This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fable 2 is no longer available on Games on Demand, even for those who bought it

#71WinternovaPosted 11/30/2012 4:55:08 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Winternova posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
Winternova posted...
Interestingly, I looked through my download history, found the GoD version of Fable II, and was able to add it to my download queue just a minute ago.

Not sure what the problem is.

The problem is that it can't be downloaded, at least not in the US. It would certainly be interesting if you were somehow able to download it, because the file simply isn't available from Microsoft right now.

It's 25% done with the download as we speak. :-) Perhaps it's not what I think it is, but it says "Fable II game" in the download.

You live in the US? I'll have to check again when I get home. When I tried to download from my download history last night, it just gave me an error message. Then when I checked on xbox.com, the game doesn't even show up on the list of On Demand games. And to top it off, the customer service rep at MS told me directly that her manager's confirmed that the game was pulled and would not be back. They even processed my refund, and I've seen a few other people who had the same issue.

Well, I wonder if I'll be able to download the game when I get home. I'd feel kind of bad after getting the refund, but not that bad...

Yes, I'm in the US. I am going to see if it's the full game (something tells me it's not) and if not, I'll contact MS for the same refund.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#72SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:00:10 PM
I'm about to head home. I'll post whether it works or not.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#73WinternovaPosted 11/30/2012 5:11:20 PM
Never mind, it was just "Episode 1" of the 5 episode version they released.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#74zyxomma100Posted 11/30/2012 5:23:38 PM
Gamer's Gate, Green Man Gaming, Gamefly if you're into that, Desura, Good Old Games, and I'm sure there are a few more.

See, the thing is, I consider GMG to be decent, but only because they offer Steam keys. So basically, they're Steam to me. Of the others, I consider only GOG to be good, and in fact they're the best because they offer DRM free downloads in such a way that even if they were to go down tomorrow, I would be able to access my purchases indefinitely.

There are a few more, but they are absolutely awful. Basically, I've only found Steam and GOG to be worth my time.
Don't they by law have to give you a certain days notice before they do stuff like this?

As far as I know, not necessarily.

EA has been required to post 30 days notice of server shutdowns, but that's only because there is a notice on the back of the box saying that they will do so. EA not giving server shutdown notices would be not delivering the product on the box, and every customer would be entitled to a refund.
#75Kyle1022Posted 11/30/2012 5:29:00 PM
Yet another reason why digital distribution is dumb ;)
#76walnut100Posted 11/30/2012 5:31:14 PM
I really doubt this is a permanent thing

The same thing happened with Doom and it came back eventually

Really blows for people who don't have the disc version of the game though. Digital Distribution is spotty in some ways, but Microsoft seems especially bad at it
---
We Americans will never take over the world. We're far too lazy.
We'll outsource the task to India, and then take the credit for it. ~ Waffleman
#77zinsindettaPosted 11/30/2012 5:32:22 PM
Kyle1022 posted...

---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#78jonnyram4000Posted 11/30/2012 5:33:08 PM
Wow seriously glad steam is not this dumb digtal ftw.That why it's best to backup all your games but xbox doesn't allow it why i never buy digtal on console FTL.
---
3820 5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | 3way FTW670 4gb |Sammy 830 256gb SSD I sammy 1tb l Mobo ASUS Rampage IV Formula l ASUS PB278Ql PSU ST1500 l HD598 l HDTV PN51D8000
#79CyricsServantPosted 11/30/2012 5:33:37 PM
zinsindetta posted...
Kyle1022 posted...
#80blakbird13Posted 11/30/2012 5:55:44 PM(edited)
SonyHoundDawg posted...
Eiffel posted...
TC, you should still be able to download it. Go to your download history and get it from there. I've re-downloaded a number of items that are no longer on the marketplace that way.

This, but the tinfoil hats dont want to hear it.

I tried all I got was an error message....

Never mind it's downloading now...

I'm at %13 now ...
---
I want a Champions of Norrath HD collection...