This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fable 2 is no longer available on Games on Demand, even for those who bought it

#61Sipher360Posted 11/30/2012 3:45:27 PM
Solid Sonic posted...
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION!!!!

^^^This... Kinda scary.
---
"Ahk and them never did nothing to me....terrorism is when you hang a * from a tree..." -Grand Puba Maxwell
#62IceteaCrisisPosted 11/30/2012 3:47:41 PM(edited)
qHumanAfterAllp posted...
Technically you're not purchasing the game your buying the rights to download and play the game. If they take it down that's their business.

People love to say this, and this is fine. I don't mind the whole "you're buying the rights to download and play the game.", but if you are in favor of Digital Distribution and use this as a standing point this is another reason digital versions of physical games should be cheaper.

At least people can still grab the disc version at GameStop for 3 dollars so they don't totally loose out, and people that have not deleted it still have it.

(If anyone is. I would grab it before GameStop raises the price to make a few extra dollars off its de-listing)
#63WinternovaPosted 11/30/2012 4:04:36 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
To clarify, if you have the game on your system, you can still play it. You just can't download it again.

I made another topic asking about this, but I just got confirmation from a customer service rep at MS that Fable 2 has been removed from On Demand and that it is no longer available for download. What this means is that if you bought the game previously, and then deleted it for any reason, you will not be able to download it again. So either keep it on your HDD or on a flash drive, because otherwise, you will no longer have access to the game.

In fact, I would recommend this for all your games moving forward.

Interestingly, I looked through my download history, found the GoD version of Fable II, and was able to add it to my download queue just a minute ago.

Not sure what the problem is.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#64SamieFishPosted 11/30/2012 4:12:33 PM
I still have it when it was free the weekend Fable 3 came out
#65SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:14:12 PM
Winternova posted...
Interestingly, I looked through my download history, found the GoD version of Fable II, and was able to add it to my download queue just a minute ago.

The problem is that it can't be downloaded, at least not in the US. It would certainly be interesting if you were somehow able to download it, because the file simply isn't available from Microsoft right now.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#66TSROCKSPosted 11/30/2012 4:17:28 PM
_OujiDoza_ posted...
From: 13thDragon13 | Posted: 11/30/2012 2:33:06 PM | #055
Digital Distribution is the FUTURE!!

VIDEO GAMES!

---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Alex898
#67WinternovaPosted 11/30/2012 4:20:37 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Winternova posted...

The problem is that it can't be downloaded, at least not in the US. It would certainly be interesting if you were somehow able to download it, because the file simply isn't available from Microsoft right now.

It's 25% done with the download as we speak. :-) Perhaps it's not what I think it is, but it says "Fable II game" in the download.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#68SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:26:58 PM
Winternova posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
Winternova posted...

It's 25% done with the download as we speak. :-) Perhaps it's not what I think it is, but it says "Fable II game" in the download.

You live in the US? I'll have to check again when I get home. When I tried to download from my download history last night, it just gave me an error message. Then when I checked on xbox.com, the game doesn't even show up on the list of On Demand games. And to top it off, the customer service rep at MS told me directly that her manager's confirmed that the game was pulled and would not be back. They even processed my refund, and I've seen a few other people who had the same issue.

Well, I wonder if I'll be able to download the game when I get home. I'd feel kind of bad after getting the refund, but not that bad...
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#69EliteGuard99Posted 11/30/2012 4:31:00 PM(edited)
Akiba69 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Any topic about Fable just ends up in people who don't like it bashing the hell out of it.
No matter if it has anything to do with the actual game or not.

This saddens me.

Good! As they should! The people involved in that game should feel ashamed that they ruined Fable the way they did. It is great that everyone voices their disdain for the games that ruined the series.

^This.

Every Fable game was worst than the last, though I really enjoyed the 1st Fable, the second was underwhelming and the third was very disappointing.

Damn that Peter Molyneux, he's such a lying hack.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#70DarthVashtiPosted 11/30/2012 4:30:11 PM
glassghost0 posted...
It's Fable 2, who cares... I've seen it for $1 at Gamestop

This.