This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fable 2 is no longer available on Games on Demand, even for those who bought it

#101Vyse_skiesPosted 11/30/2012 7:48:32 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
Is that even legal? If you purchase something it's yours. The fact that Microsoft have taken it off and forbidding owners a chance to download it again is wrong because it's like they're stealing money from customers but not providing them with the item the customer purchased.

This has me questioning whether I'll purchase another Arcade title now. Oh, my, Microsoft, you've just opened a can of bad worms. People are not going to forget this.

If I rent a game from Blockbuster or something like that, use it once, then return it... can I go back and take it again, with no cost, any time I want?

This is a really ignorant comment. Blockbuster is a rental service, you pay to rent if for a few days. When you buy off Microsoft, they can charge full price - I see Silent Hill Downpour on there for 34.99. That's pretty much retail price. When you buy something on Live, it's not a rental, it's a purchase and you own it. Denying people something that they own is illegal. Say a person's 360 broke and they wanted Fable 2 again when they bought a new one, if you got a physical copy, you can still play it, having a digital copy shouldn't be any different. So in a sense, it's pretty much stealing.
---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only. I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.
#102Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 11/30/2012 8:01:21 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
Is that even legal? If you purchase something it's yours. The fact that Microsoft have taken it off and forbidding owners a chance to download it again is wrong because it's like they're stealing money from customers but not providing them with the item the customer purchased.

This has me questioning whether I'll purchase another Arcade title now. Oh, my, Microsoft, you've just opened a can of bad worms. People are not going to forget this.

If I rent a game from Blockbuster or something like that, use it once, then return it... can I go back and take it again, with no cost, any time I want?

This is a really ignorant comment. Blockbuster is a rental service, you pay to rent if for a few days. When you buy off Microsoft, they can charge full price - I see Silent Hill Downpour on there for 34.99. That's pretty much retail price. When you buy something on Live, it's not a rental, it's a purchase and you own it. Denying people something that they own is illegal. Say a person's 360 broke and they wanted Fable 2 again when they bought a new one, if you got a physical copy, you can still play it, having a digital copy shouldn't be any different. So in a sense, it's pretty much stealing.

THIS is an ignorant comment. They can charge you whatever they want because it is their service. They can do whatever they want with them because it is their service. You're paying for the rights to download data, not to own the game. You don't own the game. Blockbuster is a rental service because that is what they decided to offer. They determined their prices, they set their limits, etc etc. Microsoft is doing no different. Their service, their rules. Nothing illegal about it.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#103SoincMetalPosted 11/30/2012 8:02:54 PM
Vyse_skies posted...

That's just the thing. One's digital and the others Physical. Two completely different types of media. They can get over on you only because IT IS digital.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#104NeoGeoXSegaPosted 11/30/2012 8:05:17 PM
I think this might have to do with the fact they decided to give Fable 2 for free as a unadvertised promotion one day thing when Fable 3 was being released.

People who downloaded for free said that they couldn't re-download it from their history if they deleted it.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#105toolittletimePosted 11/30/2012 8:06:09 PM
Actually it does sound like something you would win in court if you went up against MS, not worth it for one game but if they were to remove my right to DL the thousand dollars worth of arcade games I have I might consider it.
Still sets a bad example and would destroy consumer confidence.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#106siberian142Posted 11/30/2012 8:08:39 PM(edited)
Vyse_skies posted...
siberian142 posted...
Vyse_skies posted...

I am sure their terms and conditions is set up carefully to allow them to do whatever they want.

I doubt their terms and conditions state that they are allowed to refuse a customer the rights to their own owned purchases.

Doesn't this basically say that?
What limitations apply to my access and use of Microsoft and third-party content? We may disable access to Microsoft and third-party content associated with your account for any reason. We may also remove or disable copies of applications on your Authorized Device in order to protect the Services, application providers, network operators or any other affected or potentially affected parties. Some content and applications available on the Services may be unavailable from time to time or may only be offered for a limited time due to contractual or other limitations, such as the Territory of your Account. As such, you may not be able to re-download content or applications or re-stream certain content that you have purchased; for example, if you change your account to another Territory you may need to re-purchase content or applications that were available to you and paid for in your previous Territory. Except to the extent required by applicable law, we have no obligation to provide a re-download or replacement of any content or application previously purchased. If we receive information from the content owners indicating the dates their content will be unavailable, we will try to share this information with you.
#107toolittletimePosted 11/30/2012 8:12:39 PM
They can but does anyone really expect them to?
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#108Vyse_skiesPosted 11/30/2012 8:22:41 PM
siberian142 posted...
Vyse_skies posted...
siberian142 posted...
Vyse_skies posted...

I am sure their terms and conditions is set up carefully to allow them to do whatever they want.

I doubt their terms and conditions state that they are allowed to refuse a customer the rights to their own owned purchases.

Doesn't this basically say that?
What limitations apply to my access and use of Microsoft and third-party content? We may disable access to Microsoft and third-party content associated with your account for any reason. We may also remove or disable copies of applications on your Authorized Device in order to protect the Services, application providers, network operators or any other affected or potentially affected parties. Some content and applications available on the Services may be unavailable from time to time or may only be offered for a limited time due to contractual or other limitations, such as the Territory of your Account. As such, you may not be able to re-download content or applications or re-stream certain content that you have purchased; for example, if you change your account to another Territory you may need to re-purchase content or applications that were available to you and paid for in your previous Territory. Except to the extent required by applicable law, we have no obligation to provide a re-download or replacement of any content or application previously purchased. If we receive information from the content owners indicating the dates their content will be unavailable, we will try to share this information with you.

... that they are even allowed to put this in there terms and conditions is just wrong. Well, it's probably the last time I'm gonna purchase a game on live now. And I was starting to build myself a little collection. Kinda sad when you think about it. :/
---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only. I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.
#109Shinobi120Posted 11/30/2012 8:26:19 PM
ZosKiaCultus posted...
lol digital distribution

DD sucks, except for games that are DD exclusive.
#110Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 11/30/2012 8:33:42 PM
... that they are even allowed to put this in there terms and conditions is just wrong. Well, it's probably the last time I'm gonna purchase a game on live now. And I was starting to build myself a little collection. Kinda sad when you think about it. :/

That you'd say this make me think you've never read any terms agreement, ever. For anything.

You're really blowing this way out of proportion.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.