This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you prefer Xbox 360?

#41RetroFanGirlPosted 11/30/2012 10:34:34 AM
I don't.
---
Playing Final Fantasy XII
#42syr2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 10:46:14 AM
Justice98405 posted...
TC, are you assuming that the 360 is better than the PS3?
I used to think that as well, until I got a PS3 and now have both systems. While 360 has some things going for it, the CLEAR winner is the PS3.
Two primary reasons.
One, playing online on the PS3 is free, unlike 360's Live service, which you pay for and STILL get ads all over the damn place.
Two, the PS3 is a ROCK of stability compared to the 360. I've gone through 5-6 360's to date, and sometimes I don't even like to turn the damn thing on because I just don't know if it's going to even WORK properly. That doesn't happen with the PS3. Not mine at least.

you know, just ignore the fact that Skyrim runs like crap on the PS3, and it might not even get any of the DLC. Not to mention that 99% of games run better on the Xbox.
---
y u do dis 2 mee
#43pakathecatPosted 11/30/2012 11:13:51 AM
syr2 posted...
I don't care so much about the graphics, it would be nice, but I can live without it for the added comfort of playing on my Xbox.

This is kind of why I'm a console gamer. I know I could set things up to be able to play PC stuff with a controller in my comfy papasan, but why go through all the extra bother when the difference isn't too big a deal to me? I prefer simplicity. With my consoles, I know that games I buy for them will work on them. I'm sure if I came into a lot of money I'd buy myself a really nice gaming laptop, but for now, I'm fine with my crap PC and will stick to console gaming.
#44Perfect LightPosted 11/30/2012 11:18:23 AM
I play 360 over a PC because it's cheaper and simpler. I don't have to worry about updating drivers or sound things or any of that nonsense, I just put the game in, do a quick install and play without trying to tweak stuff all the time.
---
E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me.
#45HeyZeussPosted 11/30/2012 11:23:47 AM
Newave posted...

You don't want to sound insulting? Then you fail miserably at doing the one and only thing you wanted to do.

I guess my computer is magically as good as the most badass gaming rig out there even though it's the cheapest low-end pc I could find ("cheap" as in it still cost more than 4 times as much as my black 360 120gb elite with 2 controllers, gta4, halo odst, gears of war 2 and lego batman+pure did combined), and yes my SDTV has far superior stereo speakers than the small USB mono speaker I have for my computer.
alt-tab works in windows when switching from one window/program to another but if it's anything fullscreen like a game it's slow and tedious, it's either run one thing normally or several things poorly with tons of slowdown for every little command. I can for example watch youtube OR a DVD movie OR listen to music OR use 3ds max OR photoshop OR something else, if I try to do several of any of those I might as well turn off the computer completely because I will literally get more stuff done than if I just sit and stare at the frozen screen while the computer loads every thing I do for several minutes everytime I do ANYthing. If I was rich I'd buy a better computer, a sound system for it, an HD monitor, new mouse, keyboard and maybe even proper gamepads, but I'm not rich so consoles give me everything I want without having to spend dussins of thousands only to reach the same level as consoles do for a fraction of the cost.

And steam? Are you serious? Paying store prices or MORE than store prices without even getting the games you pay for instead of spending less than the cost of a candy bar and getting a physical copy instantly right in your hand that you just pop into your console and begin playing without having to bother with download times, installation time, taking up hard drive space is a good deal to you?
Either your local store has the most HORRIBLE deals on console games imaginable or you're simply so unearthly wealthy that you don't know how to spend your money and just waste it on steam for the sole purpose of making as bad deals as humanly possible. If you have the kind of computer you somehow seem to think everyone has then I'm guessing it's the latter.

Could you send me a few billion euros/pounds/dollars or whatever currency you use so I can buy a gaming computer with a 7.whatever sound system, an HD monitor and all that good stuff too?
It'll help you get rid of a few percentage of that vast fortune you seem to have such problems spending so you'd be ultimately be helping us both!

Hey man, your post just sounded like you were talking about pc's in general, not your own specific system. Sorry for sounding rude. In that case I can see where you're coming from. Still though, you can get a decent gaming rig for under 500$, that will give you better graphics than any console (ex: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227437)

And yes, Steam is a fantastic service. Not sure why you think I'm so rich. In fact, I'm far from it. I'm on disability, so everything I have I've had to save up for. My gaming pc has been a work in progress over years. So trust me, I know what's cheaper, and Steam is by far (during Steam sales especially). Some examples : Sleeping Dogs (brand new)- 19.99$, Arkham City - 7.49$, Just Cause 2 - 3.49$, Crysis 2 - 11.99$, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition - 9.99$. Not to mention the plethora of quality FREE games, there's literally tons, in every genre. I'm not some rich pc elitest or anything, I'm just a broke ass gamer, who's been playing games since the 80's. What I've found over the years is that PC gives you the best bang for your buck, though I have nothing against consoles either. I just recently (finally) saved up enough for an Xbox 360, just so I could play NHL 13 (among other things) with this damned lockout going on.
Cheers
#46qHumanAfterAllpPosted 11/30/2012 11:28:23 AM
The online service and community is superior. I don't know about you guys but I play video games for entertainment and nothing is more entertaining than listening to a bunch of mentally challenged people argue and fight over Xbox Live. No where else can you get an experience like that.
#47Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 11:29:49 AM
Compared to PC gaming? I prefer it because having to deal with system requirements is a pain. Compared to other consoles, I don't.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#48817Cowboys87Posted 11/30/2012 11:35:04 AM
I buy most of my games on PC now because the prices cant be beat. Between Steam and now Amazon digital is so freaking cheap compared to Xbox and PSN digital. How about the humble bundle right now. Saints Row: The third, Metro 2033, Darksiders, Red Faction:Armageddon, and Company of Heroes for around 6 bucks. Try getting that value on console. I play my Xbox for Halo and COD with friends.
#49SunDevil77Posted 11/30/2012 11:40:36 AM
I like video games.
---
Kansas is full of good men, I don't want to be a good man. I want to be a great one.