This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Ubi releasing Far Cry 3 in December?

#1SheepinatorPosted 11/30/2012 8:18:22 AM
Don't publishers know that is the graveyard? IIRC, even Ubi themselves once blamed a poor sales season a few years ago on releasing their games late in the season.

My shopping is done. I bought five recent retail games around Black Friday for $15-$30 each, including Forza, NFS, Dishonored, XCOM, I also got a couple of Live DotW deals. Plus I have the usual Halo 4, BLOPS2, AC3, and previous backlog. There isn't a chance in hell I'm buying any full price game in December. Maybe if it were out a month or two earlier I'd have bought it instead of these others, but that ship has sailed.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#2takidigits2005Posted 11/30/2012 8:22:32 AM
The developers said they needed more time to polish their game before release. I'd rather they take their time instead of rushing out a poor product (RE 6 anyone?).
---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."
#3Dillon360Posted 11/30/2012 8:24:19 AM
Because December is the month of giving! (Christmas)

And Ubisoft feels like giving us an awesome game for Christmas!

=)
---
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year
#4Kazuya_80Posted 11/30/2012 8:28:58 AM
Sheepinator posted...
I bought five recent retail games around Black Friday for $15-$30 each, including Forza, NFS, Dishonored, XCOM, I also got a couple of Live DotW deals. Plus I have the usual Halo 4, BLOPS2, AC3, and previous backlog. There isn't a chance in hell I'm buying any full price game in December. Maybe if it were out a month or two earlier I'd have bought it instead of these others, but that ship has sailed.

Theres other people that do buy games full price and dont rely on sales
#5SunDevil77Posted 11/30/2012 8:31:36 AM
Kazuya_80 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
I bought five recent retail games around Black Friday for $15-$30 each, including Forza, NFS, Dishonored, XCOM, I also got a couple of Live DotW deals. Plus I have the usual Halo 4, BLOPS2, AC3, and previous backlog. There isn't a chance in hell I'm buying any full price game in December. Maybe if it were out a month or two earlier I'd have bought it instead of these others, but that ship has sailed.

Theres other people that do buy games full price and dont rely on sales

Like myself...
I am a sucker for hype. Waiting is no bueno for sundevil.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#6G2584Posted 11/30/2012 8:31:46 AM
ITT we have an upset TC who blew his saved lunch money before the game he really really wanted came out.
---
Jesus is Lord
#7robert_rangersuPosted 11/30/2012 8:34:13 AM
G2584 posted...
ITT we have an upset TC who blew his saved lunch money before the game he really really wanted came out.

This. Too bad TC.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#8Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:40:13 AM
G2584 posted...

I've bought 10+ games in the last month. I could buy every single game in the store at full price right now if I wanted to. It's a question of time, which is now spoken for.

It seems a fairly simple concept to me. If you release after everybody else, there is less chance of people having both time and money to want the product day one. They could have released it in Jan-Mar instead.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#9GamerSantaPosted 11/30/2012 8:41:58 AM
robert_rangersu posted...
G2584 posted...

This. Too bad TC.

I would rather have all the games TC bought rather than another shooter that (even though it may be great) will be dead in 4 months. Ubisoft's late release is probably so it doesn't have to clash heads with Halo 4 and the record breaking, Black Ops 2. I don't blame Ubisoft, They KNEW that Far Cry 3 would not sell if it was anywhere in the month of November.
---
My magnificence knows no bounds.
#10G2584Posted 11/30/2012 8:42:57 AM
I'm actually gonna to agree. I really want to play it but I got way too much crap in my plate since Sept.
---
Jesus is Lord