This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 Really is Awful

#141JamanjaxPosted 12/2/2012 5:06:43 PM
So the issue of RE6 being a "bad" game is itself erroneous, as we are talking about opinion which is entirely subjective.

See, that's his entire point right there.

I've butted heads before with Aru over RE5, but I understand his point now. He doesn't care for RE6, so for him it's a bad game. I enjoy RE6, so in my eyes it's a good game.

You just said yourself that this is all entirely subjective. I personally feel that there are some objective qualities that go into a good game vs. bad game argument, but for the sake of this thing, I'll put that to the side. Your argument is pretty much falling apart because you're treating it as if there is some objective quality here despite saying yourself that it's purely a subjective matter.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#142Arucard05Posted 12/2/2012 5:44:20 PM
Yes indeed! Let's just all play the games we like :)
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#143DXiRoNMaN(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 6:41:40 PM
Jamanjax posted...
Hahahaha, no.

Then let's hear your thoughts on the TPS that should be taking RE6's place there.

the whole Uncharted series is better as a TPS than RE6, hell they're probably scarier too. Dead Space is far better both as a shooter and as a horror game.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#144JamanjaxPosted 12/2/2012 8:10:27 PM(edited)
Jamanjax posted...
Hahahaha, no.

Then let's hear your thoughts on the TPS that should be taking RE6's place there.

the whole Uncharted series is better as a TPS than RE6, hell they're probably scarier too. Dead Space is far better both as a shooter and as a horror game.

Lol uncharted

Some of the clunkiest shooting mechanics I've ever dealt with. That series is only tolerable for the great scenery and so-so characterization.

And Dead Space is better as a horror game, but only because RE6 doesn't even entertain the thought of being horror. That's fine by me, so that's a bit of a moot point. Shooting wise it's nothing special. Does what it needs to do for the sake of the game, but it's helped out a lot by the gimmickry of it. Replace Necromorphs with different enemies and you have your run of the mill shooter there.
---
#145SikkaSillPosted 12/2/2012 8:24:03 PM
Most of the people that hate or dislike the game isn't because it's not survival horror..... it's because the gameplay and overall game experience is terrible. Read the reasoning posters are giving you and then realize why they don't like the game as a whole. The gunplay is not up to par with other third person shooters, the story is all over the place, the cover stinks, the pacing is off, the a.i. is not great, it's split up into different campaigns with one being LEAPS better than the others, and they took out key fun and rewarded aspects and used skills instead? Ok then....

It is peoples opinion to think the game is bad.... but also it's the people thinking it's good that is opinion as well. It doesn't live up to Resident Evils standards, and doesn't do anything great in an action third person shooter standards... so overall it's an "ehh" game that can be fun but overall is disappointing because it isn't what it could be in both regards
---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#146DRzCalderonPosted 12/2/2012 8:34:57 PM
Jamanjax posted...
Jamanjax posted...
Hahahaha, no.

Lol uncharted

Some of the clunkiest shooting mechanics I've ever dealt with. That series is only tolerable for the great scenery and so-so characterization.

And Dead Space is better as a horror game, but only because RE6 doesn't even entertain the thought of being horror. That's fine by me, so that's a bit of a moot point. Shooting wise it's nothing special. Does what it needs to do for the sake of the game, but it's helped out a lot by the gimmickry of it. Replace Necromorphs with different enemies and you have your run of the mill shooter there.

Dude Uncharted 2 >>>>>>RE6. I'm sorry but RE6's shooting mechanics are a discrace. Let alone as a whole. I can't believe some out there actually subjectively agree In terms of RE6 being just as good or better than any other TPS ESPECIALLY Uncharted.
---
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
#147JamanjaxPosted 12/2/2012 8:38:16 PM
Dude Uncharted 2 >>>>>>RE6. I'm sorry but RE6's shooting mechanics are a discrace. Let alone as a whole. I can't believe some out there actually subjectively agree In terms of RE6 being just as good or better than any other TPS ESPECIALLY Uncharted.

Uncharted's aiming was extremely floaty and clunky. Hell, movement in general was outside of the linear climbing sequences.

Then again, it could be because I don't enjoy the Playstation controllers for anything that involves shooting.
---
#148Dark_SpiretPosted 12/2/2012 10:08:02 PM
in terms of shooting uncharted is a HORRIBLE example to use. 3 fixed it up a little bit, but the feedback you get with shooting a gun in uncharted is awful. enemies take too many shots and dont react well to them(these are human beings, not zombies). the recoil and movement on your weapons is awful and in many cases makes no sense (why does drakes whole arm jerk back when firing a pistol? why doesnt he actually hold the rifle butt to his shoulder? Why is every gun jerking around constantly when firing yet hes in the ten ring every time?) most of the weapons do not sound right or are way too muffled(witht he exception of the shotgun, magnum and sniper rifle). I love uncharted, but the shooting is not one of its strong points.

Atleast in RE6 you still have some satisfying feedback when poping a head or quickshotting a shotgun at point blank and watching bodies fly. firing a grenade launcher at something makes them explode in a gooey mess (uncharted the guy just flys up in the air 10feet and comes down, booooring). The weapons all sound beefy and have proper usage with realistic aiming and decent recoil. Resident Evil has always had satisfying weapons and combat and RE6 is no exception. Plus you have neat moves and abilities to aid the combat just like you have platforming and slight stealth moments in uncharteds.
---
Currently playing: Far Cry 3 - Resident Evil 6 - Anno 2070
#149Video_Game_CzarPosted 12/2/2012 10:10:34 PM
It's 60-40, 60% being awful and 40% being pretty damn fun.

That Ada part is one of the worst things I've played this year. I would give the game a 6 but after that chapter, It's a 5.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#150_OujiDoza_Posted 12/4/2012 9:05:13 AM
bumping because it was brought to my attention via another topic >_>
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1