This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fable 2 is no longer available on Games on Demand, even for those who bought it

#111siberian142Posted 11/30/2012 8:47:57 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
... that they are even allowed to put this in there terms and conditions is just wrong. Well, it's probably the last time I'm gonna purchase a game on live now. And I was starting to build myself a little collection. Kinda sad when you think about it. :/

That you'd say this make me think you've never read any terms agreement, ever. For anything.

You're really blowing this way out of proportion.

Agreed. I don't like that they put that in their terms either, but it is the consumers job to make sure that they read the terms and that they are to their liking. If it is not, they can discontinue use of the product.

Terms and conditions are funny like that. A lot of people skip the giant walls of text, get upset about something and then learn that they agreed to it.
#112cougarman21Posted 11/30/2012 9:09:58 PM
okay i can say that you CAN download it from download history mate...

i got fable 2 for free a while back, some window of opportunity download moment that i found out about on CAG. I deleted it as soon as i "purchased" it.

You have to go to xbox.com to do it though, mine is about to finish downloading as we speak.

Also, UMK3 and other Midway titles are still downloadable if you purchased them before they were removed.
---
XBL: Juice el Savior
Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO, The Walking Dead, and random Fire Emblem GBA Hacks...
#113WinternovaPosted 11/30/2012 9:21:32 PM
siberian142 posted...
... that they are even allowed to put this in there terms and conditions is just wrong. Well, it's probably the last time I'm gonna purchase a game on live now. And I was starting to build myself a little collection. Kinda sad when you think about it. :/

That you'd say this make me think you've never read any terms agreement, ever. For anything.

Agreed. I don't like that they put that in their terms either, but it is the consumers job to make sure that they read the terms and that they are to their liking. If it is not, they can discontinue use of the product.

Terms and conditions are funny like that. A lot of people skip the giant walls of text, get upset about something and then learn that they agreed to it.

Too many people ignore the terms of contracts they agree to. I like it, though, as it keeps me in business. :-)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#114captpluto99Posted 11/30/2012 9:33:16 PM
NeoGeoXSega posted...
I think this might have to do with the fact they decided to give Fable 2 for free as a unadvertised promotion one day thing when Fable 3 was being released.

People who downloaded for free said that they couldn't re-download it from their history if they deleted it.

I snagged that back in Oct 2010 and I still haven't played it yet. Glad I didn't delete it.
#115DrYnotPosted 11/30/2012 10:18:29 PM

>We reserve the right to rob you.

No. He was denied access to something he bought and owns, and don't give me a line of garbage about how "he only paid to download, not own it!" because that's the worst sort of lawyerball imaginable and just BEGGING someone to turn to torrents.

I will say that at least they refunded it. Although I can't really see how they could have done anything else without laying the groundwork for a class action to get shoved up their ass. And if any corporate crony seriously believes that 'YOU WAVE THE RIGHT TO CLASS ACTION' thing will hold up under any sort of serious fire, they should look up how good those 'tresspassers will be shot' signs are at stopping prosecution.
#116WinternovaPosted 11/30/2012 10:25:14 PM
DrYnot posted...
No. He was denied access to something he bought and owns, and don't give me a line of garbage about how "he only paid to download, not own it!" because that's the worst sort of lawyerball imaginable and just BEGGING someone to turn to torrents.

I will say that at least they refunded it. Although I can't really see how they could have done anything else without laying the groundwork for a class action to get shoved up their ass. And if any corporate crony seriously believes that 'YOU WAVE THE RIGHT TO CLASS ACTION' thing will hold up under any sort of serious fire, they should look up how good those 'tresspassers will be shot' signs are at stopping prosecution.

Guess what? Arbitration clauses DO hold up quite often...often enough that the clause would easily pass muster in the Xbox LIVE contract. The number of affected users also wouldn't reach the level of a class either, so a class action probably wouldn't be certified.

Do me a favor and don't comment on legal matters until you have a scintilla of knowledge about the subject.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#117chrcolPosted 12/1/2012 12:23:28 PM
This is making me look into buying vesperia physical media as that game I got from the marketplace due to the fact its extremely hard to find.

Fable 2 is a microsoft published game, whats the harm with it been kept on the marketplace, so thats baffling and of course I agree with others that removing the ability to redownload isnt on.
#118SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 1:11:54 PM
cougarman21 posted...
okay i can say that you CAN download it from download history mate...

i got fable 2 for free a while back, some window of opportunity download moment that i found out about on CAG. I deleted it as soon as i "purchased" it.

You have to go to xbox.com to do it though, mine is about to finish downloading as we speak.

Also, UMK3 and other Midway titles are still downloadable if you purchased them before they were removed.

No. I can't do that. The game doesn't even show up on Xbox.com for me in the GoD section. Like ive said before, its completely removed, at least in the US.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#119MertensCWPosted 12/1/2012 1:31:30 PM
I got it backed up on PC, ever since that day it was a freebie.
Had i bought any other DD retail game, i'd be damned if i didn't do the same thing.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#120DiaperDandeePosted 12/1/2012 2:23:28 PM
qHumanAfterAllp posted...
Technically you're not purchasing the game your buying the rights to download and play the game. If they take it down that's their business.

I can already see this horrible logic used by game developers in the future if downloads take over for discs. It is a worse "dodging around" of the subject than what the absolute worst politicians use. If we ever have to hear an excuse like this from a company, I hope they go out of business, no matter who the **** they are.
---
Playing (PS3/360): Halo 4, Borderlands 2 (PS3)