This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 Really is Awful

#41Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 8:26:19 AM(edited)
I hated fighting a boss once in a campaign. And then AGAIN in another campaign. Like the boss in Chris and Jake campaign. Or Leon and Jake. They should have made it a cutscene for one of the characters campaigns. I just remember thinking ... "UGH! I have to fight this thing AGAIN?!" And it played exactly the same as in the other campaign...

I had mixed feelings on this, I didn't like it at some points but others I felt it was really well done because it gave each character something specific to do in each battle. I thought the simmons battle with leon, helena, and ada was solid but I didn't like having to do the Ustanak battle with both leon/helena and jake/sherry

Another thing I'm kinda mixed on was the way they handled the cross campaign co-op

search for players for 60 seconds and if someone HAPPENS to be at that exact segment in another campaign they'll join your game as the other character... sounds great in theory but can you guess how many times in 100 hours I've actually found someone to play with during those sections? 0
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#42glyde69Posted 11/30/2012 8:25:58 AM
I liked RE6.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#43BlueJester007Posted 11/30/2012 9:00:48 AM(edited)
God, I hate this phone and its tiny ass screen.

You could replay the campaign as a different character in 5 as well. That's not new. One of the reasons I loved RE4 was the experimentation each playthrough. I could test each every weapon with every successive playthrough. I could make very specific runs with the ability to customize my inventory. It added a lot of replay value. Hell, I did not beat the game 50+ times just because it was fun. An added bonus was the ability to change my appearance each playthrough.

RE5 improved upon these aspects by letting you do them when and wherever you wanted. Too bad the partner AI kind of ruined that game.

In RE6, these componets are thrown out entirely for no good discernable reason.

Now let's talk about skills. The skill system in this game is garbage. It takes away things I should already have. Why, when I am easily able to push off enemies in 5, do I suddenly need the Breakout skill just to get out of the same grabs in 6? Did Chris lose that ability over the 3 years? Why can I only carry three Infinite ammo weapons when in 5 I could carry all? Why do I need a skill just to pick up more items when in 5 items were already abundant.

The skills should have enhanced the game not take away from it. Yet, all the skills are are things this game series has established I already have.

The only skills that enhance the gameplay are some of the Mercenaries ones like Time Bonus + and Pharmacist.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#44Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 8:31:45 AM
hmm, whats that all about?
---
#45Dillon360Posted 11/30/2012 8:34:38 AM
Yeah. The cross campaign probably worked OK the first 2-3 days the game came out. When everybody was playing. But after that, it really was very hard to be playing a part in the campaign AT THE SAME TIME as someone playing a completely different campaign, that's on that EXACT same part as you.

And this all has to be done within a 60 second time limit.

That's like needing to be at a party, have a pretty girl with low self esteem, have her be so drunk that she thinks I look like a model, have a vacant room upstairs, and have her carrying condoms ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

That'll never happen!
---
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year
#46Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 8:36:16 AM
lol, I think your party scenario has a higher chance of happening than meeting someone for cross campaign co op.
---
#47Dillon360Posted 11/30/2012 8:40:40 AM
Killah Priest posted...
lol, I think your party scenario has a higher chance of happening than meeting someone for cross campaign co op.

So you're saying THERE'S A CHANCE?!

=)
---
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year
#48BlueJester007Posted 11/30/2012 8:45:28 AM
Killah Priest posted...
hmm, whats that all about?

Made a mistake while trying to navigate through the site on my phone. Fixed it though.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#49Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 8:46:19 AM
yea but now my response is like 10 posts up lol.
---
#50Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 8:49:52 AM(edited)
The reason was they decided to do character skills instead of weapon upgrades.

I did like the way RE5 was setup more, so I agree in that regard just don't think its as bad as "no reason to replay"

You do get another character with a few different weapons at their disposal, different melee animations, different movement speeds, and some different sections to play/tasks to accomplish.

Its much different than just replaying RE5 as sheva.

I agree with the skills system, they probably should have given you less skills and then let you upgrade weapons as well. Some costumes for the SP would have been good too, they had the costumes already there in mercs so why not share them.

I agree with what you're saying except the "I could replay re5 as sheva" because like I said its a bit more than how it was in RE5.
---