This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 Really is Awful

#91Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 2:34:28 PM
And this is why your opinion is invalid.. You should be playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles!

Sonic 2 has Sky Chase Zone.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#92KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/30/2012 2:37:13 PM
Arucard05 posted...
And this is why your opinion is invalid.. You should be playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles!

Sonic 3k has Ice Cap, Lava Reef and Sky Sanctuary! You can shove Sky Chase up your a.... actually I love Sky Chase as well. :)
---
PLAYING - Halo 4 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#93JamanjaxPosted 11/30/2012 2:38:31 PM

..Touché. Dat relaxin' music, man.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#94Dragon NexusPosted 11/30/2012 2:39:00 PM
I get the gist of what you're saying, but that doesn't make any sense.

I remember really enjoying Sonic Adventure 2, but in gameplay terms it's not a great game. The controls are awkward, putting the game in the wrong framerate can glitch up the jumping, the grinding on rails parts often made you kill yourself without meaning to...
But I enjoyed it. and i'll freely admit it's a mediocre game.

I think the same for Alpha Protocol. It's not especially great outside of the conversation system. It's quite exploitable, and certain builds make the game a cake walk. Loved it though. Loved it so much I played it repeatedly until I 1000/1000 the thing. Without stopping.

On the other hand, I can't stand Call of Duty any more. Bores me rigid, but I can acknowledge the games are well put together and fairly well designed with pretty spectacular set pieces. I can't play sports games no matter how good they are because I suck at them and they don't interest me. But they're not bad because of that.

Basically what my point boils down to is "Have your opinion, just don't confuse it with fact".
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#95Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 2:45:00 PM
Basically what my point boils down to is "Have your opinion, just don't confuse it with fact".

Like I said, I get it. But the "fact" part doesn't exist. Call of Duty is not objectively a good game, and Sonic Adventure 2 is not objectively mediocre. Because objectivity doesn't exist here.
---
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#96shawnmckPosted 11/30/2012 2:58:13 PM
Arucard05 posted...

A fair percentage of gamers were ready to hate the game just because it's different. That's true. But to wave away all criticism as such would be a mistake. There's more people who dislike the game because it's a bad game.

^ You are completely wrong by claiming..."but to wave away all criticism as such would be a mistake."....
Who is waving away criticism ?
Nobody is.
Nobody is denying that RE 6 doesn't have problems and has poor design in some places...
All anyone is saying is that it isn't as bad as some are claiming.
Saying that a game is getting a lot of undeserved hate isn't the same thing as ignoring its flaws.
I even stated that RE 6 is isn't a great game.

There is absolutely nothing functionally wrong with RE6.
There are no game-breaking bugs, the enemy ai is not horrid, it has a good length, the controls are very responsive, & etc....
But people hate it because its not survival horror.
That is a very stupid reason (& flawed logic) to claim that the game sucks, or is "the worst game of the year".
Opinion =/= Fact

And once again, I am NOT claiming or even insinuating that RE6 is a great game...
What I'm saying is that its nowhere near as bad as some of you are claiming.
I could claim that Mass Effect 3 is the "worst game of the year"....just because I don't like it and have problems with some of the game's design....but that doesn't make it so.
Just like RE6 isn't the worst game either, just because some of you wanted survival horror but instead got exaggerated Action and way too many QTE's.
#97Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 3:07:38 PM
Who is waving away criticism ?

v

There are no game-breaking bugs, the enemy ai is not horrid, it has a good length, the controls are very responsive, & etc....
But people hate it because its not survival horror.

There's plenty wrong with the game on a very basic design level. It's a bad game. Not a bad survival horror game. Not a bad Resident Evil game. Bad game.

I will agree that some people have taken it too far in some cases. It's not the worst game ever made. It's better than RE5 at least.
---
It's better than bad.
#98Dark_SpiretPosted 11/30/2012 3:18:31 PM
Arucard05 posted...
There's plenty wrong with the game on a very basic design level. It's a bad game. Not a bad survival horror game. Not a bad Resident Evil game. Bad game.

I will agree that some people have taken it too far in some cases. It's not the worst game ever made. It's better than RE5 at least.
No, seriously what elements of RE6 are so broken that constitutes it as a BAD overall game? I am genuinely curious.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 - Black Ops 2 - Torchlight 2
#99Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 3:25:40 PM
No, seriously what elements of RE6 are so broken that constitutes it as a BAD overall game? I am genuinely curious.

Here's a group of reviewers discussing what went wrong with the game for over an hour:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/gamespot-gameplay-special-edition-spoilercast-resident-evil-6-6397745/

It goes over most of the stuff.
---
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#100shawnmckPosted 11/30/2012 4:06:49 PM
^ Gamespot also gave ZombiU a 4.5 out of 10.
I want you to go over to the ZombiU boards and tell all the fans that love that game and tell that that the game sucks because gamespot said so.

And gamestop is but one site.
Gametrailers gave the game (RE6) like a 9.....so I guess that makes gamespot wrong...?