This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fable 2 is no longer available on Games on Demand, even for those who bought it

#121Marvel ManPosted 12/1/2012 2:52:46 PM
GoD Fable 2 is a special case. A couple of years ago they were selling the game in chunks. You had to pay like $10 to unlock parts of the game. Also, there was a glitch were the first episode (which as free) unlocked the full game.

So yeah, this is an exception, not the rule. Still, as far as nightmare scenarios goes this is up there.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#122TGAkumaPosted 12/1/2012 3:33:58 PM
So whats the reason for it being removed?
#123SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 4:12:51 PM
TGAkuma posted...

They didn't give one. The rep just told me that her manager confirmed that it was removed and that it wasn't coming back.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#124Luke_the_Duke15Posted 12/1/2012 5:37:10 PM
Sorry if it's been asked before, I didn't read the whole thread, but do they refund everyone who bought it, or do you have to call and bring it up?
---
The Duke has spoken!
#125SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:38:58 AM
Just a quick follow-up. So I sent an e-mail to gamespot a day after posting this explaining the situation. Looks like they subsequently contacted MS about the issue, and now MS has reversed their decision. Weird.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/fable-ii-returns-to-xbox-live-6401029
---
#126guildclawsPosted 12/4/2012 12:18:40 PM
That's digital distribution for ya.

Eiffel posted...
TC, you should still be able to download it. Go to your download history and get it from there. I've re-downloaded a number of items that are no longer on the marketplace that way.

Not Fable 2, it gives you an error message when you try to download it.
#127SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:23:36 PM
Even though the game is back on the marketplace, I still can't download it by any means.
---
#128kingwutuguPosted 12/4/2012 3:29:31 PM
TGAkuma posted...

disney must of bought them, every time they buy something they take all the DLC and games off b/c it wasn't made in their image, their a bunch of satanist.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#129MrSCARYPosted 12/4/2012 5:17:03 PM
Vyse_skies posted...
siberian142 posted...
Vyse_skies posted...
Is that even legal? If you purchase something it's yours. The fact that Microsoft have taken it off and forbidding owners a chance to download it again is wrong because it's like they're stealing money from customers but not providing them with the item the customer purchased.

This has me questioning whether I'll purchase another Arcade title now. Oh, my, Microsoft, you've just opened a can of bad worms. People are not going to forget this.

I am sure their terms and conditions is set up carefully to allow them to do whatever they want.

I doubt their terms and conditions state that they are allowed to refuse a customer the rights to their own owned purchases.

As numerous people have pointed out you do not own the software.
So yeah, they can. Any company can revoke your license for any game at any time.

Might not be cool but it is legal.
---
Whatever.
#130Red-SparrowPosted 12/4/2012 6:11:15 PM
This is making me look into buying vesperia physical media as that game I got from the marketplace due to the fact its extremely hard to find.

...Have you never heard of Amazon or Newegg?