This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 Really is Awful

#11Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 7:10:27 AM
How does the game PLAY?

Poorly. I have no nostalgic feelings toward the older entries. It's a mediocre game on its own merits.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#12bigphil2003Posted 11/30/2012 7:16:51 AM
Hold on a minute - you hate snow in games?! Snow levels are the best!
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie
#13TwinmoldPosted 11/30/2012 7:18:26 AM
Capcom must be allergic to money, seeing as I know hundreds of people who would like to see a REmake of 2 and 3.

No you don't, and you're obviously disconnected from reality if you think a forced perspective RE game is going to sell in today's market.

On topic: Resident Evil 6 is awful. They found a great formula with Resident Evil 4, and instead of taking that formula and refining it like Visceral did with Dead Space, they trashed it to try and cash in on the action shooter crowd. It's also rife with Japanese story telling cliches that will make you roll your eyes every time somebody begins talking.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#14SunDevil77Posted 11/30/2012 7:18:40 AM
I had a lot of fun with the game.

/flameshieldup
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#15Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 7:20:33 AM
On topic: Resident Evil 6 is awful. They found a great formula with Resident Evil 4, and instead of taking that formula and refining it like Visceral did with Dead Space, they trashed it to try and cash in on the action shooter crowd. It's also rife with Japanese story telling cliches that will make you roll your eyes every time somebody begins talking.

One thing that really sticks out about RE5 and RE6 is they feel aimless, like they don't exactly know who they're making the game for. I have to wonder how important Shinji Mikami (who left Capcom after RE4) was to the series.
---
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#16Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 7:21:49 AM
They clearly made both for me since I love them.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#17Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 7:23:56 AM
They clearly made both for me since I love them.

Well god bless 'em, because this might be the first time I've seen you admit you enjoyed a game ;)
---
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#18Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 7:25:50 AM
You know people keep saying that... but I own over 200 retail games and enjoyed all of them =p
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#19SunDevil77Posted 11/30/2012 7:26:49 AM
Killah Priest posted...
You know people keep saying that... but I own over 200 retail games and enjoyed all of them =p

Your tastes are so complex priest!
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#20DXiRoNMaN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:27:25 AM
Twinmold posted...
Capcom must be allergic to money, seeing as I know hundreds of people who would like to see a REmake of 2 and 3.

No you don't, and you're obviously disconnected from reality if you think a forced perspective RE game is going to sell in today's market.

exactly right. RE4 wasn't perfect but it still felt like RE, had great horror elements and atmosphere. It didn't feel like a poorly done over the top shooter. RE6 is just a mess. maybe playing coop is better but single player on veteran alot of the fights are just so cluttered, I get knocked down out of nowhere, saved and it really takes you out of the game. the gameplay is clunky and unrefined. don't get me started on the cutscenes, they're all meant to be "kewl" but every single one is lame beyond belief. not to mention the boss fights. the guys at Capcom must be on acid, you fight a guy who turns into a some kind of quadruped, a giant fly and a friggin T-Rex. and that's the "good" part of the game.
Maybe they should've just straight up copied Dead Space, that series gets it right on almost all counts.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron