This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 Really is Awful

#131TwinmoldPosted 12/1/2012 8:20:32 AM(edited)
^ I never stated that RE6 is a "great game."

Then why are you defending it like there are tears streaming from your eyes?

Resident Evil 6 is terrible because it has no idea what kind of game it wants to be. It tries to be everything, and in turn, executes everything wrong.

The gunplay is terrible. It uses the same "shaky aiming" system from 4, where your character's aim isn't perfect and his body movement causes the crosshair to wobble. This worked in 4 because of the slower gameplay, and it forced you to pace your shots. In Resident Evil 6 where there are double the amount of enemies, it's just frustrating and unfun. It's a mechanic that doesn't fit the flow of the game, just like the ridiculous lack of ammo.

Quickshotting is unsatisfying. Nothing else to be said.

No more weapon customization, or collecting, or anything that could even be called progression. See, the character you start as in 4 and 5 is very different by the end of the game. You'll have new upgraded guns that you found / bought, and it was satisfying. Progression tends to be so. Resident Evil 6 took this, and removed practically all of it. Skills are not a replacement in any way.

The characters are all universally annoying and cliched. Not just a little, there's not one moment that isn't an eye roller. Resident Evil 4 had a charm to its cheesiness in that it didn't take itself so seriously and that the story was on a smaller more personal scale. Resident Evil 5 did away with that, but made up for it by having great cutscene direction and generally being "cool." Resident Evil 6 is just flat out embarrassing to watch.

I could go on, and on, but Resident Evil 6 is probably the worst game I've ever put in my 360 disc tray, and I got 1000 in Gun.

Dead Space is everything Resident Evil wants to be. It took Capcom's formula for success, and while Capcom was busy doing their best to run Resident Evil into the ground, Visceral was refining the formula into one of the most fun 3rd person shooter franchises ever.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#132LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 12/1/2012 8:22:13 AM
Hold on a minute - you hate snow in games?! Snow levels are the best!

Yes I love snow/ice levels too, but I don't like these parts too: snow (a blinding blizzard no less), infinitely respawning enemies, annoying flying enemies that can't be hit unless they're on the ground, snipers, slippery ice one hit and you're sliding all the way down, and the snow sledding sequence that doesn't belong in an RE game.

exactly right. RE4 wasn't perfect but it still felt like RE, had great horror elements and atmosphere. It didn't feel like a poorly done over the top shooter... not to mention the boss fights. the guys at Capcom must be on acid, you fight a guy who turns into a some kind of quadruped, a giant fly and a friggin T-Rex. and that's the "good" part of the game..."

I thought the gameplay is very good and the cutscenes are interesting. But you're right, RE6 is a mess on many parts. Fighting the same boss that transforms into several different weird creatures (a giant fly, yes they're on ac!d), each fight taking a loong time and he just won't die is the part I just wanted to get it over with.

RE4 had a lot of scary/creepy bosses throughout the game (fighting a tank and helicopter in RE6 is not scary) that doesn't repeat (black slug monsters in RE5 comes to mind) and spaced out evenly throughout the game. RE4 is one of the best games on last gen, I don't know why Capcom didn't copy from that formula.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#133DXiRoNMaN(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 12:54:28 PM
oh yeah, fighting/running from the tanks and choppers were horrible. or "running" from the avalanche...actually any part where you have to run in this game is dumb and they use it way too often. like i said, they pretty much used every "x-treme" action movie cliche from the past 10 years, Jake grabbing the chute and jumping from the plane...did anyone watch these cutscenes and act like "wow that was so cool"? maybe the people who like the RE movies. it's a horror game with no horror...actually I'm horrified at what Capcom did to this series.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#134JamanjaxPosted 12/1/2012 9:44:37 PM
it's a horror game with no horror

But it isn't.

and lol at the gameplay complaints. The only two TPS games you'll find with better gunplay are Gears and Vanquish.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#135Dillon360Posted 12/2/2012 5:40:00 AM
Jamanjax posted...
it's a horror game with no horror

But it isn't.

and lol at the gameplay complaints. The only two TPS games you'll find with better gunplay are Gears and Vanquish.

Hahahaha, no.
---
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year
#136Dark_SpiretPosted 12/2/2012 8:56:12 AM
from a gameplay standpoint its obviously not as tight as a gears of war, but honestly i find 6's combat far more entertaining. When everything comes together it feels like a more methodical Vanquish than a standard tps. Being able to run>slide>180degree turn and shoot enemies in there backs while rolling around on the ground to avoid attacks is a pretty cool thing. or being able to slide and plant a bomb while avoiding attacks. using quickshots to chain together stuns and fallow it up with a roundhouse kicks taking everything out on screen. Along with other standard mechanics like sliding in cover, easy vaulting over things a pretty cool counter attack system. If you time everything right with the controls the game gives you no one can touch you and it makes for a pretty exhilarating experience that few games can match. At the very least despite moving and shooting, despite the cover system, when everything comes together the game feels like its own thing.
---
Currently playing: Far Cry 3 - Resident Evil 6 - Anno 2070
#137JamanjaxPosted 12/2/2012 1:41:07 PM
Hahahaha, no.

Then let's hear your thoughts on the TPS that should be taking RE6's place there.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#138shawnmckPosted 12/2/2012 1:59:33 PM
Dark_Spiret posted...
from a gameplay standpoint its obviously not as tight as a gears of war, but honestly i find 6's combat far more entertaining. When everything comes together it feels like a more methodical Vanquish than a standard tps. Being able to run>slide>180degree turn and shoot enemies in there backs while rolling around on the ground to avoid attacks is a pretty cool thing. or being able to slide and plant a bomb while avoiding attacks. using quickshots to chain together stuns and fallow it up with a roundhouse kicks taking everything out on screen. Along with other standard mechanics like sliding in cover, easy vaulting over things a pretty cool counter attack system. If you time everything right with the controls the game gives you no one can touch you and it makes for a pretty exhilarating experience that few games can match. At the very least despite moving and shooting, despite the cover system, when everything comes together the game feels like its own thing.

^ That's the problem between you (those of use who like the game) and everyone else who doesn't....
You are playing the game with the perspective that RE6 is no longer "survival horror" and are trying to have fun with the game for what it is.
But the rift lies between all the rest of the gamers who hate the game simply because it isn't survival horror.
Some people (those who hate the game) just can't get it through their heads that RE6 ISN'T trying to be survival horror anymore, but is trying to be an Action TPS. And with that in mind the game succeeds....but way too many people just refuse to look at it that way and prefer to judge the game with their rose-colored nostalgia glasses on.

They just can't let it go that the RE series has given up on being survival horror and has adopted a more 3rd-person shooter persona...and they just refuse to acknowledge it.
So instead of enjoying the game for what it is, they have to attack it for not being what they wanted & expected it to be.
It would be like me attacking Fallout 3 because its no longer anything like Fallout 1 & 2....
Or attacking GTA 4 & 5 because its nothing like GTA 1 & 2.
Instead of just enjoying the game for what it is.
#139Arucard05Posted 12/2/2012 3:04:22 PM(edited)
^ That's the problem between you (those of use who like the game) and everyone else who doesn't....
You are playing the game with the perspective that RE6 is no longer "survival horror" and are trying to have fun with the game for what it is.
But the rift lies between all the rest of the gamers who hate the game simply because it isn't survival horror.
Some people (those who hate the game) just can't get it through their heads that RE6 ISN'T trying to be survival horror anymore, but is trying to be an Action TPS. And with that in mind the game succeeds....but way too many people just refuse to look at it that way and prefer to judge the game with their rose-colored nostalgia glasses on.

The whole time I was going back and forth with you, I wasn't really trying to argue the point that it's a bad game, only that your idea that the only reason anyone dislikes this game is because they think it should be like the old ones is erroneous. Like I said, I won't argue about this game anymore, but plenty of people dislike this game because they think it's a bad game.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#140shawnmckPosted 12/2/2012 3:35:44 PM(edited)
Arucard05 posted...

The whole time I was going back and forth with you, I wasn't really trying to argue the point that it's a bad game, only that your idea that the only reason anyone dislikes this game is because they think it should be like the old ones is erroneous. Like I said, I won't argue about this game anymore, but plenty of people dislike this game because they think it's a bad game.

^ But Opinions =/= Fact

If one person likes RE6, but another one hates it....does that make it a horrible game or a good game....?
There have been plenty of bad Reviews, but likewise there have been plenty of good ones.
For every negative Review you show me I can show you a good one.

So the issue of RE6 being a "bad" game is itself erroneous, as we are talking about opinion which is entirely subjective.

And some not liking the game is not the same thing as it being fundamentally flawed.

My whole point isn't to convince anyone to like RE6, but to explain how personal opinion does NOT equate to fact.

I am totally fine with people saying that they don't like the game and calling it a bad game, so long as they can back it up with reason and also acknowledge that it is simply their opinion.
Where I take issue is with those who label RE6 a horrible game and try to pass it off as fact.

I fully realize that not everyone is going to like every game....I just wish people would stop acting as if their opinions somehow equal fact.

Another reason why I am so adamantly defending the game is because some people's reasoning for hating the game is so flawed....
If someone hates the game because it is full of QTE's then that's fine, and have no problem with that.
If someone dislikes RE6 because they dislike the story, then that's okay too.
But to hate the game because its not survival horror is flawed reasoning because the game was never meant to be survival horror.
Capcom specifically stated that they wanted to make RE6 more like CoD....so when some claim to hate it because it is too much like CoD then I take issue with that, because its not the fault of Capcom or RE6, but the fault of the gamer who didn't pay attention to the whole purpose of what Capcom was trying to do with RE6.
The game was designed this way on purpose, and so it is illogical for anyone to consider it a flaw when it is an intentional design.