This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 Really is Awful

#81Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2012 12:11:26 PM
People need to learn that it's okay to dislike a good game and that doesn't make it garbage.
They need to learn that it's okay to enjoy an awful game and that doesn't make it good.

People need to learn saying a game is garbage is just saying "I don't like it"
If they enjoy an awful game that makes it good.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#82Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 12:46:43 PM
People need to learn that it's okay to dislike a good game and that doesn't make it garbage.
They need to learn that it's okay to enjoy an awful game and that doesn't make it good.

I get the gist of what you're saying, but that doesn't make any sense.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#83PantherRiderPosted 11/30/2012 1:21:16 PM
Yeah, ORC had a really good premise... I was soooo super stoked about that i was even planning on buying it day one but something told me to withdraw and wait... Then i played it(borrowed from my brother) that game played like a crappy arcade game and for 60 bucks def. not worth it... maybe five bucks but even then i wouldn't play it... hell i think i could get way more enjoyment/excitement out of the expendables arcade game than that one (then again i purchased that one and still haven't played it...)
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**
#84RPG_ApostlePosted 11/30/2012 1:35:34 PM
Arucard05 posted...

I get the gist of what you're saying, but that doesn't make any sense.

It makes plenty of sense.

Nexus is saying that you can enjoy a good game, but because YOU enjoy it, that doesn't necessarily make it a good game.

For example: You can love and enjoy Dragon Age 2 since you adore it so much, but that doesn't mean that game is actually 10/10.
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#85darkharePosted 11/30/2012 1:46:47 PM
ResidentEvil6 isnt a bad game just like DeadSpace2 wasnt a bad game, both have gone in the direction other then survival horror though.
---
before i was born i didnt mind death, why would i mind death after living life?
#86shawnmckPosted 11/30/2012 2:26:31 PM(edited)
RE6 was never advertised as being "survival horror."
It amazes me how so many people complain about RE6 not being survival horror, when Capcom has been saying for years that RE6 is going to be more action and almost no survival horror.
Yet people still get disappointed that RE6 is not "survival horror."
If you expected RE6 to be survival horror and were disappointed by the fact that it wasn't...then you have no-body to blame but yourself.

RE6 isn't a great game, but it isn't a bad game either.
But anyone who has been paying even the scantest attention to RE6 while it was being developed knew that it was going to be all out action and NOT survival horror.

But if you adjust your expectations some and STOP expecting RE6 to be a survival horror game and accept it for the Action game that it is, then you will enjoy it a lot more and have more fun with it.
#87JamanjaxPosted 11/30/2012 2:30:01 PM(edited)
If you think RE6 was bad, you must play nothing but the greatest experiences the medium has to offer.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#88Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 2:30:27 PM
RE6 was never advertised as being "survival horror."
It amazes me how so many people complain about RE6 not being survival horror, when Capcom has been saying for years that RE6 is going to be more action and almost no survival horror.
Yet people still get disappointed that RE6 is not "survival horror."
If you expected RE6 to be survival horror and were disappointed by the fact that it wasn't...then you have no-body to blame but yourself.

RE6 isn't a great game, but it isn't a bad game either.
But anyone who has been paying even the scantest attention to RE6 while it was being developed knew that it was going to be all out action and NOT survival horror.

But if you adjust your expectations some and STOP expecting RE6 to be a survival horror game and accept it for the Action game that it is, then you will enjoy it a lot more and have more fun with it.

A fair percentage of gamers were ready to hate the game just because it's different. That's true. But to wave away all criticism as such would be a mistake. There's more people who dislike the game because it's a bad game.

If you think RE6 as bad, you must play nothing but the greatest experiences the medium has to offer.

Why yes, I have been playing a lot of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 lately ;)
---
It's better than bad.
#89KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/30/2012 2:31:59 PM
Couldn't agree more. I got more and more angry the more I played this game, all I could think about was how my 2nd favourite game series of all time had been destroyed. Also, I loved RE5, RE6 is a very very average game. It really is a shame.

What summed this up for me was Ada's theme from RE2 at the end of Leon's campaign playing. It made me remember the brilliance of that game and era and fully put into perspective the crap I had just been playing and how it was nothing like that, in any way.

/rant
---
PLAYING - Halo 4 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#90JamanjaxPosted 11/30/2012 2:33:42 PM
Why yes, I have been playing a lot of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 lately ;)

And this is why your opinion is invalid.. You should be playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles!
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.