This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fable 2 is no longer available on Games on Demand, even for those who bought it

#31SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:22:40 PM
Just_The_Tip posted...
It sucks but its cool they're refunding your purchase. Why don't you just pick up a brand new copy for $5.

I might. Honestly, I wasn't exactly bent out of shape about it. I initially contacted customer service just to find out when the file would be available again. I was surprised when they told me it wouldn't be coming back. The rep wasn't even aware of the situation until I contacted them, so it seems like this literally just became official. She offered the refund before I even brought it up.

I liked Fable 2, but I can certainly live with not playing it again. I just made this post so others would be aware.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#32mrhappyguy12345Posted 11/30/2012 1:26:48 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
So, if you bought it then deleted it, you just wasted some money. That sucks.

Actually, if you bought it at all you wasted your money.

Just kidding. But it was a pretty disappointing game(imo).
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#33Silent Sniper IVPosted 11/30/2012 1:28:38 PM
13thDragon13 posted...
Digital Distribution is the FUTURE!!

Microsoft has never been anywhere close to competing with competent DD services like steam.
---
"Nerd" and "gamer" have become the ultimate consumerist identity. Completely devoid of values outside of consumption without reflection.
#34CammyApplePosted 11/30/2012 1:31:22 PM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
13thDragon13 posted...

Microsoft has never been anywhere close to competing with competent DD services like steam.

People always cite Steam even when they say "services". If you are going to use a plural at least give multiple examples.

And as for the topic at hand DD is the future. Regardless of what people want to think. The few examples against it get publicized and blown up. The examples for it never do.
#35SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:33:37 PM(edited)
Silent Sniper IV posted...
13thDragon13 posted...

I just started gaming on PC over summer, and honestly, the ridiculous amount of money I've saved on buying games from various online sales (Steam, Amazon, Greenmangaming, Gamefly, etc...) and activating them on Steam is part of why I didn't even care if my $20 was reimbursed. That said, I'm still happy to get the money back.

---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#36ArthasRebornPosted 11/30/2012 1:34:15 PM(edited)
13thDragon13 posted...

And this. Not only is GFWL absolutely godawful and their selection minuscule, their sales are nowhere near competitive enough compared to other DD services.

People always cite Steam even when they say "services". If you are going to use a plural at least give multiple examples.

Gamer's Gate, Green Man Gaming, Gamefly if you're into that, Desura, Good Old Games, and I'm sure there are a few more. With the exception of Desura, which I've never purchased from, and Gamefly, which I had bad experiences with, they're all pretty good. GMG has god-tier sales that top even Steam's due to vouchers being able to stack on top of standard discounts.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn http://i49.tinypic.com/32znxno.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg
#37Solid SonicPosted 11/30/2012 1:33:13 PM
13thDragon13 posted...

Son, are you being a PC fanboy?
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#38CammyApplePosted 11/30/2012 1:35:10 PM
ArthasReborn posted...
13thDragon13 posted...

And this. Not only is GFWL absolutely godawful and their selection minuscule, their sales are nowhere near competitive enough compared to other DD services.

Gamer's Gate, Green Man Gaming, Gamefly if you're into that, Desura, Good Old Games, and I'm sure there are a few more. With the exception of Desura, which I've never purchased from, and Gamefly, which I had bad experiences with, they're all pretty good. GMG has god-tier sales that top even Steam's due to vouchers being able to stack on top of standard discounts.

There ya go.
#39SunDevil77Posted 11/30/2012 2:17:04 PM(edited)
Any topic about Fable just ends up in people who don't like it bashing the hell out of it.
No matter if it has anything to do with the actual game or not.

This saddens me.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#40CammyApplePosted 11/30/2012 1:45:15 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Any topic about Fable just ends up in people who don't like is bashing the hell out of it.
No matter if it has anything to do with the actual game or not.

This saddens me.

I bought the original Xbox for Project Ego. I was let down by Fable but I still enjoyed it for what it was. The same with 2 and 3.