This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 Really is Awful

#31Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 8:00:03 AM
I've played through every campaign 3 times now and plan to go through each at least 1 more time.

Over 100 hours so far, can't complain.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#32zinsindettaPosted 11/30/2012 8:02:38 AM
I agree TC. The Leon campaign was pretty cool but the three after were so boring, just a drag to play.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#33SunDevil77Posted 11/30/2012 8:02:58 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
The game felt rushed and not thought-out. Probably because it was rushed and not thought out. The worst part about it is the campaign has no replayability... at all. Unlike 4 & 5, there is no reason at all to ever replay the campaign. You can't customize your weapon load out and you can't change your costume. This is why this game is not worth $60. It is missing a large component that the last games have had.

Mercenaries says hi.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#34BlueJester007Posted 11/30/2012 8:07:14 AM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
The game felt rushed and not thought-out. Probably because it was rushed and not thought out. The worst part about it is the campaign has no replayability... at all. Unlike 4 & 5, there is no reason at all to ever replay the campaign. You can't customize your weapon load out and you can't change your costume. This is why this game is not worth $60. It is missing a large component that the last games have had.

Mercenaries says hi.

That's not the campaign. What do you think I've been playing on this game? The whole point of my post was that the campaign itself had no replayability unlike the last few games. It's missing the replayability of the campaign.

Have I said campaign and replayability enough?
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#35Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 8:08:01 AM
Ignore that you could replay each campaign as the other character.

A costume swap is enough to get you to replay a campaign but a different character with different weapons is not?
---
#36PantherRiderPosted 11/30/2012 8:12:42 AM
Damn i'm glad i got it for 25, and i'm glad walmart will give me 65 for it so i can buy me something worthwhile or finish my x-mas shopping, thanks for the honest opinion on this hell the reason i liked 5 so much was for the reason that we got new costumes/customizable weapons, without that the game don't seem much fun, i mean whats better than going through a game with infinit rocket launcher and feeling totally awesome.
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**
#37Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 8:13:57 AM
I always preferred infinite magnum myself.
---
#38BlueJester007Posted 11/30/2012 8:26:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#39Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 8:17:42 AM(edited)
The reason was they decided to do character skills instead of weapon upgrades.

I did like the way RE5 was setup more, so I agree in that regard just don't think its as bad as "no reason to replay"

You do get another character with a few different weapons at their disposal, different melee animations, different movement speeds, and some different sections to play/tasks to accomplish.

Its much different than just replaying RE5 as sheva.
---
#40Dillon360Posted 11/30/2012 8:19:19 AM
I have very VERY mixed feelings about the game. There are parts I love, like, dislike, and DESPISE!

It's very weird. I've never had so many mixed feelings (positive and negative) towards a game.

I love the gameplay. The dive button is a great addition. I feel so badass diving backwards right before I get hit by a zombie then pumping him full of lead.

Sliding into cover is awesome. Quickshot is very useful. I love how shooting certain parts of the body remove flesh from that area. You can shoot off forearm meat, feet meat, put a big hole in the middle of their chest, or shoot off a big chunk of meat from their head. It's very cool!

The skill thing was cool. But I preferred the weapon upgrade system in RE5.

The graphics of the MAIN characters look phenomenal. As do the cutscenes. But nothing else (environments and enemies) look quite as good. Some parts of the game felt way to dark. Even with high brightness. I shouldn't have to squint to see on my 40 inch tv!

I dislike bodies disappearing after 2 seconds. It ruins immersion a little bit.

I enjoyed the story. Leons was the best. Then Jake. Then Chris. Then Ada. Nothing made sense throughout the first character playthrough. But after I kept playing other campaigns, things slowly started making sense. The intertwining campaigns were interesting. Sometimes the story was great, sometimes it was funny, sometimes it was just corny. Overall, I enjoyed the story. Even though it had some head scratching moments.

I hated EVERY single vehicle section in the game (Jet ski, hummer, jet, helicopter, motorcycle.) They were all more frustrating than fun. I hated the underwater section. The helicopter boss fight. The stealth sections. The blizzard in Jakes campaign. I hated the overabundance of QTE's. I would have had NO PROBLEM if all of those moments were cutscenes. I hated fighting a boss once in a campaign. And then AGAIN in another campaign. Like the boss in Chris and Jake campaign. Or Leon and Jake. They should have made it a cutscene for one of the characters campaigns. I just remember thinking ... "UGH! I have to fight this thing AGAIN?!" And it played exactly the same as in the other campaign...

Ustanak was an awesome enemy. That guy just gave me the creeps. I enjoyed the whole cat and mouse aspect of him in Jake's campaign.

I liked the J'avo. They look creepy with eyes growing all over the place. I loved how every part of their body could mutate. It was very creepy shooting a arm or leg and watching it transform. I think the spider mutation was the creepiest!

Mercenaries mode is awesome as usual. There's a good amount of enemy variety. Most of the enemies and bosses are very creepy!

Uhhhh, yeah. This post is probably all over the place. But so are my feelings about the game! I love it and I hate it!

=/

I give it a 6.

Lots of great features and ideas. But some aren't executed to well and really hold the game back...
---
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year