This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 Really is Awful

#121almasbabyPosted 11/30/2012 11:28:40 PM
RE6 is NOT a terrible game.

As far as gameplay goes it is. One of the worst I've played this gen. But it does have a cinematic quality to it that almost redeems it, but not quite. The gameplay just sucks so bad, nothing could. Proof that story and production value can't make up for a poorly designed game.
#122shawnmckPosted 11/30/2012 11:51:20 PM
almasbaby posted...

As far as gameplay goes it is. One of the worst I've played this gen. But it does have a cinematic quality to it that almost redeems it, but not quite. The gameplay just sucks so bad, nothing could. Proof that story and production value can't make up for a poorly designed game.

^ There is nothing wrong with the gameplay, therefore it is not terrible at all.
You not liking the gameplay =/= terrible gameplay.

I personally don't like the gameplay of Batman: AC or Mass Effect, or even Assassin's Creed....
but that does NOT make them games with terrible gameplay.

You might not like all the QTE's, or the way the game is more TPS than anything else...but the game controls well and is very responsive.
Ergo the problem doesn't lie with gameplay being bad, but rather that you personally don't like it.
Big difference.

People need to stop equating their personal opinions of a game as somehow being fact.
Games with real broken gameplay are games like Brink, RE: Operation Raccoon City, and etc....all of which have serious control issues and bugs.
RE6 doesn't.
#123SikkaSillPosted 12/1/2012 12:03:35 AM
almasbaby posted...

^ There is nothing wrong with the gameplay, therefore it is not terrible at all.
You not liking the gameplay =/= terrible gameplay.

I personally don't like the gameplay of Batman: AC or Mass Effect, or even Assassin's Creed....
but that does NOT make them games with terrible gameplay.

You might not like all the QTE's, or the way the game is more TPS than anything else...but the game controls well and is very responsive.
Ergo the problem doesn't lie with gameplay being bad, but rather that you personally don't like it.
Big difference.

People need to stop equating their personal opinions of a game as somehow being fact.
Games with real broken gameplay are games like Brink, RE: Operation Raccoon City, and etc....all of which have serious control issues and bugs.
RE6 doesn't.

No... the controls are pretty bad and the gun handling is wonky at best. The melee is more fleshed out than the gunplay is, and that's terrible! A.I. is not good, cover is one of the worst implemented covers... the action is great but don't be fooled by pretty colors -.-
---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#124Dillon360Posted 12/1/2012 1:15:52 AM
Call me crazy, but I never really had problems with the controls.

People complain about the inventory system. But I could combine herbs and add them to my arsenal in 2 seconds. Same with dropping ammo. It only took 2 seconds.

I never even had problems with cover. I could be running and slide into cover like a badass. The only issue I had was if you were aiming your gun near a wall, sometimes it would take cover for you. But other than that, I didn't have any issues with the controls.

Maybe I'm just really good at adapting...
---
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year
#125hak145Posted 12/1/2012 2:40:01 AM
maybe the reason why its receiving lots of hate is not so much that it is a bad resident evil game, but more of the fact that as an action game which it is meant to be, it is lackluster compared to any other action game. A action game should'nt be bad at all since it is one of the easiest genres to make a game around. Capcom should've just made a new action ip, instead of now having a franchise that remains stuck between the past and the future and doesn't know what it wants anymore.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#126Worker_8_Posted 12/1/2012 3:17:56 AM
Of course the game is awful, what did you expect? All Capcom cares about is money these days.
#127DXiRoNMaN(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 6:56:35 AM
the cutscenes are so cheesy they make DMC look like high art. one over the top action movie cliche after another. I started cracking up when Jake slid the motorcycle under that truck
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#128jediknight52501Posted 12/1/2012 7:27:42 AM
i love Resident Evil 6. problem?
---
it is good to be back. XBL-UGC Jedi Master, PSN-Creepy_Crandall, Steam-jediknight52501
#129DXiRoNMaN(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 7:35:03 AM
jediknight52501 posted...
i love Resident Evil 6. problem?

I have several problems with the game, not with you liking it
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#130PantherRiderPosted 12/1/2012 8:08:36 AM
Gentlemen! CHOOSE YOUR WEAPONS!

This ***** has blown out into WW3 the war of "Is RE 6 A good game?"

Actually i think this is the premise of Black Ops 2.
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**