This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 Really is Awful

#1DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/30/2012 5:54:20 AM
I'm a huge RE fan and I picked up this game thinking all the reviews were BS but this game is just full of problems and nonsense. Leon's campaign had a few decent moments, I trudged through Chris's and then I get to Jake's and I've really just had enough of this game. It really is just a dumb, generic shooter. It forgot everything that was good about the series, no personality at all, just like the terrible RE movies.
Jake Chapter 2 exemplifies everything that's wrong with this game and has everything I hate all in 1 level: snow (a blinding blizzard no less), items you're forced to collect, infinitely respawning enemies, flying enemies, snipers, snowmobiles, slippery ice, several QTEs, a boss you can't kill, a poorly done sneaking segment, multiple run away sequences. I got through it in less than an hour thankfully.
I don't know how they managed to make a RE game worse than RE5. I'm just going to blow through the rest of this crap game and be done with it.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#2Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 5:56:07 AM
It's absolutely not a good game. But I've played worse.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#3HMXTaylor_LeePosted 11/30/2012 5:56:38 AM
I enjoyed Resident Evil 6 for the most part, but you are definitely right about Jake's Chapter 2 being the cesspool of annoying sections in games.
#4BlueJester007Posted 11/30/2012 5:57:22 AM
Welcome to the club.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#5homestylesPosted 11/30/2012 5:58:17 AM
Resident Evil 6 Really is Awful

Nah, it's just sort of awful.
#6SoF-RamboPosted 11/30/2012 5:58:44 AM
Capcom must be allergic to money, seeing as I know hundreds of people who would like to see a REmake of 2 and 3.

At least this butchered piece of crap storyline can rest now.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#7Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 6:05:49 AM
I didn't like it at first but it grew on me.

now I love it.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#8Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 6:06:08 AM
The worst part of RE6 is you can tell Capcom thinks it has struck gold with this Jake character. Capcom would be wise to just reboot the franchise, but OMG Jake is so cool.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#9Solid SonicPosted 11/30/2012 6:07:19 AM
How does the game PLAY?

I've had the same thoughts about DmC but, unlike you, I'm trying not to let references to past games taint my opinion of the latest one, regardless of how far off the rails it is.

If the game is still decent, then it's worth giving a shot, even if it's no longer the same soul as its predecessors. That's what gaming is supposed to be about. Quibble about the little stuff later, enjoy what's good now.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#10RygonPosted 11/30/2012 6:09:21 AM
You can tell who's a Resident Evil fan by who hates Resident Evil.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108