next year though.

I don't want to sound insulting...but HOLY CRAP that's about some of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Better graphics on consoles? Are you trolling? Or living under a rock? Better sound than a mono speaker? Yeah...if you only have a mono speaker from the 80's... You know you can get 5.1, or even 7.1 sound systems for computers right? And if you play games on a computer, that's not ALL you can use it for? In fact everything you mentioned - Going online, listening to music, watching movies/youtube, chatting, visiting forums, making art, with photoshop or anything else....you can do ALL of that at the SAME time WHILE you have a game running in the background if you want. How is alt-tab a hassle?
I...I don't even...I'm not so sure I feel like wasting time arguing with you (even though I just did). I like my Xbox just fine, but PC is WAY more functional, and hardly a 'hassle'. My mind. It's boggled.

(Oh wait...cheaper games? Never heard of Steam then, I guess?)

Wow.
#23temgunPosted 11/30/2012 4:14:04 AM
I don't. PC is obviously the superior platform and I play about 90% of my games on it. As for PS3 vs 360, I don't really have a favorite, I like them equally.

Newave posted...
Over a computer? Just about all reasons imaginable. Infinitely better graphics due to the far mode optimized hardware+software of console games, a lot better sound quality+stereo rather than a tiny mono speaker, even though it's not as good screen resolution and doesn't have progressive scan like my computer monitor has the screen size is at least a lot bigger, a lot better controls than mouse and keyboard my computer has, the amount of good games far outnumber even remotely playable games on computer even if I count games that my computer can't play due to the hardware and software limitations and 360 games are a LOT cheaper because they have a second-hand market, also of course playing games on consoles leaves my computer free to be used like it should, as a tool and not a game machine, so I can go online, make art (photoshop, 3ds max etc.), listen to music, watch youtube or DVD movies, chat, visit forums etc. which would be impossible or at the very least an extremely annoying hassle if I was using it to play games.

I do hope you are joking...
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#24Luthor_Posted 11/30/2012 4:20:49 AM
The reasons many people prefer consoles to PC gaming has been gone over countless times on this board, so I'm not going to bother. I'm not in the mood for the PC cult to try and nonchalantly convert my brain into being bothered with graphics and my computer being in the same room as my TV.
---
Dante Stormblade
#25Justice98405Posted 11/30/2012 4:30:11 AM
TC, are you assuming that the 360 is better than the PS3?
I used to think that as well, until I got a PS3 and now have both systems. While 360 has some things going for it, the CLEAR winner is the PS3.
Two primary reasons.
One, playing online on the PS3 is free, unlike 360's Live service, which you pay for and STILL get ads all over the damn place.
Two, the PS3 is a ROCK of stability compared to the 360. I've gone through 5-6 360's to date, and sometimes I don't even like to turn the damn thing on because I just don't know if it's going to even WORK properly. That doesn't happen with the PS3. Not mine at least.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#26NewavePosted 11/30/2012 4:32:54 AM
HeyZeuss posted...
I don't want to sound insulting...but HOLY CRAP that's about some of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Better graphics on consoles? Are you trolling? Or living under a rock? Better sound than a mono speaker? Yeah...if you only have a mono speaker from the 80's... You know you can get 5.1, or even 7.1 sound systems for computers right? And if you play games on a computer, that's not ALL you can use it for? In fact everything you mentioned - Going online, listening to music, watching movies/youtube, chatting, visiting forums, making art, with photoshop or anything else....you can do ALL of that at the SAME time WHILE you have a game running in the background if you want. How is alt-tab a hassle?
I...I don't even...I'm not so sure I feel like wasting time arguing with you (even though I just did). I like my Xbox just fine, but PC is WAY more functional, and hardly a 'hassle'. My mind. It's boggled.

(Oh wait...cheaper games? Never heard of Steam then, I guess?)

Wow.

You don't want to sound insulting? Then you fail miserably at doing the one and only thing you wanted to do.

I guess my computer is magically as good as the most badass gaming rig out there even though it's the cheapest low-end pc I could find ("cheap" as in it still cost more than 4 times as much as my black 360 120gb elite with 2 controllers, gta4, halo odst, gears of war 2 and lego batman+pure did combined), and yes my SDTV has far superior stereo speakers than the small USB mono speaker I have for my computer.
alt-tab works in windows when switching from one window/program to another but if it's anything fullscreen like a game it's slow and tedious, it's either run one thing normally or several things poorly with tons of slowdown for every little command. I can for example watch youtube OR a DVD movie OR listen to music OR use 3ds max OR photoshop OR something else, if I try to do several of any of those I might as well turn off the computer completely because I will literally get more stuff done than if I just sit and stare at the frozen screen while the computer loads every thing I do for several minutes everytime I do ANYthing. If I was rich I'd buy a better computer, a sound system for it, an HD monitor, new mouse, keyboard and maybe even proper gamepads, but I'm not rich so consoles give me everything I want without having to spend dussins of thousands only to reach the same level as consoles do for a fraction of the cost.

And steam? Are you serious? Paying store prices or MORE than store prices without even getting the games you pay for instead of spending less than the cost of a candy bar and getting a physical copy instantly right in your hand that you just pop into your console and begin playing without having to bother with download times, installation time, taking up hard drive space is a good deal to you?
Either your local store has the most HORRIBLE deals on console games imaginable or you're simply so unearthly wealthy that you don't know how to spend your money and just waste it on steam for the sole purpose of making as bad deals as humanly possible. If you have the kind of computer you somehow seem to think everyone has then I'm guessing it's the latter.

Could you send me a few billion euros/pounds/dollars or whatever currency you use so I can buy a gaming computer with a 7.whatever sound system, an HD monitor and all that good stuff too?
It'll help you get rid of a few percentage of that vast fortune you seem to have such problems spending so you'd be ultimately be helping us both!
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB, XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#27NewavePosted 11/30/2012 4:46:06 AM
temgun posted...
I don't. PC is obviously the superior platform and I play about 90% of my games on it. As for PS3 vs 360, I don't really have a favorite, I like them equally.

Newave posted...

I do hope you are joking...

You hope I'm joking about what? Either way, no jokes, computers are hopeless for games. Especially my computer. It's brand new 2012 hardware but with low-end specs, so it can't run old games due to the hardware and software not being compatible and I can't run new games because the hardware is too weak. All my consoles, Dreamcast and newer/stronger play games infinitely better than my PC could ever dream of, making the choice between gaming on PC and gaming on console non-existent.
If I want to play games, doing it on a console is my only alternative unless it's 8-bit, 16-bit or 32-bit consoles because those I can at least emulate well enough that my computer becomes an optional gaming platform, but I usually pick the original console anyway due to having my savefiles on memorycards or in the built in memory of the cartridges and the controls are always best with the original controllers, also a lot of emulators can't emulate all the games I have and like I mentioned earlier, if I play on PC I can't practically do anything else with my computer because it's busy with the game.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB, XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#28PooTPosted 11/30/2012 4:55:39 AM
sometimes
#29KiutsuPosted 11/30/2012 4:56:52 AM
Justice98405 posted...
I used to think that as well, until I got a PS3 and now have both systems. While 360 has some things going for it, the CLEAR winner is the PS3.
Two primary reasons.
One, playing online on the PS3 is free, unlike 360's Live service, which you pay for and STILL get ads all over the damn place.
Two, the PS3 is a ROCK of stability compared to the 360. I've gone through 5-6 360's to date, and sometimes I don't even like to turn the damn thing on because I just don't know if it's going to even WORK properly. That doesn't happen with the PS3. Not mine at least.

No one is asking why you prefer the ps3 here so i don't know why you even made this post.
#30SS_MetalSonicPosted 11/30/2012 5:33:05 AM
Justice98405 posted...
Two primary reasons.
Two, the PS3 is a ROCK of stability compared to the 360...

what the?
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Battlefield 3, LIMBO
Forza 4, God of war 3, Bioshock 2, Donkey Kong Country, Halo 4, Skyrim, Fallout : NV